Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Competitive Pokemon discussion

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
This is for competitive Pokemon discussion of any tier or format you wish to talk about. I primarily play Smogon's OU tier, while sucking at it, while occasionally dipping into other formats such as Smogon's other tiers, VGC14/15, and Wifi battles.

@Itzzaboy might like this.

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
I just recently made a new team for OU based around @dUMMY 's love for Shuckle and it evolved into a sandstorm team. While I didn't play much, I played two matches and won somewhat comfortably so I think it's actually pretty good.

The team is this:

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Toxic

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 8 Def / 144 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Flamethrower

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

Here's the rundown:

Shuckle is my team focus and my most common lead set. His job is simple: Combat other leads and set hazards. I went with maximum physical defense as most leads are often physical attackers, such as Azelf, Aerodactyl, Breloom, and Garchomp. Encore is for opposing hazard users, such as Aerodactyl and Garchomp, and opposing Shuckle. EV's are self explanatory, with the four extra EV's placed in special defense because why not. I have a 0 IV in Speed to go last against other Shuckle and Encore. Minimum Attack is for reducing Confusion and Foul Play damage, which while not neccessary, I do out of habit. I prioritize Stealth Rocks if the team has a weakness to it. Sticky Web is more often secondary.

Charizard Y on a sand team might seem silly at first but it's honestly pretty important. It slays lots of troubling steel and bug types, as well as destroying Water types with Solarbeam. Focus Blast is for Heatran, and Roost is in the event that I need longevity, or if a Scizor is out and can't do anything. Most importantly, it lets me reset sandstorm for Excadrill to have a better chance at sweeping. I can bring this guy out, then Tyranitar, for a clean 8-turn sandstorm.

Tyranitar is the obvious Sandstorm setter. I put a twist on this one by making him act as a lure for common Pokemon, and as a Pursuit trapper. This thing effectively beats Scizor, Ferrothorn, Landorus in both formes, Latios and Latias, Gliscor, Dragonite, Salamence, tons of things. Most of this it needs to be healthy for, as a lot can hit back. I can hit them on the switch as well if I predict correctly. The EV's are specifically suited to always KO Landorus after stealth rock.

Excadrill is a sweeper and a spinner all in one. I needed rocks out of the way for Charizard, so I use Excadrill to rid them. The ground immunity is clutch, and allows me to switch into Diancie and most ground types if I predict correctly. The lack of Iron Head is a nuisance, but is sacrificed for the ability to beat Talonflame and Charizard Y. EV's are to outspeed any base 110 Pokemon holding a scarf, and some Diancie builds.

Heatran is scarfed to kill fairies and fire type weak Pokemon. Overheat is a nuke, especially in Sunlight from Char-Y if I need it. Flamethrower is more consistent and spammable. Flash Cannon kills Fairies reliably, and lastly, Hidden Power Electric lets me lure Gyarados to KO after Stealth Rocks. Max Speed and Special Attack are obligatory for Choice Scarf.

I put Breloom on to reliably switch in on Azumarill if a Fairy Type move isn't incoming. Also, beats Smeargle leads which I despise with all my heart. Overall, it benefits extremely from Sticky Web, and is a grass type, which is enough for me to warrant using this thing I love so much. Mach Punch is extremely useful and quite powerful priority, Bullet Seed is best grass type STAB and penetrates substitutes, Rock Tomb hits Flying types on the switch, and Spore is sleep move. Spore is best move.

Here are some replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-196791149

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-196793290 [ This can't be more ironic. Best replay ever. ]

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-196793290

Last edited:

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I really enjoyed diamond/pearl competitive scene. It expanded the bland "hit fast and hard" to something much more interesting. Weather based teams, trick room teams, uses for opening pokes like baton passing or traps like stealth rock, and then the choice of including a poke to deal with traps or not. It felt like teams were more than just six heavy hitters with different types.

Then black/white hit, and the meta almost immediately switched back to just hit fast hit hard. I didn't stay around long enough to see if it ever got better, as that also happened to be around the time I got tired of Nintendo as a whole. I really do hope the competitive scene got back to a more varied and complex state.

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
I really enjoyed diamond/pearl competitive scene. It expanded the bland "hit fast and hard" to something much more interesting. Weather based teams, trick room teams, uses for opening pokes like baton passing or traps like stealth rock, and then the choice of including a poke to deal with traps or not. It felt like teams were more than just six heavy hitters with different types.

Then black/white hit, and the meta almost immediately switched back to just hit fast hit hard. I didn't stay around long enough to see if it ever got better, as that also happened to be around the time I got tired of Nintendo as a whole. I really do hope the competitive scene got back to a more varied and complex state.
Nintendo was never really one to care for competitive Pokemon, I don't think. I enjoy Smogon's competitive scene more because it's a bit more balanced and does bans for what I think are good reasons.

Diamond and Pearl were great because of the physical/special split and Stealth Rock, one of the most important moves in the game. Black and While did do that whole hyper offense thing as we like to call it, with rain teams becoming the most powerful archetype out there as far as results go. I am really enjoying X and Y because it added a ton, with Fairy type, Mega Evolution, and the various number changes and breeding mechanics. Right now, stall teams are actually on the rise thanks to Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and the new mega evolutions.

I'm enjoying X and Y competitively right now, though to some, it may feel like a bit too much diversity; the amount of viable Pokemon is enormous and the premier threat list is rising more and more. It should settle within the next months or so as the new shiny Mega Evolutions lose their new-toy luster.

It's all open to interpretation I think. If you look outside of Smogon, you see mega Salamence and Rayquaza and I lose hope for any sort of balance.

780 base stat total with the ability to hold an item makes Arceus beg for mercy and Salamence is like Rayquaza's little brother. If only you could use them together, you'd have Rayquaza/Salamence 2.0.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
I love using Dusclops as a kamikaze expert for taking out single sweeper trouble Pokemon, like Heatran.

Dusclops
Item: Eviolite
Stats: 252 Def, 252 SpDef, 4 HP
Moves:
Pain Split
Protect
Curse
Infestation

This Dusclops won't sweep many Pokemon, but it's great at taking out a single target.

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
I love using Dusclops as a kamikaze expert for taking out single sweeper trouble Pokemon, like Heatran.

Dusclops
Item: Eviolite
Stats: 252 Def, 252 SpDef, 4 HP
Moves:
Pain Split
Protect
Curse
Infestation

This Dusclops won't sweep many Pokemon, but it's great at taking out a single target.
That set looks interesting but to me it doesn't look terribly effective. Can you show me some records of it doing stuff?

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Not from my phone, no...

I'll try and find some replays later, but it may be a while.... like a few days while.... (Christmas!!!)

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I personally play on Pokemon Online when I play competitive. I prefer the tiers there (except for a few unique cases, banning Greninja was stupid) and find that generally the community is friendly and helpful. I recently deleted all my teams in a bid to get my client working again, but I do have two teams going. One is for ORAS OU and one is for ORAS NU.
(Note: I'm still doing work to these teams, so suggestions are certainly welcome)

This first team is part of a take on the popular VoltTurn teams from BW.

ORAS OU:
Landorus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Usually my lead. Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed other non-scarfed Pokemon and either deal heavy damage with its powerful moves, or escape threats with U-Turn into something that can handle it better.

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

My Stealth Rock setter as well as a reasonably mixed tank and status absorber. Magic guard means it only takes damage from attacks, so is immune to the effects of poison, burn, weather, hazards etc. Moonblast is for STAB that hits reasonably hard off Clefables 95 SpAtk even without investment, while Fire Blast is a great coverage move to deal with Steel types. Soft-boiled offers reliable and instant recovery, and Stealth Rock is invaluable.

Bisharp (M) @ Black Glasses
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

I should have nicknamed this guy Checkmate. Revenge killing, Pirsuit trapping, Item stealing, this guy does it all. This guy literally puts a full stop to pretty much every psychic and ghost type in the game, can rob defensive Pokemon of Eviolite or Leftovers, and packs Iron Head to put the smackdown on Rock, Ice and Fairy types, as well as being Bisharps strongest reliable move.

Rotom (Rotom-W) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump

Surprise! Most Rotom-W's are usually scarfed, however I prefer to run mine Specs. People switch in a pokemon that would normally fair pretty well against scarfed Rotom, and end up getting 1 or 2HKO'd by Specs instead. Volt Switch is part of the theme and packs quite a punch with full investment and Specs, Thunderbolt is the reliable, spammable STAB move that doesnt force switching. (Will-O-Wisp will probably be removed as it lacks synergy with Choice Items). Hydro Pump does a number on anything that doesn't resist it.

Infernape (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Fire Punch

I'm not usually a big fan of Infernape, but it fits into the team quite well. U-Turn fits into the theme and hits pretty hard with band, especially on Psychic types looking to inflict heavy damage. Close Combat is the STAB move of Choice, dealing a ridiculous amount of damage with Choice Band. Mach Punch may seem weird on a Choice set, but with the boost from Band it makes Infernape a potent revenge killer. Fire Punch is the secondary choice of STAB over Flare Blitz, as the recoil is undesirable and, thanks to Iron Fist, Fire Punch is nearly as strong anyway.

Manectric (M) @ Manectite
Trait: Lightning Rod
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Def
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The Mega of choice for the gimmick and performs its role well. Volt Switch and Thunderbolt do pretty much the same job as Rotom, and forms a nice core with Landorus and Rotom to avoid being KOed by Ground type moves. Overheat destroys Grass, Steel and Ice types, while Hidden Power Ice grants coverage against Grass types (when the SpAtk drop is not wanted) and Dragon types, which resist Manectrics other moves and are usually 4x weak to it, such as non-scarfed Grachomp, Dragonite and Salamence.

ORAS NU:
Pidgeot (F) @ Pidgeotite
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Air Slash

Mega of Choice for this team. Personally I think that Pidgeot needs to be raised a tier, but until then... Hurricane is the main choice of STAB, dealing horrendous damage to anything that doesnt resist it, and even to some that do. It also has 100% accuracy thanks to No Guard. Heat Wave is a powerful coverage move which, again, has 100% accuracy thanks to No Guard, and KOs Steel types such as Honedge, Ferroseed and Durant. Hidden Power Ground may seem somewhat negligible alongside Heat Wave, but it gives M-Pidgeot the coverage to deal with the 1 type that has plagued it since its inception, the Rock type. Grabbing the 1HKO on Eviolite Lairon, Magneton (Non-Sturdy), Probopass (Non-Sturdy), and the 2HKO on Specs Dragalge, Drapion, Omastar and Jolteon

Frogadier (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Protean
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Low Kick
- Gunk Shot
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Performs a similar job to Greninja in the higher tiers, punching holes into the enemy team or revenge killing weakened threats.

Seviper (F) @ Assault Vest
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse

A dark horse of the team but it certainly has its merits. Seviper has 100 base in each attacking stats, but it's special movepool is huge. The moves listed make the most sense, but you can switch it up and add in other special moves such as Mud Slap, Hidden Power or Infestation, or dabble into the Physical side with moves such as X-Scissor, Crunch, Sucker Punch, Dragon Tail, Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Double Edge, Poison Jab, and Iron Tail. You can tailor your Seviper to deal with the threats you need it to deal with. I run Assault Vest, as it allows it to tank a hit or two from the plethora of psychic types that plague NU, as well as the random neutral special attacks. The moveset I've listed here, I feel covers the most threats. Sludge Bomb is the STAB of choice, Flamethrower deals with Grass types who resist or are neutral to Sludge Bomb (most notably Ferroseed and Klefki). Dark Pulse deals with Psychic and Ghost types such as Cofragrigus, Mesprit, Froslass, Golurk and Bronzong. Giga Drain grants a form of recovery as well as the ability to hit ground types such as Whiscash, Quagsire, Rhydon, Graveler, Hippopotas and Seismetoad. As stated before, however, Seviper is no one trick pony. You can tailor it to suit your teams needs with different EV spreads, movesets and items.

