Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Current] House of Varyn

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil

First Risen, Last Fallen

Current Lord:
Syr II, Lord of Oren and wielder of Dawnbreak
Heir:
Gelyk II until such a time Syr has a son

Family:
Josephine
Ylva
James, Lord of Varynhall to the South, cousin to the main branch

Freemen/Minor Nobility:
Oliver Northstead
Rian, a natural born cousin to the main branch of Varyn
Eltsir Alcantra
Jaden Seeker/Whoever CloakedReaper ends up using
Clover
Sir Orvar Walanescu
Sir Gael Dugald

Wards:
Francis de Courtnay

Last edited:

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
"The family of Varyn has survived throughout three exoduses, outlasting the eldest of all houses but the western Hawk, in the frozen wastes of the North. The first Lord of Varyn, mine own father Gelyk I, was first born in the year 193. He bred the house from duty, and honour came in tandem with family. There was nothing of higher priority than blood and kinship. Courage and resilience was not only expected in the face of hardship, it was inherent - often times with a blade in hand and those of your love in the other. He bestowed those values on me, and I bestowed them upon my brothers and children. They called him the Old Bear, and soon the Godslayer. He slew the corrupt Harateth with a blade forged by the will of Rahas, piercing the heart of the sun. Like all men, he fell. But House Varyn did not. It rose again under my Lordship. I kept the peace and our independence, but eventually I met a blow I could not counter: I grew old. The time of Lord Syr was done, and as my son had left to pursue adventure, it came down to the eldest of my younger brothers Godric to rule. He bent his knee to a southern king. A kaiser, now, I hear. An action I would not have done myself - yet he did so for the family, and I chose to trust his judgement without quarrel. Time passed and Godric has gone missing. My youngest brother Jeor, a great warrior never bred for the weight of the crown, had to step into rule at a young age. I have never felt my chest swell with such pride. He lived and died an honourable man I could only have dreamed of him becoming, once. Now Godric's sons have taken his place in our family, both as young as they are. Whether they are ready is meaningless, for we've words in Varyn:

And we are yet to be the last standing."

- Syr I, musing to his travelling companions in his aging years on his way to Oren to be buried in the crypts.