Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Councilwoman Sicarus-Freyr for Council

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Another poster for the folks in the Landing!

Citizens of the Landing,

As a response to the not so cunning attempts at deception from Councilman Doggett.

He does not apologize for calling Constructs soulless things, nor for calling Vyres monsters (he called the Undead present at the debate monsters, and Vyres are unfortunately amongst the Undead). Once the mood in the room shifted, he abandoned his stance on Constructs to silence, no doubt wishing to take it back until I called him out on such. He did already take back his stance on Vyres, however. The moment he noticed calling Vyres monsters at random was a bad play, he took it back by stating he is friends with one. Not only did he attempt to deceive then, he tries so now by saying he is not going to amend his statements. But he did.

He claims to be a part of a great deal of progress within the Council. He was. But all of the previously elected members were part of such.
Many contributed money, and near all forfeited their pay after I began putting mine aside for the betterment of the Landing, with focus on its slums. There was a mutual decision amongst the Council that corruption needed to be rooted out. Councilman Doggett did his part, aye, but it was just doing the work needed. Not an act of noble heroism, unlike what he might state.

Notice that Councilman Doggett, in his defensive heckling with the lack of my position within the Landing, does not state that he overheard the idea Councilman Elsattir and myself had discussed. I do believe that there are current efforts ongoing based on the suggestion by Councilman Elsattir and myself, but it originated from our minds and not his or Councilman Tideborne's. I would gladly swear so before the truth of Synnove herself, if need be. Shame on them for concocting a plan to deceive you all, most of all for dragging Councilman Elsattir into it without his knowledge or consent. All I hope is that my plan to get teachers from Frostwarts and other places, those teachers that give education but are not specifically working for any existing entity, is being copied, and he does not attempt to bring Frostwarts to the Landing.

I will condemn Councilman Doggett's use of matters discussed during an official Council meeting as a way to attempt solidifying political power. Aye, I did plead for extradition over execution. As some might know, there has been extradition from the Landing to a foreign entity before. It is not without precedent. As some might know from what was announced at the trial of Rolland Schiff and Branko Callas, a pregnant woman was captured by the latter and was about to be killed if the former was not extradited and traded. Unlike what Councilman Doggett states, but I will not name names, I had the majority support for what I suggested. I did not serve a foreign power over the Landing, I was saving two innocent lives.

My main residence is not far removed from the Landing, and I have owned property here since not long after it first became possible. Even before becoming part of the Council, I have fought against crime and supported the betterment of the slums. Jobs, food, beds and protection for all within the slums should be paramount. It is what I have stood for, and will continue to stand for with the current Council, the next, or even from outside of the Council.
I look forward to working alongside future Councilman Khrarstein, for his stances on security and equal treatment.

If any have further questions or comments, feel free to send word to my office in the Landing with a question or send word ahead that you will come by.

May you all be safe and in good health.

Signed,
Councilwoman Sicarus-Freyr

[Edited because I got on PC and fixed the layout]

Last edited: