Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Coffeepainkiller's Application [Accepted - Jase]

The Whitelist Application Form:

About Me!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

Coffeepainkiller

2. How old are you
?

3. What country are you from?

Sweden but I'm fluent in English

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?

I have read all of the King's Law, the Code of Conduct, the Player Guides and some of the official lore with a focus on the playable races. (I will get to reading more after this application, that's the goal at least)

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming is the action of using knowledge you've gained through OOC means and using them IC. You may choose or not choose choices based on what you know will happen even if your character would have no reasonable way of knowing said information. This could give your character an unfair advantage and discourage other players.

Powergaming is essentially taking power away from the other players. You "take over" their character through telling them their own reactions or actions to your characters actions. Instead of it being a back and forth you take over the scenario, telling your own story instead of creating one with the other players. It will lead to your character being given an advantage and may result in the shaming or discouraging of the other player.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

Nope, it isn't allowed because it could give these characters an unfair advantage which could be applied to a lot of different scenarios. Such as gaining rare materials, or selling specific materials that are sought after.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

ToastySpam

8. Tell us about yourself!

Heya! Thank you, whoever is reading this, for joining me on this thread! I'm Iki (standing for IKEA of course) and I'm just a Swedish girl looking for a fun, roleplaying community. I'm a big nerd and have been roleplaying weekly in my local roleplaying community for about two years now. But even before that I've had a love for roleplaying and fantasy! It started with games, mostly Pokémon and Legend of Zelda but now I'm stuck in these big, open world RPGs such as Witcher III or Assassin's Creed (but I have of course also kept my love for the aforementioned games). Theater has also been a big part of my life and has been a huge help when it comes to roleplaying and in general acting more extroverted and taking initiative. To branch off from just talking about roleplay but still on the topic of games; my goals for the future is to become a character designer/concept artist for games.
Art has been a big thing in my life, a lot because I love the medium but also because it's been one of the few things I've been able to do. I have chronic pains in my joints which hinders a lot of aspects in my life, but not art. But this isn't a sob story, I love what I do and my life is great otherwise so it's no problem! But if I ever joke about drugs (which won't happen often since i know theremight be a younger audience around but I realize that I might let it slip at some point) then it's just my painkillers I'm talking about, I'm too much of a goody two shoe to do anything criminal.
In general I'm a positive gal whose open and very much a "yes, and-" type of person. I'm enthusiastic, a problem solver and easy to get along with (in my own words at least, but I hope to prove it to you all as well!)

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

I do have some artworks I'll add to the end of this and while I do have a love for building in minecraft, I'm still a newbie so I haven't gotten a lot for now but I'll keep practicing!

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

Sadly no, I was just looking for a fantasy server that was just the right amount of roleplay and individual work for it to be fitting for me. With all the positive comments in your comment section I found this server to be really appealing!

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.

Character Name:

Lylek Soltar

Character Age:

22, turning 23 next Fadma

Character Race:

Human, born into the Soolera

Appearance:

Lylek is a lean young man with a spring in his step when he walks. His skin makes it clear to other people of his origins as it's clearly tanned from the travels and his ancestors home in the desert. He has nearly black hair, only showing brown streaks in direct sunlight. It's short and ragged, clearly cut by someone not a hairdresser nor barber but it is charming in it's own way. His eyes are a classic grey, as past down from his mother. He is conveniently charming in appearance, the dimples showing when he smiles only adding to it.

He's usually dressed light. The normal outfit being riding pants, a button up shirt (with the sleeves rolled up) and a sleeveless cardigan made out of a colorful textile and simple boots. Onto that he may add an accessory if they're out to impress but otherwise he feels like it'd be welcoming someone to steal from him.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

preview
preview

Written Test!

"The most exciting thing that happened during a travel? Oh simple, it was a couple of years ago... We had struck a deal with a captain, he would let us travel with him and we'd let him have a gander of our more... exclusive stock. And I, as most young Soolera boys are, was mesmerized by the open sea. The glistening waves as the sun hit them, the gentle sway of the boat and the smell of the sea. It hadn't even crossed my mind that something bad could happen to us, out there, isolated from monster and bandit alike. And then it hit us." Lylek made a swooping motion with his arms, grabbing the attention of everyone sitting by the bar. He eyes them, one after another, making sure they were all looking at him as he kept his arms outstretched to hold the tension.

"The clouds rolled in from the east, the storm hitting our boat before the sun set. I had never experienced something so terrifying as when the boat crashed with a huge wave. It threw most my family, and even some of the seamen, to the ground. I grabbed onto the nearest thing I could reach, the mast, and held onto it for dear life as the rain hit my face." As he talked about the waves he jumped up onto the bar he was sitting by. Carefully he crossed it, making sure he didn't spill anyones drink as he wemt to the nearest supporting wooden pillar. He grabbed it as he demonstrated how he clung to the mast in his story, squinting his eyes as he shielded them with one hand, pretending he was hit by the rain. He heard the awe of the other patrons as they got even more involved with his story. Behind the rows of people he saw the bobbing of a head, like cargo lost at sea, and then another. The two swiftly moved across the room and Lylek grinned to himself.

"Our caravan was securely tied to the boat but my brothers and sisters were desperately trying to keep our things inside from destroying one another. Our brave captain took the ship's wheel and, with much difficulty, managed to steer us towards calmer waters. To this day, I tell you, I have not seen a braver man then that captain. The determination on his face, the ice cold stare as he looked out onto the raging ocean, it gives me shivers." Seeing his friends gather by the door, grinning at him he knew he should wrap up his story. He jumped down from the bar, straightened his back and gave the audience a bright smile. "And that, ladies and gents, is the most exciting, but terrifying, thing to have happened during a travel. Thank you all for listening and may your path be safe." With a quick bow he accepted the cheers and applause before almost rushing to his friends. They kept their laughter down as he pushed the door open, entering the street and letting a wave of cool night air wash over them.

He would've thought they'd gotten out scot-free if he didn't hear a lone voice yelling from inside the tavern. "Wait... They took my radiants!" The sound of chairs being pushed and the clinking of glasses alerted them that they hadn't been that lucky.

Adrenaline filled Lylek and his friends as they took off running down the street, their laughs echoing through the alleyways and surely waking some of the villages sleeping residents.

It was easy to avoid the already drunk and stumbling patrons through simply hiding in the bushed along the road out from the village. The friends were looking over at each other, covering their mouths to stop their giggling and laughs from alerting the others to their location. When the coast was clear they stood up and patted each others backs, congratulating one another to yet another successful heist. One of the friends mimicked Lyleks over dramatic gestures, mocking his theatrics and they walked away from the village. "I swear to the good graces that your story gets more and more dramatic every time you tell it, Lylek." his friend joked, leaning his elbow on Lylek's shoulder. He gave a laugh in responds and pushed his friends head away in fake annoyance. "Yeah yeah, well I have to make up for your all the more bold tactics, you know?"

They returned to his caravan as it stood a pace away from the village, the broken wheel still reminding him that he needs to get a new one soon. He and his friends gave each other a few last teasing jokes and divided the stolen goods among them before his friends waved goodbye, heading off to wherever they were staying the night. His smile fell as he looked down to the money in his hands. He didn't need the money but it was one of the few things he and his friends got up to and if he didn't go with, he was afraid he'd be shunned. So he pocketed the radiants and turned back to his caravan. He chuckled bitterly, knowing that he'd just wake up tomorrow and the cycle would begin all over again. Unless he did something about it.

It's time to do something about it.

Attachments

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Dang, apologies about the wait- I have an exam coming up and I admit this slipped under my radar. I hope you can forgive me for the mess up, Coffeepainkillers. That said, I am happy to approve this application.

Do note that the eyes on your skin appear to be more purple than the grey which was described in your character description. It would be great if you could update your skin to reflect the grey eyes as per your description. Purple eyes on humans (for new whitelist characters) do not exist.

Also, the server is mostly active on American time, although there is a European population who jump on. If you have any questions reach out to me on discord (the name is Jase on the HW one) or through forums, I'd be very happy to help settle you in and answer any questions you may have.

That said, without further ado-

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Not a problem about the wait, totally understand the school struggle!

And I'll fix the skin, my computer screens pretty wack and colors look less colourful on it then they actually do so totally get that they might be off! Quick fix, I'll get it sorted before using it in the server

Thank you for the approval and I hope to see ya online in the future!