Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Closed] Seeking Cultural Writeups

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
miniLogo2.png
1531098363841.png

Hello Alterans,

I'm looking for small and brief (please not more than a few paragraphs per category) of cultural lore for the following races:
Caparii
Halfling
Dwarf
I am not looking for any other race cultural lore to fill at this moment. I am also not looking for more than 1-2 cultural lores for these races, so I will be strict on what gets approved. The submissions needed should:
  • Be an open culture. A culture that new players and old players alike can base their characters off of. ie- not restricted to factions nor regions, or a player oocly.
  • Based on one of the three races above + physiology.
  • No new languages
Please note, if you submit something to the server and wish it to be publicly accessible, they are subject to edits, adjustments, additions or removals as the Lore keeper wills or Server Staff if concerns and need arrises. Our Terms and Services apply. They can be posted by our Hollowworld Server account or your own, and credit to your writing will be given. Please submit to Solus and she'll add in others in Staff to help her review if needed.

First- I would like to hear a pitch of the culture. It can be a few sentences with pictures, or a paragraph pitch. If it sounds alright to me, we can move on to details with the format below. If I ask you to try again- then don't feel discouraged! The idea here is to make something fresh and new in writing, but not something too foreign that players can't rp it properly. Read up on lore for these races and especially talk to those who roleplay them to get a good understanding of what cultures could go with them.

Format said:
Culture Name
History: There is no need for a long history blurb. I will help with this later.
Geography:
Personality:
Physiology [Must be in-line with Lore of race.]:
Hierarchy:
Society:
Beliefs, Religions and/or Philosophy -​
Traditions -​
Clothing -​
Holidays (optional) -​
Names omitted- but these are the current approved pitches that are undergoing writing and review. There is potentialy for some writers to not be able to finish, in which I will keep this thread open or seek others that were declined before to fill out necessary slots.

===
Caparii

Lenngseah Óancoll

Dwarf
Frostspeak Clan
Sandforge? Clan

Halfling
[Un-named]

Last edited:

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
I really like this idea, and hopefully it'll get the people who play these races more involved, as well as get more people playing these races.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
This is now public. I will have this open for a week or two for the summary pitches first before I can close this and let designated writers pick up the small project.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Would I have to put it in the format given?
I'm looking for a pitch of the culture first- and it could be un-structured. For example- "I want to write a culture of both Greathorn and Red caparii that live in wild forests and plains near lakes and mountains. They form families ranging from foragers to guardians of their fellow neighbors. Their culture is built around protecting one another." Or - "I want to write about specific culture of dwarves who value materials passed down by their ancestors and things they value. Most have grey and brown beards with freckles and they live in cold mountain stone-huts. They like to hoard a lot."

--
If your pitch is interesting and broad enough, we can move onto the format given. If you see the culture lore for other races, it's the main info they provide. Format can be adjusted and added on to, depending on what information you want to write up

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
I like! How do I submit a filled-in culture form?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I'll be closing this on friday. Here are the general submissions so far for anyone still considering writing something. I am still sorting through accepting/declining initial pitches:

Caparii: 4 submissions
Halfling: 3 submissions
Dwarves: 2 submission

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I'd like to keep everyone updated on the progress here. My intention is not to keep lore submissions for other things on hold till this is complete, but at least till I've got a good handful of writers having written enough before I can move Lore on. I also don't intend to pressure writers to complete their bit as there's nothing like losing inspiration under deadlines. The names are omitted so folks aren't poked, unless they want to make themselves known- but these are the current approved pitches that are undergoing writing and review. There is potentia for some writers to not be able to finish or start filling their form (it happens), in which I will keep this thread open or seek others that were declined before to fill out necessary slots. The Lenngseah culture is most closest to being fully writ. :)

===
Caparii

Irapak - The Painted Ones
Lenngseah Óancoll

Dwarf
Frostspeak Clan
Sandforge? Clan

Halfling
[Un-named]

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Greetings folks, it's time to move on to other projects. I'm now officially closing submissions. Unless you've already talked to me about a pitch and it was open to being worked on, I'll be declining any more for a while. If there's interest in writing again, it will be re-opened. Thanks for taking part to those you've attempted to send stuff.