Whiscash (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge

Whiscash is a weird Pokemon rarely seen in NU, but it has a pretty cool Niche. It's one of the few Pokemon in NU with Dragon Dance, and can use it to quite an effect. Earthquake is the main STAB move of choice, ripping holes into anything that doesnt resist it. Waterfall is an awesome secondary STAB that also packs a flinch chance, which is very nice after a speed boost or two. Stone Edge is the move of choice against flying types like Swanna, Mantine, regular Charizard and Talonflame.

Lairon (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Head Smash
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar

In my opinion one of the best physical tanks in the tier. Will take any physical move with ease (bar fighting or ground types). Head Smash punches holes into a bunch of things that dont resist it even without investment, and Lairon takes no recoil thanks to Rock Head. Stealth Rock is an amazing entry hazard that is fantastic in any tier, and Lairon sets it with ease. Earthquake rounds out Lairons coverage, dealing with Rock and Steel types. Roar is a nice move that can phaze boosters trying to set up on Lairon as well as rack up SR damage.

Emboar (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Flare Blitz
- Hammer Arm
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash

Typing aside, Emboar is a pretty fantastic Pokemon, but its Speed lets it down. Choice Scarf helps to rectify this, and Emboar revenge kills and Punches holes with ease.

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
I like that volt-turn team, I can find it being a pain in the ass for offensive teams to beat.

I would like to talk about Greninja bans, since Smogon is currently suspect testing to see if it's banworthy or not. I'm not that great at laddering so I'm not gonna vote, but a lot of arguments for it, I feel, are justified and understandable. Greninja was very good at the end of X/Y before ORAS came out, and had well defined counters and checks. The advent of the new Move Tutors gave Greninja the perfect moves it needed to counter even most of these counters: Clefable, Azumarill, Sylveon, basically any fairy type, and things weak to Low Kick: Kyurem-B, Chansey, Empoleon. It's hard to prep for this thing because it can run a coverage move for any threat it wants to handle, with Dark Pulse, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Extrasensory, U-turn, Gunk Shot, Low Kick, Hidden Power Fire, Hidden Power Grass, and Grass Knot.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Arguments as to why Greninja is not broken:
- Amazingly fraily to the point where most Priority (especially Mach Punch) will make a huge hole if not 1HKO Greninja before it can even move. These Pokemon include but are not limited to Breloom, Infernape, Conkeldurr, Lucario, Azumarill, Bisharp, Diggersby, Dragonite, Medicham, Scizor and Talonflame.
- While its Speed is a great boon, Choice Scarf pokemon can outspeed it and 1HKO with an appropriate move.
- It's attacking stats are good, but they aren't great. It wont sweep a team, simply punch holes into the team.
- Greninja has major 4MSS (4 move slot syndrome). It has a huge number of coverage moves, but cannot run all of them, and is beaten by pokemon dependant on what moves it doesnt run. For example, those who dont run Low Kick are walled by Empoleon. Those without Gunk Shot are walled by fairies such as Azumarill, Sylveon and Clefable.

Is it a good Pokemon? Absolutely, top tier no doubt, and deserves a spot in OU. Did the ORAS move tutors give it the tools to perform its role better, and make it harder to counter? Yes. Does that make it broken? No.

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
Arguments as to why Greninja is not broken:
- Amazingly fraily to the point where most Priority (especially Mach Punch) will make a huge hole if not 1HKO Greninja before it can even move. These Pokemon include but are not limited to Breloom, Infernape, Conkeldurr, Lucario, Azumarill, Bisharp, Diggersby, Dragonite, Medicham, Scizor and Talonflame.
- While its Speed is a great boon, Choice Scarf pokemon can outspeed it and 1HKO with an appropriate move.
- It's attacking stats are good, but they aren't great. It wont sweep a team, simply punch holes into the team.
- Greninja has major 4MSS (4 move slot syndrome). It has a huge number of coverage moves, but cannot run all of them, and is beaten by pokemon dependant on what moves it doesnt run. For example, those who dont run Low Kick are walled by Empoleon. Those without Gunk Shot are walled by fairies such as Azumarill, Sylveon and Clefable.

Is it a good Pokemon? Absolutely, top tier no doubt, and deserves a spot in OU. Did the ORAS move tutors give it the tools to perform its role better, and make it harder to counter? Yes. Does that make it broken? No.

I can agree with the first three statements, as they are all very good points. I disagree with 4 because while he has 4MSS, this actually shows how massive its movepool can be, and it picks and chooses what will defeat it on a team and a team can be modified accordingly to deal with these. A team has to scout several moves to get a good idea to what counters it, making Greninja a threat that has to be prepared for by more than a single mon; this limits teambuilding and especially hurts hyper offense and some balanced teams.

Another thing about Choice Scarf Pokemon and priority users is that they have to switch in safely, which few can hope to do. Landorus-T can almost never hope to switch in safely and Talonflame is destroyed by water stab, just to name a few. If they can switch in, they can definitely beat Greninja, assuming he doesn't just switch out to something more appropriate. Bisharp can trap Greninja, kinda, as it has to gamble between Sucker Punch and Pursuit to hope to defeat it immediately.

There are a few hard counters that could be used, but the only two I can immediately think of that are viable are Porygon2 and specially defensive Alomomola, and the latter is slightly shaky to use. Both of which are extremely passive, and kinda mediocre outside of countering Greninja.

Greninja makes for an interesting case as it is not as obviously broken, but I believe it should be banned from OU because it makes teambuilding difficult, requires more than one answer to it, and was already excellent before being buffed even more so in ORAS.

RexJen

Lord of Altera
I am just getting into compeditiveness after 11 years of poke playing

This is my team right now (im going to be breeding for natures, but not my swampert, my swampert is my special one~)
I havn't gotten any items for them yet

Aggron -
Nature: Rash
Super Training: Defense / Attack
  1. Rock Slide
  2. Iron Head
  3. Take Down
  4. Iron Tail
Mega Rayquaza -
Ability: Air Lock / Delta Stream
Nature: Adamant
Super Training: None yet
  1. Extreme Speed
  2. Dragon Pulse
  3. Dragon Dance
  4. Dragon Ascent
Swampert - GOOD RMS
Ability: Torrent
Super Training: Hp / Sp Attack
  1. Blizzard
  2. Earthquake
  3. Surf
  4. Brick Break
Blaziken -
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Relaxed
Super Training: None
  1. Slash
  2. Peck
  3. Quick Attack
  4. Blaze Kick
Sceptile - Tress
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Jolly
  1. Dual Chop
  2. Leaf Blade
  3. X - Scissor
  4. Mega Drain
Aegislash -
Ability: Stance Change
  1. Aerial Ace
  2. Flash Cannon
  3. Night Slash
  4. Shadow Sneak

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
I am just getting into compeditiveness after 11 years of poke playing

This is my team right now (im going to be breeding for natures, but not my swampert, my swampert is my special one~)
I havn't gotten any items for them yet

Aggron -
Super Training: Defense / Attack
  1. Rock Slide
  2. Iron Head
  3. Take Down
  4. Iron Tail
Mega Rayquaza -
Ability: Air Lock / Delta Stream
Super Training: None yet
  1. Extreme Speed
  2. Dragon Pulse
  3. Dragon Dance
  4. Dragon Ascent
Swampert - GOOD RMS
Ability: Torrent
Super Training: Hp / Sp Attack
  1. Blizzard
  2. Earthquake
  3. Surf
  4. Brick Break
Blaziken -
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Relaxed
  1. Slash
  2. Peck
  3. Quick Attack
  4. Blaze Kick
Sceptile - Tress
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Jolly
  1. Dual Chop
  2. Leaf Blade
  3. X - Scissor
  4. Mega Drain
Aegislash -
Ability: Stance Change
  1. Aerial Ace
  2. Flash Cannon
  3. Night Slash
  4. Shadow Sneak
I like that you're getting into the competitive scene, though I will say, you're much better off trying to play on a simulator first than on the 3DS; the amount of time and effort that goes into making a single Pokemon can be daunting and extensive unless you are entirely confident in your team. If you want, me and @Itzzaboy can help ease you into the scene. I'm no master myself but I can get you started.

