Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Culture] The Norvägen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
*Applauds.* I love it! Makes me want to play Skyrim... Wonderful wonderful writing, Faelin.
Lovely format too :D Will there be a question thread somewhere? (Players can't post in this section, to my knowledge.)

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
*Applauds.* I love it! Makes me want to play Skyrim... Wonderful wonderful writing, Faelin.
Lovely format too :D Will there be a question thread somewhere? (Players can't post in this section, to my knowledge.)
Updated original post with a link! :D

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Mushu.gif

Ahem, it's this-is-important-look-at-the-official-looking-black-text-that-matches-the-shiny-lore-format-time!

What we have right here, ladies and gents, is a tremendous, voluptuous, bumpity bump due to sudden relevance of the philosophy section given present events involving Gods shenanigans. Nothing has been added, though I would greatly encourage brief re-reads for all you Norvägen butts, plus anyone remotely related/to do with the people there.

So - recent events, hmm?

Ohhhh, my.

Neutral, create-y forces going ballistic? What is this, sorcery? (Conveniently placed comma, anyway-)

Fortunately, some nebulous conclusions are being formed by our precious north-folk, who feel that the initial corruption among mortals has reached such a point as to be able to poison the will of Gods, be it by their choosing or against it. The Norvägen have never worshipped the Gods, because they always believed that despite whatever power or specific field assigned/attributed to them by the southern churches, they would, as a whole, remain in balance - some inclined to good and others to ill.

While the Pantheonic (is that a word? I hope it's a word, it's nice) traditions are rather akin to Roman custom - almost paying for boons with belief, sacrifice, gifts, worship, yadayada, the Norvägen take a more individualist approach. "Please guide me towards the right decision.", yes - but ultimately decisions are their own. Ergo, anyone seeking intervention from them over the traditional ask for simple guidance would be considered... odd. Not to mention utterly, y'know, flouting the belief system.

As for the... how to phrase, "possession" side of the corrupting force, it would most likely be attributed, like moral evils, to the individual's spirit - specifically, it being manipulated. If an individual passes away while in this state, they do not believe their spirit will be able to ascend to Vallaryn.

Aaaand I think that's all for now, folks. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Lalalaa, going be combing through and polishing sentence structures.

Full stops for the full stop god!

Fitz

Back with a platter of heart leaches...
Retired Staff
love love love LOVE! can I use this in my story pretty pretty please!

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
This has been a long time coming- The Culture of Norvägen have been moved to the "Legacy" archives.

OOCly: The Lore writer has been absent for a year from the server without naming a heir. A few have reached out, but our stance had been players were free to branch out from this culture, but not copy/paste it to make it their own. We continue to allow players this option. Those who have approved Norvägen can continue playing them. Additional characters or offsprings won't be considered official Faelin Norvägen. Players are free to branch out from this culture to make their own, much like how cultures form from others. (It's also hard to shelf such a well written culture, though this isn't the only option we had)

RP: There are still lack of reports on Jarl Freya's whereabouts. With no established land in the Eastern Continent for the Norvägen, the people who have reached land have drifted here and there. Perhaps some may decide to bring their people together?

Status
Not open for further replies.