Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Crafting Plugin Feedback + FAQ Thread

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
srry about typo. ya, 1 maple stave to 3 hilts or pendants. other day i think it had it making 3 of anything the stave could make, but today it was only the hilts and pendant

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
There a way to smelt bronze? its a novice mat but it doesn't seem to want to smelt. What about bows? perhaps i might have missed it by looking while on cooldown, idk. Made a bow string and have had maple staves, am I just missing something?

On mats, will a lorepage eventually be put up for them?

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
There a way to smelt bronze? its a novice mat but it doesn't seem to want to smelt. What about bows? perhaps i might have missed it by looking while on cooldown, idk. Made a bow string and have had maple staves, am I just missing something?

On mats, will a lorepage eventually be put up for them?
Lore for materials will all be posted, yeah. Bronze should be an apprentice material, my mistake if it's otherwise in the tier list. The first bow you can make is at journeyman, but it seems reasonable to bump that down a bit if you just want to make a basic survival bow.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Though it may be a bit too early for this.. for future reference:

I suggest a sort of Apprentice/mentor mechanic where someone higher in a certain branch of crafting can opt to take one apprentice. The apprentice, who is lower than their mentor, will receive an x amount of bonus xp per completed item. The mentor, on the other hand, could receive a cooldown reduction with the apprentice who helps them in their daily crafting.

I think this way, the crafting would promote rp in a certain way, while otherwise It's a cool idea, right?

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I suggest a sort of Apprentice/mentor mechanic where someone higher in a certain branch of crafting can opt to take one apprentice. The apprentice, who is lower than their mentor, will receive an x amount of bonus xp per completed item. The mentor, on the other hand, could receive a cooldown reduction with the apprentice who helps them in their daily crafting.
planned from the start in almost the exact way you articulated!

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
thank you so much for adding the ability to see the progress in crafting exp!

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
Do different items give varying levels of XP when crafting? Say for example, a small Copper blade vs. a small Iron blade? What about Iron vs. Glimmersteel?

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Do different items give varying levels of XP when crafting? Say for example, a small Copper blade vs. a small Iron blade? What about Iron vs. Glimmersteel?
The experience gain is proportional to the material rarity, yeah. It's a straight multiplication, so a steel (Journeyman material) will give three times as much experience as iron (Novice material). The level requirements/expected timelines are based off of crafting with the best available material, so your best bet is to make things of as high a quality as possible if you're looking to rank up quickly.

Also, brief changelog:

Harvesting:
-Nodes should return revert to terrain after being harvested, with ores replaced by the type of nearby stone
-Nodes should now generate with the correct ores for rare metals, it was defaulting to iron
-Resource lore now automatically resizes to not exceed 40 characters per line

Crafting:
-Items can now only be named+lored by the account that crafted them, to prevent people from selling the generic ones for people to rename themselves.
-Items with strange formatting (italics in name) should fix whenever a crafting menu is opened. This should also resize the lore text, so unstackable items from different beta versions should be made uniform.
-Recipes now correctly check to see if an ingredient is from a specialization, not just if the recipe itself is
-/crafting stats now shows progress to next level

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Are there plans to add Arrows to the crafting system?
I imagine it would allow for overlap between the crafting skills. But I've only just started to take a look at this.

Something like
Ore-> Arrowheads
Wood-> shaft

Add fletching to boywer and you could add in certain arrow types.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Suggestion- If possible make exhausted nodes display a different color
A different suggestion- Make the exhausted node text in the chat box Red to indicate it is spent at a glance

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
I'm not quite sure if there is an option for this since I'm not that far ahead, but if there isn't -- I'd love to see options for making corsets with this plugin! I'd be happy to talk about different kinds or just talk about a more common one--

(i like corsets)

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
My smithing stats seems permanently stuck at 96, and many of the items I produce seem to have different flavor text, meaning they won't stack. Is this intentional? Are they of differing quality or something? I also am unable to make use of a lot of my materials after I craft something new.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
stacking problems may be due to the change of line text so that it formats easier to read and words won't go off screen. Not sure if this is your problem blorb, but exp only goes up when crafting items with cooldowns, [example being said item takes 24, 48, 72 hours for cooldown]. During cooldown, all crafting that has cooldowns will not show up on crafting table. hope this helps.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
stacking problems may be due to the change of line text so that it formats easier to read and words won't go off screen. Not sure if this is your problem blorb, but exp only goes up when crafting items with cooldowns, [example being said item takes 24, 48, 72 hours for cooldown]. During cooldown, all crafting that has cooldowns will not show up on crafting table. hope this helps.
It does help, thanks!

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Can confirm. Using the carving skill to create a wooden buckler gives you smithing exp instead of carving exp.