Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Crafting Grandfathering Professions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
Thread closed: if there's any future need for this, please make an IGT ticket in the discord.

Crafting Grandfathering Professions

This thread is for returning or older characters to grandfather their roleplay skillsets into the crafting plugin. You can have three specializations total. Keep in mind that more are planned to come, and if you wish to have one of those upcoming professions, keep an open slot for your character. Otherwise, the specializations that will be in the plugin at launch are...

-Smithing-
Spec: Bladesmith
Spec: Armorsmith

-Carving-
Spec: Bowyer
Spec: Shipwright
Spec: Siege Engineer

-Tailory-
Spec: Weaving
Spec: Tanning

-Alchemy-
Spec: Alchemy

-Ornamentalist-
Spec: Jeweler
Spec: Tinker

To apply for your character to be grandfathered, please fill out this form and comment it below. A H/S Crafting Admin will update your threads.

IGN:
Character name:
Link to profile:
Specialization 1:

Approx. date started:
Specialization 2 (if relevant):
Approx. date started:
Specialization 3 (if relevant):
Approx. date started:

(Put any other links such as a smith's business page or an open list of your crafts. This will help us discern the right level for the character.)

*If you already have three specializations selected and a new spec is released that aligns with your character that would have experience, please give an extra note of which one you want to replace. We may refuse altering if the change doesn't make sense, and prefer people start anew instead.

|| Not Yet Released ||

-Enchanting-
Spec: Enchanting

-Cooking-
Spec: Chef
Spec: Brewer

Last edited by a moderator:

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Character name: Athryl Mithtanil
Link to profile: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-alchemist.26913/
Specialization 1: Alchemy (no spec) He would be at Mastery level I believe as I’ve dedicated most of what he is to Alchemy in his arc.
Approx. date started: January 2014

- Had several Alchemy Apprentices, title of Master Alchemist, Founder of the Alchemy Guild back in the day. Happy to provide links or more evidence of his studies, research, and teaching.

EDIT: The following links are to his old alchemy shop, the Alchemists Guild, and one of the many events he ran to teach alchemy.

https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-elixirium.27217/

https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-alchemists-guild.27309/

https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/7-15-17-alchemy-and-herbology-lesson.40738/

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Character name: Ashna Kov'Gra'Sek
Link to profile: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/ashna-kovgrasek.27346/
Specialization 1: Alchemy
Approx. date started: Likely March 2014ish

Ashna was once in the Alchemy Guild in Port Silver but left in the middle of lessons. Since has pursued her own way of learning alchemy, but by no means mastered. Some lessons from others here and there and well versed in medicinal makings of balms, at least

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Character name: Lana "Luck" Silveira
Link to profile:
Specialization 1:
Alchemy

Approx. date started: Sometime in June 2020 officially when Lana began learning under Asero Crow, the master alchemist himself. Before that, Lana attempted alchemy as early as April 2020 when I returned to Hollowworld as Lana, though in Roleplay, she kept telling people "she could not get the hang of it." I was given Electric's permission to grandfather Lana as Asero's student after he left. Ever since learning from Asero, Lana has made medical flora books and opened a literal alchemy shop ready for this grandfathering.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Character name: Asero Crow
Link to profile: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/asero-crow-the-dragon-slayer.39152/
Specialization 1: alchemy bb
Approx. date started: little over four years ago. Approx date is likely a month or so before Nov 24 2017
Specialization 2 (if relevant): no
Approx. date started: I said no

edit: also Asero owned two shops to sell potions and taught like 50 people (actually just like 4-6 people) and did a ton of research stuff (I accidentally led to healing and regen potions being nerfed AND glowstone/redstone inclusion being disallowed!)

[ shop ] / [ that time he cured a disease ]

Last edited:

Opal

Lord of Altera
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
opal_frog
opal_frog
Legend
Character name: Luna Crow
Link to profile: ~~~
Specialization 1:
Alchemy
Approx. date started: Relatively recent, 10/13/2021

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
Character name: Branko Callas
Link to profile: [x]

Specialization 2: Alchemy
Approx. date start: Started in March? Continued for round 3 months before stopping lessons

Branko hasn’t been taught thoroughly about Alchemy, but under teaching by Quill he was taught relatively well about herbal medicine along with learning about treatment of more basic injuries such as broken bones.

Last edited:

Adam/Byrne

Adam
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Byrne_Nisovin
Byrne_Nisovin
Legend
Character name: Hellmann
Link to profile: [
X]
Specialization 3?: Alchemy

Approx. date started:
She has been making drugs and the sort for branko for a time, during the life campaign, distilling red moss and the sort and along with that she had recieved a little bit of help from asero with potion making. Most of those potions were used privately but she did brew healing potions. This was probaly around febuary this year? I dont paticularly desire a high rank in it, maybe just to have access to t2 crafting, it isnt her main thing.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Character name: Nwalme
Link to profile: signature
Approx. date started: A few OOC years ago.
Specialization 2 (if relevant): n.a
Approx. date started: n.a

Note on three professions: Carpentry and alchemy have generally been higher priorities to Nwalme than blacksmithing. I don't know if this means reverting to no skill in blacksmithing or the most skill possible before specialization, but either way alchemy+carpentry is the true-to-Nwalme's-history route even if blacksmithing is cooler OOC.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
Character name: Candice Kane
Link to profile: [boom baybee]
Approx. date started: 01/2021, so almost an ooc year now

While her character was created around ISH the time that alchemy was put on pause for the rework, poisons have been essential parts of her characterization for a long while. She started learning properly about poisons from Fi in january of this year, and later expanded her knowledge to salves (particularly prickly ash, since she saw it used to treat wounds and has a bunch of mutuals who get hurt often). She's baked poison pies (these have been used in at least one event, marked here [x] where she threw them into a goddamn ravine but she's made reference to it numerous times.) I'm not sure if this counts as traditional alchemy, but candice's use for this specialization is almost entirely for the use of poisons anyhow

Ruu Darling

ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎
Aware Single
Legend
Retired Staff
RuuDarling
RuuDarling
Single
Character name: Isabell
Link to profile: [ x ]
Approx. date started: It's been a while, but somewhere at the end of 2016/start of 2017. A couple of OOC years. Has been making potions or mixtures for years now as a side hobby/study. Recently she's been mixing contents of plants into her candies or baked goods or drinks or even bitter or sweetened medicines, making some sweets with positive or negative effects. Not a master, but knowledgeable enough to combine ingredients for a creative result.

Last edited:

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Character name: Bok'ra
This is kind of empty]
Approx. date started: Started around December 2019 when being introduced to learning Common, among other topics of academic study in Frostwarts including alchemy and continued throughout 2020 January during the Arachian arcs [Business on Unholy Lands] till the end of May where he pursued the more violent mixtures of alchemy, poisons and acidic variants to be used as bombs to lob at the enemy and to torture victims. Around 6 months. Note Bok'ra already has two specializations and so I'm more leaning towards him receiving what xp he can with this and would like to replace [Siege-Engineering] with this.

Last edited:

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Character name: Milah Sicarus-Freyr
Link to profile: Here (character made late 2015, profile made in March 2016)
Specialization2
: Alchemy
Approx. date started: It was in 2016, I believe in March. It was prior to the entire "can no longer stray too far outside the North" Undead Invasion.
She learned from several sources; Thiil classes at the time, some other classes taught by alchemists around the map back in the day, discussions with other alchemists and then experimentation.
Eventually, the only potions she had yet to master were Slow Falling and Dragon's Breath, before she eventually figured Dragon's Breath out after hints were provided.
Mid 2019 she stopped using Regeneration and Healing potions because she deemed Formistry better and safer, but she brought some potions to Nid Arach when she went there actively.

Juvix_

Lord of Altera
Legend
Juvix_
Juvix_
Legend
Character name: Quill Emiryn
Link to profile: [x]
Specialization 2: Alchemy
Approx. date started: Quill began studying medicine from Eastoft back in November 2019. From there she moved onto co-running the hospital in Blackrush, and in 2020 June (or July?) she moved to Astrum to run the hospital there. Somewhere in late 2020 she switched to Mockingbay and has continued leading its hospital since. She has a little under 2 OOC years of medical experience, and has made many healing salves and ointments.

She has much knowledge on the plants of Altera both due to her Formistry knack (sparked April 2020 into Herba, the plant life branch) as well as general studying, research and tests through Formistry, but she isn't a master.

Last edited:

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
Character name: Bliss Bluestone
Link to profile: Bliss
Approx. date started: Trying to fully remember start dates, but if I recall, her brief period of time as a student to Athryl, and the lessons on basics she attended that were hosted by Silverhand were prior to her becoming a mage. The latter of these happened late 2017, etc. Most of her experience afterwards came from experimenting and self-study through books and texts on her own. Due to her high culinary skills she did this as a side-objective to expand on her cooking through Alchemy, while at the same time trying to apply her mindset and experience of her skillset on figuring out how to make concoctions with the latter. She never went quite far enough to be any sort of artisan or master in it before, especially after the capabilities of Alchemy got reduced in effect, so overall I'd judge her to be likely somewhere in the late journeyman stage perhaps early on in the steps of an expert at most.
On the flip side, she's an avid collector of plants and herbs amongst other resources in the wild, and her cooking knowledge comes with neccesary expertise in herbology.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Character name: Braes Redwood.
Link to profile: Here.
Specialization: Alchemy.
Approx. date started: 2018ish.

This is presuming that healing/herbal/medicinal knowledge are a part of alchemy--if not, can be ignored.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
*If you already have two specializations selected and a new spec is released that aligns with your character that would have experience, please give an extra note of which spec you want to replace.
Adding a note for those with 2 full specs

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Character name: Daeron Eldrin
Link]