Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Clifford von Kettenbrecher

Dusty

Legend of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Dragondusty
Dragondusty
Villager

Cliff by abirosse! :heart:

The light shines around you
And a void that fills my life
Without you, I’m alone
Stuck
in my strife.

I try, I swear, but I’m not lordly.
As if it were sewn that way.
But as I fall upon my knees
And as I stare into a cloudy night
I realize.. You are my light.

Last edited:

Dusty

Legend of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Dragondusty
Dragondusty
Villager

F1CD5F / D8BD4A

Updates in E5D31A

Full Name: Clifford von Kettenbrecher
Titles: Knight, Chainbreaker
Nicknames: Cliff, Cliffy, Ritter

Race: Human, Anhald Descent

Social Status: Lower Upper Class

Profession: Blacksmith

Current Home: Linistel

Frequents: Blackrush, Storm’s Landing, Linistel

Quick Info: Liegeless Knight, Armorsmith, working out of Linistel and the Landing.

Currently: Finding his true calling.

By Gem1ny on DeviantArt

Build: Cliff has an ectomorph build, with a leanly muscled body. He isn’t built like a bodybuilder, but rather function over appearance.

Height: 6” | 182cm

Weight: 204lb | 93kg

Hair: Shaved along the sides, Cliff’s hair is raven-black with a mop of curls on the very top. Messy but handsome, it sways to either side and hangs over his forehead or ears often. He also has a five-o’-clock shadow at times, but often shaves it down.

Eyes: Cliff’s eyes are a proud hazel at the center, fading out into a green. He is clearly perceptive, spending a lot of time analyzing the situations around him, and his eyes carry emotional baggage at times. He isn’t hard to read, a confidence having taken away his prior fog.

Physical Features: A scar from just over his left ear along his cheekbone; the shape of two gryphon claws.

Signature Clothing: Depending on the situation, he has a few notable clothes. If he’s in everyday wear, he often has a black scarf and a brown coat. In his armor, a Synnovian Cross sits upon a dark red chokevine tabard.

Hygiene: Living in a Castle has its perks, and amongst those is Cliff’s hygiene has taken a turn for the better. He bathes regularly, and his hair is more controlled than it was previously.

Seen By Others As: A young warrior.

Last edited:

Dusty

Legend of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Dragondusty
Dragondusty
Villager

Clifford, during his time as an Ignite, by Zoslore! :heart:

Personality: Clifford is a confident ignite who has unwavering faith in his built path. He struggles with Common and generally goes too far in social situations, but he always means well and primarily cares for those around him. He’s a kind and gentle soul on a hard and aggressive path.

Strengths:
Faithful - Cliff is unwavering in his faith, a confidence originating from it that lets him sometimes cross his own morals to follow Synnove.
Courageous - Experience having built in Cliff alongside his training, he’s found an ability to be confident and courageous in his actions whether that be physically or mentally.
Caring - A kindness that always follows him in his steps to help others. Even during his shy times, Cliff was always willing to take an extra step to help another person. He comes across as more gentle to those who have known him over a long period of time.

Weaknesses:
Uncertain - Since he has left Synnove, Cliff has generally been uncertain of his new path and if he had made the right choice. Even though his friends have encouraged him, it's a fear that will never leave.
Rageful - Cliff has always had an amount of hesitance in his step, pausing and uncertain in his choices. It has lessened since his newfound confidence grew within him, but he has an amount of nervousness that he must always overcome.
Blunt - Something about his lack of sociability has caused Cliff to come across as too blunt, or sometimes just as though he doesn’t care about a situation. Even though he tries to be kind, he ends up seeming like an asshole when he doesn’t mean to.

Fears:
Straying from the Light - Cliff fears the kind of person he’d be if he had followed Synnove, and strayed into the type of Ignite he had tried to prove he wasn't. He fears that even now, having left the faith, he'll turn back and become that person.
Belittlement - A history of belittlement and general anger from a person above him, Cliff struggles to hold his ground when someone he respects talks down to him. It’s not the words that make his anxiety flare, it’s the tone and the way they go about presenting it.

Intelligence: Cliff is of reasonable intelligence, perhaps even above that at times. His lack of understanding social skills doesn’t discredit his ability to learn and improve from situations.

Soft spot: Cliff has a weak point for his friends, and always will. He would go to any length to protect those he cares about.

Values: Friendship, Honesty

General Sociability: Clifford struggles with social situations, and often finds himself being too blunt or never properly joining the conversation. He knows this flaw, and works to improve upon it.

Religion: Agnostic

Affiliations:
The Merry Misfits

Alignment: Lawful Good

Motivation: Cliff is motivated by his past, where he had no one to rely on

Short Term Goals:
Learn how to ride Barret better.
Win a proper duel.

Long Term Goals:
Swear an Oath to a Lord.
Find a new path, away from Synnove.
Refine his Craft.

Completed Goals:
Become Stronger. (Achieved, protecting his friends with his newfound strength.)
Prove himself to Synnove. (Achieved, having become Blessed.) Failed when he left the faith.
Honor Cassius with his actions as an Ignite. (Achieved, when Cassius knighted him.)
Follow Synnove’s Light. Failed when he left the faith.
Gain further Honor under Synnove. Failed when he left the faith.
Become a true Knight, having been Knighted by a Lord. (Achieved, when Cassius knighted him.)

Last edited:

Dusty

Legend of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Dragondusty
Dragondusty
Villager

Cliff by abirosse :heart:

Weaponry:
[Vostk]: A hand-and-a-half sword with a flamberge-like blade. The pommel is designed to be that of a sun. It was designed as a gift for Clifford by Izhmoz.
A steel arming sword, as an alternative weapon to Vostk. Made by Cliff.

A spear made by Cliff, simple in design but useful in action.

Inventory:
A full set of refined steel plate armor, with riveted steel underneath.
A red Chokevine tabard, with a Synnovian Cross in yellow upon it. It was made and given as a gift, from Ingrid.
A quilted wool gambeson fitted to Cliff, designed as a commission by Antone Rosenthal.
A formal set of black clothing, designed for Cliff by Antone Rosenthal.
A dark red scarf and sash, often worn over his day-to-day. The only true link to his past.

Golden Sun Pendant

Barret, Clifford’s Appaloosa

Swordsmanship [7/10] - Cliff has been training under multiple skilled Swordsman, and has improved over the years he has been training.

Spearfighting [5/10] - From polearms to spear throwing, Cliff’s proficient and has been training in those weapons as well.

Blacksmithing [7/10] - One must understand their trade, even if ready to fight if they must. Most of Cliff’s life has been spent in a forge, and he works with metal as well as any other smith. He has a preference towards armor and natural blacksmithing items, but could make a blade just as well as any other blacksmith.

Horsemanship [2/10] - He is still learning, but he now knows the basics. Watching the training of Barret by Thure, and breaking the horse himself, he hopes to have a true bond with the warhorse in the future.

Medicine [3/10] - Cliff understands the basics, and has done some minor stitching. He cauterizes as his first response, though, and is mostly just a temporary solution until they can be treated by someone with more knowledge.

Body [3/5]
Mind [1/5]
Soul [1/5]
Might [1/5]
Lore [0/5]
Handling [1/5]
Evasion [2/5]
Medicine [0/5]
Determination [1/5]
Fortitude [1/5]
Crafting [3/5] | Focus (Armoursmithing) [2/3]
Intimidation [1/5]
Melee [3/5] | Focus (Swords) [3/3]
Survival [0/5]
Guile [0/5]
Ranged [0/5]
Awareness [0/5]
Thievery [0/5]
Grappling [0/5]
Stealth [0/5]

Rede [9/10] - He grew up knowing and speaking Rede, he is fluent. But he doesn’t know the complete intricacies, and wouldn’t know how to teach another person.

Common [6/10] - Conversational. Cliff struggles with the language, with a heavy accent and often filtering in words from Rede that make more sense. At times, he has to ask the meaning of complex and new words.

Last edited:

Dusty

Legend of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Dragondusty
Dragondusty
Villager

[ Name - @player - Title ]
"Quote."

High Regards
Those with the highest respects.

[ Ingrid Varyn - Sophe - Partner ]
"Together, we'll get through this. That's what I'm here for."

[ Sir Cassius West - JustTheEngineer - Mentor ]
"I'm sorry."

[ Sir Daeron Vow-Eldrin - Jstar - Highest Respects ]
"Something about your words always seems to help. I'm glad Ingrid has you."

[ Lord Bennett Varyn - TheDeester - The Liege ]
"You've grown. You might not see it, but you're not the same anymore."

Friendly
Without friends, what are we?

[ Marian Olliran - mageaegis - The Scholar ]
"The best of friends don't always have to get along."

[ Glenn Louvel - Zoslore - The Bard ]
"You always seem to get into trouble?"

[ Sophie Velour - Lovelyninja567 - The Gardener ]
"You're always there, anytime I struggle the most."

[ Gunter Schmidt- Philipe - The False Knight ]
"Seems you've grown too, mind-boy."

[ Dante Cromwyll - Necro98 - The Commander ]
"I just hope that the world doesn't collapse on you without me there."

Neutral
There'll always be room for more at the table.

[ Ulric Von Hardanger - kaiser_harding - The Succesor ]
"Ben said something that makes me think.. Maybe you're not so bad, after all. Prove him right."

Unfriendly
Try as you might, you'll never get along with everyone.

[ Branko Callas - Kostadim - The Skraagite ]
"Leave my friends alone, or someone will teach you your place."

Unredeemable
The hardest to forgive, and those that may never see it.

[ Duke Thure Von Hardanger - kaiser_harding - The Duke ]
"I don't know if I'll ever forgive you. Everyone seems to think that's a good thing."

Last edited:

Dusty

Legend of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Dragondusty
Dragondusty
Villager
Updated this! :) I'll get around to relations at some point.

Dusty

Legend of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Dragondusty
Dragondusty
Villager
Relations Updated!
Those who have made a mark on Cliff in the recent month have been given an updated relation, starting from scratch. If you're not on the list, feel free to poke me and I'll add you. :heart:

Theme Updated!

And also, I updated the skills and inventory but who cares about that?

Dusty

Legend of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Dragondusty
Dragondusty
Villager
Clifford has been knighted! But no one will know that. ;)

General updates with him leaving Synnove, including a Surname change as he enters nobility.

Goals updated.

Expertise updated to include the new skills plugin.

I'll do relations just poke me.