Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Cults - FAQ

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff

1623020300800.png

CULTS
Frequently Asked Questions
--=][=--

Cults have undergone a rework, and are now a different, more defined process.

1623020300800.png

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
The Mantle of Decay, Held by Skraag.
Cult members are immune to infection, seeming a little thin.
Seeing as the original passive of mantle of decay was the rapid aging of an individual. What happens to Branko and Karn now that this is amended? Do they rapidly return to normal or can they remain as is with a sort of special exception such as a boon to show veteran status?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Seeing as the original passive of mantle of decay was the rapid aging of an individual. What happens to Branko and Karn now that this is amended? Do they rapidly return to normal or can they remain as is with a sort of special exception?
I'd say you can either stay older or return to the age they should be, maybe a white steak or something, I leave that to you

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Are cults being grandfathered into the new system, or is everyone starting in the same place?

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
I'd say you can either stay older or return to the age they should be, maybe a white steak or something, I leave that to you
Would the the quirk of them moving and having the strength of their younger selves remain in that case?

The_VALKYRIE

Lord of Altera
Legend
The_VALKYRIE
The_VALKYRIE
Legend
what would a cult do, if their mantle was stolen and they have none under the new system

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
what would a cult do, if their mantle was stolen and they have none under the new system
I assume they try to get it back if they wish to, or seek something else. As per the old system, my understanding is that gods without mantles do not have a mantle passive.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Looking at the Cults page, there are five mantles listed, each held by a separate god. Are these the only mantles in existence or are there more? Does each god have a mantle or just the ones that are listed? I know every god has certain domains, but maybe mantles ≠ domains… forgive my lack of divine knowledge.

GhostKairo

sparkles emoji
Pronouns
He/Him
Tidepod__
Tidepod__
Hero
Looking at the Cults page, there are five mantles listed, each held by a separate god. Are these the only mantles in existence or are there more? Does each god have a mantle or just the ones that are listed? I know every god has certain domains, but maybe mantles ≠ domains… forgive my lack of divine knowledge.
There are more. Some exist 'for the taking', in the sense that they can be aspired for by a cult, i.e. the Sea mantle. Others you have to contact us to describe your objective, so something can be written up for the cult to work towards.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Are cults being grandfathered into the new system, or is everyone starting in the same place?
Everyone starts in the same place. If you've got 5+ people then you can go into rank two as it says, I dont need to grandfather.

Would the the quirk of them moving and having the strength of their younger selves remain in that case?
No, it gets complicated. Just keep something like white hair if you want to, or make it so they've aged a bit.

Can a cult possibly be duo Divine/Entity if it made sense?
I cannot think of any scenario where that would go well with a God, so likely not.

Some Cults do not have Mantles alreadt, so they would probably be like those.

There is the potential for high tier Cults to try and get a Mantle, such as 'Ocean' for Visage, depends heavily on what they want to aspire for.
(Ghost sniped me.)

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
There is the potential for high tier Cults to try and get a Mantle, such as 'Ocean' for Visage, depends heavily on what they want to aspire for.
(Ghost sniped me.)
What mantles are up for grabs, is that just something a Cult would make a ticket/RP about to find out?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
What mantles are up for grabs, is that just something a Cult would make a ticket/RP about to find out?
Yes. Maybe eventually I'll put others up there to see but they're big moves with a fair bit of work so it isn't my priority yet.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Everyone starts in the same place. If you've got 5+ people then you can go into rank two as it says, I dont need to grandfather.
What if you have 10+ people at this moment already?

Tyinyk

Lord of Altera
What if you're a cult to a non-God and get to rank 3? Can you claim a mantle for the object of your worship? Would doing so legitimize it?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
What if you're a cult to a non-God and get to rank 3? Can you claim a mantle for the object of your worship? Would doing so legitimize it?
That depends entirely on what your Cult is worshipping, but I will state it's likely much, much harder to get Mantles and things for something not a God. Gods are very strong, elementals or figments don't compete well.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Cults based around non divine entities can submit a ticket to see if they can apply for something like the minor trinkets, but do not get a Grace.
Would there be any chance of getting a graces for heretical cults in the future if said god was powerful enough/Ascended to the pantheon proper?

I am a fan of cosmetic fluff

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Would there be any chance of getting a graces for heretical cults in the future if said god was powerful enough/Ascended to the pantheon proper?

I am a fan of cosmetic fluff
Really hard to answer that, it's likely something that I'll have to address if and when such a thing happens.