Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Dios de los muertos

The Cartoon Witch

Lord of Altera
dios-de-los-muertos-day-of-the-dead-sugar-skull-fiesta-prints.jpg

"Celebramos a nuestros seres queridos. Honre a nuestros antepasados y alabe a los espíritus de buena voluntad y a la Dama Gris."

Ghostmoon is here and the citizens of Linistel wish for all to join us in this cultural event called:

perfume-clipart-watercolor-9.png
b070fe7a6457037c543e98cc8ef676f2.png

Dios de Muertos is a cultural event in Linistel where the citizens cast remembrance of friends and family members who have died in a 2 day festival!

fbee021230aae39d0eb95ddf6df8d4b1.png
During this day, Linistel will host a full day of festivities, games and more. The list will go as followed:

Face painting: Illyrana Silveira will be running a stall where she will paint faces onto those who are interested. Explains of face painting:
sugar-skull-makeup.jpg57a1dd0ff6d446c88985b1edae76db85--sugar-skull-makeup-sugar-skulls.jpg

(Exception of the web. I'm not putting Jishrms crap on peoples faces. xD)

Strength check: Think you're strong? Then go to Eren Abel's stall and test your strength. Pay some 20 rads and give it a swing. Win a token that you can use to get a prize in the end!

Wendigo hunting: Take a Toy Bow and shoot away at the evil spirits. Cast them down so that they may rest in peace finally. Pay Marceau 10 rads and give it a go! Win a token for a prize.

Pass the Goal: Let's see if you are able to get past a citizen in the most beloved game of Linistel. Pay the man 10 rads (Give to Yuki or Sugar) and kick the ball into the goal while someone defends! Rules of the game:
Rolling for athletic ability:

1-5: The goalie catches it.
6-10: He swats it away.
11-15: He barely stops it in time, almost getting in it.

15-20: You shoot it past him with ease. Emote how you would style it.

You will be given three tries. Fail all three and you'll have to pay again.
Stall Renting: Other players will be allowed to rent a stall to sell their wares during this day. There will only be 4
Stall 1: Asero: Potions and Tattoos
Stall 2: Florance: Flowers
Stall 3: Nyla: Jewelry
Stall 4:

Collect a prize: At the end of the games, come find Illyrana to collect a prize of your choosing.

Fireworks: Join Sugar Silveira in the last event of the night. A fireworks show that shall light up the night sky!

2014a1b03e6f399cc1d52e5eaa37d01c.png
On this day, Illyrana will take stage in the Plaza and speak a prayer to all those around. During this day it is encouraged to bring something that best represented the one they wish to pay respects to as an offering. If you have nothing, you will be given a candy skull. Afterwards, everyone is given food made from the Citizens of Linistel, Sugar Silveira and Illyrana Silevira.

I hope you can make it! We await your arrival!

What: A festival.
When: October 17th & 18th. 3pm Est.
Where: The Linistel Plaza.
Permission: Ruu is the one who wanted me to do this. xD
Ruu Darling DraKonum Morbid Sophe

Last edited:

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Sounds quite fun! I'll take up a stall to do tattoos and possibly sell potions

Chiarophinx

Lord of Altera
Legend
(Exception of the web. I'm not putting Jishrms crap on peoples faces. xD)
If you flinch, the terrorists win. ;)

Also: Is this... okay? Aori is already insanely Spanish/Mexican adjacent and this is just a 1:1. Maybe I'm in the minority here when I'm not the biggest fan of importing to such a degree.

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
Also: Is this... okay? Aori is already insanely Spanish/Mexican adjacent and this is just a 1:1. Maybe I'm in the minority here when I'm not the biggest fan of importing to such a degree.
Gotta agree, rebranding Spanish as Aori already made me uncomfortable in the first place, but now we are bordering on appropriation. It's cool to enjoy other cultures but can we make this a little bit more than "it's just Mexico"

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
Guys guys guys, stop trying to get in the way of my creation of the second exodus completely localized in Linistal

The Cartoon Witch

Lord of Altera
Gotta agree, rebranding Spanish as Aori already made me uncomfortable in the first place, but now we are bordering on appropriation. It's cool to enjoy other cultures but can we make this a little bit more than "it's just Mexico"

If there are any issues, message me in DMs on discord. Do not bring it to this thread please and thank you. :)

Ruu Darling

ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎
Aware Single
Legend
Retired Staff
RuuDarling
RuuDarling
Single

This is acknowledged. And yes, lore is aware, but the culture is still approved. I've also let lore know that I will be making changes to the culture in the future. Please do not turn this festival thread into a critique suggestion, it ruins it for everyone that actually find it fun.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Eeee, Lana's favourite place is having a festival?! :D
Usually she runs a stall for her books, but she'll join in this time :heart: Especially because of a certain someone~

Ruu Darling

ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎
Aware Single
Legend
Retired Staff
RuuDarling
RuuDarling
Single
Color Wars
This game is set in the higher levels of the city and bath house. You are all against each other. The person with the least amount of colour on them wins, if you are hit three times, you're out. You can only take ONE stack of dustballs from the crates around the city until you run out. Good luck!
Throwing:
Roll 1d20 1-5; A complete miss. 6-15; Just barely grazes them, still a hit but the enemy has a chance to roll for a dodge. 16-20; Bullseye, your shot hits the enemy torso up. A 19 or 20 is a headshot. But the enemy still has a chance to roll.
Dodging:
Roll 1d20 1-10; A hit, one life is taken from you. 11-15; You just barely dodge it but safe. 15-20; A complete dodge.
Note:
If an enemy hits your blind spot, you lose one life by default. So you better pay attention to your surroundings. Once you're out, you forfeit all loot you have gathered and it belongs to the enemy team. A bit like kill and loot the body type of thing. Make sure to hold your hand up to indicate you are out.

Ruu Darling

ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎
Aware Single
Legend
Retired Staff
RuuDarling
RuuDarling
Single
{!}
The following morning after the festivities, belongings are carted indoors and people are seen cleaning the streets and springs of the upper city as best they can for the second day. Different types and sizes of jars, whether of glass, clay, porcelain, wooden, or whatever material a typical rain jar would be made of, placed outdoors of every home and building.
Solus The Cartoon Witch

The Cartoon Witch

Lord of Altera
In 1 hour and 12 minutes. This part will be a Sermon and food.

[!]
The people wpuld have been told to bring an offering to give to the alter that represents their loved one.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
[!] Linistel is known for its bright blue and clear skies.. but before this morning begins, grey clouds encroach into a bundle above. Rainwater begins to drizzle into the warm town. The brightest colors are awash for a span of an hour. The prior day's remaining colordust flow down the paths. The market stall's cloth roofs now damp and carry a dull hue. Most of all, the citizen's colorful rain jugs and pots of all sizes, are soon to be filled with fresh rainwater.

Before the second half of the festivities begin, the sun now crests above to clear the grey clouds. The air smells of new rain, heating amidst the pavements and houses. Linistel's familiar weather and bright colors are soon to return, refreshed and with a more solemn tone.

( {Ambience for the hour before the festival} The skies will be clear when it starts!)