Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Commander_Jord's Application [ Accepted - JoeJoe ]

Commander_jord

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Commander_Jord

2. How old are you?
3. What country are you from?
The netherlands but i life in the US and i speak fluent english

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
The usage of modern technologies (such as /msg) to get knowledge that your character wouldnt know and using abilities to a paint where it ruins the roleplay of others and powergaming is when you make yourself overpowered to a point where it isn't even funny anymore (for example saying that nothing can hurt you because of your armor or a spell you have) or always taking the center stage and always be victorious because that isn't how life works either

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
no....why would you?
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Wandering_Ranger
8. Tell us about yourself!
my name is Jordy Oranje
i'm a 16 year old guy with not much going on in life apart from school and videogames
i do have a passion for aviation and have even flown a plane myself a couple times
apart from that i'm a huge fan of the dragon age franchise and my favourite companion is Solas

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
N/A

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found it while looking for alternatives to Thronecraft..i felt like the community had become too toxic and pay to win

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Jay Cullen

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Dirty blonde
blue eyes
pale skin
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Skin is being worked on!

Written Test

Jay was brought into this world together with his identical sister Daisy,from a young age the two were inseperable they played and slept together never leaving eachother side.Their father Devin was a former soldier veteran that left to have a family with his wife velana and trained Daisy and Solas in archery in hopes that also they would become soldiers once they were ready, but both were unsure whether this was what they wanted to dedicate their lives to. Jay was more interested in the magic arts and Daisy always wanted to heal,not hurt so both of them weren’t that adapt at using a bow as much.

Once their brother Benjamin was born their father tried again to raise his child to become a soldier ,Benjamin turned out more like Devin wanted and Benjamin dedicated himself to become a Soldier once he came of age. Because of this Benjamin was always considered the favourite child of Velana and Devin and Jay and Daisy were mostly excluded but they could always rely on each other

When he was 12 Jay got into an argument with his best friend of some thing so petty that it doesn’t even matter anymore , Jay punched his best friend out of pure anger, after this incident most of the town always stayed weary of him but tolerated it due to his age, after this he tried to not use violence again as he now feared his anger issues, he buried them deep inside him so that his anger would never control him ever again, Now he still trained with his bow so that he would be capable of defending himself if necessary but he never showed a true talent for it, he tried other things in life to see what he was good at but his heart was always more interested in the idea of magic so he decided to leave his town in search of someone that could teach him the ways of the arcane. He also managed to convinced his twin sister Daisy to come with him, she'd come with him until she found a tutor for her wish to become a healer among their people soon they set out to lead a life of their own. A couple weeks after they left his sister found a tutor and stayed, they said their goodbye to each other and jay set out on his own journey to make a name for himself and to find out what he ultimately wants with his life

Last edited:

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
Hello and thanks for applying to Hollowworld! Your application is off to a great start, but there are a few problems I'd like you to address:

• Firstly the thing that sticks out the most is the usage of magic. One may not learn such a thing like Magic via backstory but rather through role-play and finding a Teacher of one of the School's of magic and getting sparked by them.
  • While, boiling it down, your power gaming definition is there to a Tee, could you go more in depth with it.

Commander_jord

Villager
Hello and thanks for applying to Hollowworld! Your application is off to a great start, but there are a few problems I'd like you to address:

• Firstly the thing that sticks out the most is the usage of magic. One may not learn such a thing like Magic via backstory but rather through role-play and finding a Teacher of one of the School's of magic and getting sparked by them.
  • While, boiling it down, your power gaming definition is there to a Tee, could you go more in depth with it.
i have edited my backstory to change the magic talent into archery
also i've added an example to my powergaming definiton

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
You're OOC application is perfectly alright, yet I want to point out a few things. Your backstory is all and well, yet don't expect your character to be an expert/master in their range of field as everyone should enjoy watching their character grow, take it from a used-to-be-bard and now a Ranger, it's fun to let Rp take you places. There are a lot of cliches in it, being shunned by a town to the point of leaving, being abnormally talented in one thing past the novice level, getting attack by brigands and bandits on the road and having your sister taken away from you, and lastly memory loss. The biggest ones to address would be being highly talented in archery, memory loss and getting attacked by brigands and bandits. I suggest to heavily rework your backstory or perhaps redo the backstory in itself.

Commander_jord

Villager
You're OOC application is perfectly alright, yet I want to point out a few things. Your backstory is all and well, yet don't expect your character to be an expert/master in their range of field as everyone should enjoy watching their character grow, take it from a used-to-be-bard and now a Ranger, it's fun to let Rp take you places. There are a lot of cliches in it, being shunned by a town to the point of leaving, being abnormally talented in one thing past the novice level, getting attack by brigands and bandits on the road and having your sister taken away from you, and lastly memory loss. The biggest ones to address would be being highly talented in archery, memory loss and getting attacked by brigands and bandits. I suggest to heavily rework your backstory or perhaps redo the backstory in itself.
i've changed the story so that there's no sign of any particular talent also the bandits have been written out and the town shunning has been reduced to them merely remembering what happened between him and his friend...also now his sister found her tutor instead of being taken. I'm sorry if this doesn't suffice writing has never been strong point

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
Hey! Stick around here and go through the boundaries and talk to random folk, and you'll thrive.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Last edited by a moderator: