Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Doggett For Council (Dogs Eat Rats)

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
***​

Copies of the following are made onto scrolls, posted and plastered around the Landing. Some are hard to read due to the length of the text, but a clean copy is available at City Hall. The bold capital lettering across the top reads DOGGETT FOR COUNCIL while the smaller text reads as follows:

"
Citizens of Storm's Landing,​
I may have notoriety for being raucous and crass in my address, but I make no apologies. My objections to what I see come as a natural response; our city has long been plagued by a disgusting over tolerance for delinquent criminal behavior, regularly refusing to acknowledge what our eyes and hearts know to be true. There is fear in this city, on ready display, in our taverns and cobblers and beneath the city lamplights at night.​
Defiantly, we have made strong progress in creating a more powerful and independent city. We have empowered the Guard, working with their leadership to make the changes they need to keep us all safe. We've assisted in financing, increasing their budget while I myself waved my entire salary and made a personal donation of 30,000r. We've also cleaned up the form of the council considerably, seeing the exit of some international foreign dignitaries from our home seats of power. Likewise, with the help of the Council, I introduced successful legislation which creates a method to remove corrupt politicians and other elected leaders from their posts.​
In my second term with City Council, I will continue to call out obvious villainy and corruption whenever and wherever I see it.
I also will work to ban masks from public spaces—they are a tool of the wicked to obfuscate their identity from the law, a foresight for violent deeds which are committed with easy minds, wrought with righteous zeal.​
Despite the jeering from Silver Hand Sicarus, there is as a point of fact, ongoing efforts between myself and other members of City Council to bring education to its citizens. The Aorian dignitary may have you believe that our effort is nothing more than an attractive campaigning invention, but the honest truth is that Silver Hand Sicarus is just enjoying a good swing at myself and other loyal servants of Storm's Landing. To her credit, Milah Sicarus spends a surprisingly healthy amount of time in our city, though she still communes with her foreign Queen by way of a magic mirror. Her allegiance to the Aor is still striking however; when it came to the trial of murderous kidnappers Branko Callas and Rolland Schiff, the Councilwoman transformed into the Queen's Right Hand to vie for their extradition instead of an execution at the hands of the city.​
Still, when Sicarus acts as a Councilwoman, she is a force to be reckoned with. The danger this city faces in its leaders comes from those wolves in sheep's clothing, those masked zealots, those lazy and thoughtless jokesters—some of the individuals running this election should shock you, more so than you've ever been shocked by the boldness of villainy before.​
Know in your hearts and minds which of us really have your back.​
Dogs Eat Rats, Vote Lewis Doggett for Storm's Landing City Council
Any which may have questions for the candidate are invited to his office at City Hall—no appointment necessary. The candidate will also buy you a drink of your choice at your preferred tavern, before talking with you about whatever the hell you feel like—appointment necessary.
"

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Any which may have questions for the candidate are invited to his office at City Hall—no appointment necessary. The candidate will also buy you a drink of your choice at your preferred tavern, before talking with you about whatever the hell you feel like—appointment necessary.
Message me on Discord if you desire this kind of RP. I also welcome assassination attempts if you clue me in before it happens.