Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

DizPanda's Application [approved - Bartooliinii ]

DizPanda

Official Alteran
Patron
DizPanda
DizPanda
Patron
The Whitelist Application Form:

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

DizPanda

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming- Taking OOC information into IC when your character should not know that information. Doing this tends to benefit your character or the situation at hand which is a big no-no. Example: Tessa told me OOCly that if I search in the western part of the map at * and * that I can find a rare item worth a lot of gold! So I went their ICly to take what I can get.

Powergaming - Also known as God-Modding when a player forces action on other players or themselves and or becomes god-like. Example: Striding in rather confidently, the rather fairly built man flexed his muscles as he entered the arena. He flexed so hard that his opponent didn't have enough time to react and died due to the man's glorious strength. The end.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No. It is prohibited.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
ToastySpam

8. Tell us about yourself!
I am known as Panda or Diz or DizPanda. I am twenty-seven and a Sagittarius. I work a few months in the year as a federal employee that helps with disasters by giving individual people assistance in their most time of need! I am happily married for four years and I enjoy art, music, writing, and reading. Some would consider me as an introvert at first, but I tend to fit in and try to be friendly with most if not all people. My number one weakness is video games along with comics, and I have family all around the world. I have only been to a few states in America (Alabama, Texas, California, Arizona, Nevada, Oklahoma, and Maryland) and visited Germany back in 2008. I am searching for a friendly RP community to join and hope that this is the right fit for me!

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Eh...I am not that good.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Minecraft-mp.com is where I found you guys.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server. We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Raeyna

Character Age:

Character Race:
Silver Elf

Appearance:
Raeyna stands at five-foot-eight with lush wavy blonde hair that is usually kept up into a bun and hidden under her hood. She has a soft heart-shaped face holds a clear pale complexion along with soft silver eyes. Her thin figure hidden in layers of robes that flow down elegantly to the ground. Usually wearing off-whites with soft blues and greys, sometimes purples and other muted colors to go along with it.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Here

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

The sour metallic taste rose in the back of her throat as her cold steel eyes met his. She wanted to stand up and scream at him until her throat went raw, but instead, she closed her eyes slowly and tried to silence the protest that haunted her mind. The elder who sat across from her perked a brow with a coy smile etched across his face. He knew what he had said had pushed a button or two and what he had said was nothing but the truth. She has a problem!

His gaze loomed about the room as he stood up. A plethora of scrolls and books littered the place along with notes and the heavy smell of ink lingered in the air. A look of disappointment flashed across his visage before looking back at her and straightening out his robes. There was no further point of speaking to her. She knew that change is in need to break her out of her self-destructive shell.

Raeyne looked up at the elder, her lips pursed as shame and embarrassment dusted a light reddish hue on her cheeks and the tips of her ears. “You are right,” she softly spoke. “If anything I have been a burden to you. I need to take control of my life.” Surprised, he looked at her in silence before nodding and heading out of the door without another word.

The thought of going outside and into the city made her skin crawl, her ears flicked and she tutted in frustration. Deep down inside, she knew that she had lost control over herself. Coming to an age where she should take responsibility for her actions and self-care, she knew she had failed so far. Her hair was a mess of curls that matted in some parts with grease, not to mention her skin was slick with built-up sweat mixed with ink creating gunk. It was rather a sad excuse for a Silver Elf like her to be in this kind of state.

Gathering herself up from the couch, she shuffled over to a washbowl and began to scrub. Relief and a sense of clarity filled her with a bit of confidence, though the thought of what she said to him about being a burden started to plague her mind. How easily he had just accepted it as it was the truth stung her heart. Gathering the bowl, she opened the door and threw the water out to the side of her small cottage. Growing tired of the self-pity and sadness she made up her mind to face her fears, to take care of herself, and find stability in her life. With a new turn of a chapter in her life, Raeyna took what she could and headed outside.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Hey Panda! I really like the way you write. It's very descriptive, but it's done well too. Others often get the pitfall to overdo it with extra beautifying words, but you use exactly what you need to make it stand out. Really well done, especially this bit:
her lips pursed as shame and embarrassment dusted a light reddish hue on her cheeks and the tips of her ears.
I do not see any reason why I shouldn't Whitelist you straight away!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.