Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Crooner

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
1632611188079.png
[ ART CREDIT ]
1603294233713.png

- CROONER -

"Many men have jumped overboard hearing sweet songs at sea.."
-=[]=-
[ Free to be used in Events ]

H A B I T A T
These creatures live the majority of their life in mild temperatures of salt water, often sleeping in seaweed beds, and hunting nearby. Some reasons for leaving the safety of their waterbeds would be the following- to seek resources, better food, or a new home. They live in packs of threes or fours, hunting, eating and overall protecting each other. Some groups prefer living in underbed caves, making nests in shallow water.​

P H Y S I O L O G Y
Beneath the shallow caves and waters of misty lakes, isles and swamps, a pack of small creatures lay in wait. The Crooner’s beady black and yellowed eyes pierce through the water’s murky state to watch for bodies traversing dock sides or rocks. It is hairless, its layer of skin similar to that of frogs- oozing slime of green, blue and yellow. Its hands and feet are webbed to swim through water easier and gills run across the sides of their jaws. They have a ribboned fin crossing the back of their head to the end of their small tails. Their torso gleam scales, the color of the seas. They have small arms with craggy nails, bulging eyes on the front and erie smiling mouth with two rows of teeth inside. Two holes poke in between to signify a nose. When in visible light, an adult stands about 3ft, scrawny and crouched over.​
Diet: The diet of the Crooner are things they can eat with their two hands. Often ravenous, they feed on seafoods, including crab meat, fish, snails and clams. When it comes to other forms of food- they can last on seaweed for short periods of time. They hunt for survival, often luring their meals into traps with seaweed farms and the melody of their voices.​
Lifespan: These are short lived creatures- often mating in pairs and protecting their nest of eggs. They remain in packs, though individuals may live up to 5 years or so before dying.​

B E H A V I O U R
The Crooner enjoys the hunt of scavenging. Packs traverse shipwrecks, dock lands, and piers for their meals and resources they can hoard. Anything shiny or small enough to carry is pilfered one at a time and moved into their cavern lairs. There’s a strange joy they get from picking up objects and keeping them, greedily. They sacrifice their safety for a bit of risk to steal things from civilized lands. Their nests and liars are usually littered with objects and broken treasures.

This creature has a unique ability compared to their normally froggy counterparts. When underwater, the Crooner is able to sing a sweet melody that reverberates through the water to anyone listening for it. It’s come to be known as a lure to distract beings larger than them- so as to avoid interacting with. The Crooner is not known to be directly confrontational unless they feel cornered, threatened or feel they can overcome whatever or whomever stands in their way.

A B I L I T I E S
[Bite / Claw Attack]​
[Lure] Sweet melody emits into the water around them. Those in range can hear it and are often compelled to stop in place to listen if unprovoked​

W E A K N E S S E S
Maybe theres some other details about it like it hating fire or ETC​

Y I E L D S
[Bone]​

Original Writeup: Solus

Last edited:

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
C r o o n e r