There are resources out there for you to use to get started as well. There are plenty of things on Smogon, Pokemon Online, Marriland, and tons of other sites ( Google is your friend here ), so use your resources. It's better to start playing with people, however, as you learn from practice.

Two very popular simulators are Pokemon Online, and Pokemon Showdown!, so you have an option between which community you'd rather get into.

RexJen

Lord of Altera
I like that you're getting into the competitive scene, though I will say, you're much better off trying to play on a simulator first than on the 3DS; the amount of time and effort that goes into making a single Pokemon can be daunting and extensive unless you are entirely confident in your team. If you want, me and @Itzzaboy can help ease you into the scene. I'm no master myself but I can get you started.

There are resources out there for you to use to get started as well. There are plenty of things on Smogon, Pokemon Online, Marriland, and tons of other sites ( Google is your friend here ), so use your resources. It's better to start playing with people, however, as you learn from practice.

Two very popular simulators are Pokemon Online, and Pokemon Showdown!, so you have an option between which community you'd rather get into.
Oh, I just want to get a team and get into the competitiveness, I have a list of natures open and I am going to breed
I was just asking what moves I should use

RexJen

Lord of Altera
Oh, I just want to get a team and get into the competitiveness, I have a list of natures open and I am going to breed
I was just asking what moves I should use
What I mean is, I am pretty confident in my team, I just want a few tips and tricks. Like if there are any abilities or items or certain moves that I should use to compliment my playstyle?

Edit: Like I used to have a Shell Bell on my Swampert so that he could heal, he pretty much tanks everything except for grass when it outspeeds him

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
What I mean is, I am pretty confident in my team, I just want a few tips and tricks. Like if there are any abilities or items or certain moves that I should use to compliment my playstyle?

Edit: Like I used to have a Shell Bell on my Swampert so that he could heal, he pretty much tanks everything except for grass when it outspeeds him
Well, my first advice is to go look up a specific metagame to get into. I would highly advise to not play random Wifi battles as you could either face a team of Pikachu or Arceus. If you want to play anything other than that, you'd have to change your team; Mega Rayquaza isn't allowed in any competitive setting aside from Wifi battles because it's the most broken thing in the entire game. (That I know of.)

Once you decide what you'd like to get into, do a bit of research; some Pokemon are banned from them and some rules might be applied. Things like Double Team and Minimize are often banned. And some Pokemon may or may not be completely useless in the tier you go for.

RexJen

Lord of Altera
Well, my first advice is to go look up a specific metagame to get into. I would highly advise to not play random Wifi battles as you could either face a team of Pikachu or Arceus. If you want to play anything other than that, you'd have to change your team; Mega Rayquaza isn't allowed in any competitive setting aside from Wifi battles because it's the most broken thing in the entire game. (That I know of.)

Once you decide what you'd like to get into, do a bit of research; some Pokemon are banned from them and some rules might be applied. Things like Double Team and Minimize are often banned. And some Pokemon may or may not be completely useless in the tier you go for.
I might switch Rayquaza for Skarmory and make Aggron Mega.

I have literally no idea how to do any multiplayer other than Wi-fi battles

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
I might switch Rayquaza for Skarmory and make Aggron Mega.

I have literally no idea how to do any multiplayer other than Wi-fi battles
Wi-fi battles are oftentimes not worth it because there are no rules to it. I mean, I could just bring 6 Arceus if I wanted, and I don't think anyone finds that really fun to fight.

The closest thing to standard competitive that I play is Smogon's Overused tier, which is basically everything that is good, but not stupid-powerful title legendaries. Somethings like Blaziken are banned because they ended up becoming broken.