Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

DolphofGreen's Application [Accepted - Shao]

DolphofGreen

Villager
The Whitelist Application Form:

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

DolphofGreen

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the when a player in a roleplay acts with knowledge they otherwise would have no information to.

Powergaming is similar, but usually involves a player trying to avoid showing weakness in a character.
Example:
Player 1: Shoots arrow at player 2
Arrow would have definitely hit

Player 2: (Powergaming) Arrow misses Har Har! You missed. Punches person through their skull despite being fifteen feet away

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Bartooliinii

8. Tell us about yourself!
I've been away from Minecraft for a while now, but coming back to it has been quite a stress reliever. I am in track, cross country, as well as theatre, and I'd like to spend this summer doing what I loved doing so many years ago. I love astronomy and most things related to space. I also enjoy reading and hope to write a few books one day, but my main goal is to become an astronomer.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I enjoy reading and writing quite alot, and I've picked up a new approach when it comes to roleplaying and creating a narrative. I used to roleplay many years ago on a Minecraft server, but I quit because I felt the story had gone completely off the walls.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Going off of my last answer, I wanted to find a something that was bit more grounded in a narrative aspect. Coming back to Minecraft, I had been playing tons of Crusader Kings 2, and looked up the tag, "medieval" on a server list. I decided to check this one out.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Delph Osgorath

Character Age:
Early to mid 20's
Probably going to stick with, Twenty-five to begin with.

Character Race:
Human: Sangrian

Appearance:
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Light blue
Skin: Pale
Hotel: Trivago
Clothes: A dark orange dress hung over a white blouse, with a blue apron.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Seven Years Ago. . .

The search began the day before, almost, if not immediately when the courtier arrived. I was dining with my family, if I dared to call him that at that point. My father, the ruler of a small dukedom in the north, was holding a grand feast, no doubt to catch suitors for his only heir. Though he called the feast a celebration for my name, he could not have been acting any warmer than the chilled wind outside the keep. I remember wishing I had died during child birth that day, along with my mother and brother, the latter of which would have been standing in my place today. My father was never devastated by the death of his wife, all he saw was his bloodline slipping away. His only child, a girl. He didn't even have the decency to name me after my mother.

The feast should have been in full swing by the time the full moon rose, but the deer my father sent his courtier to hunt had not arrived. Instead, noblemen and women stood around, still sober, and becoming increasing annoyed. Along with them, my father began to stretch his wrists and arms, a tick he exhibited when he became nervous or flustered. How joyful it was to see him sweat under the pressures of noble scrutiny! I wish it could had all ended in disaster for him. Perhaps it did. I guess I'll never know. For just as his choice of a suitor began to leave in frustration, one of the courtiers from the hunting party burst into the hall, collapsing onto the wooden floor with a thud. I admit, we all watched and chuckled slightly as this man clumsily drove himself off the ground and bowed before my father. At that moment I noticed both the courtier and my father were horribly red in the face, the former no doubt from exhaustion, but my father. . . my father looked as though he was about to organize a hanging. But then we heard the courtier speak,

"Sire! Sire!" He gasped for air helplessly, "A beast- in the woods! It took- it took both of them! It killed Rolf and Sidgir!"
I'll never forget that look on my father's face. Because it worried me. He was cruel, he was uncouth, and he was often times incoherent with anxiety, but he was never fearful. So why did at that moment did the rage leave his face and in its place did rise fear? And why did he then look at me, tears forming in his eyes? In that moment, I saw more empathy from him than I had in my life, it scared me. And then he said to me,
"Gather my personal guard."
I nodded, frightened. For I was part of his personal guard.
In less than thirty minutes, we were leaving the keep, fifteen of us marching through the city as heavy snowfall blanketed the roads. In less than 15 minutes, we were out of the city, flying our torches in the woods, the cold searing through our bodies. My father was next to me, holding the shoulder plate of my armor.
"Stay close to me," he whispered. With those words, terror crept on to me like a vine growing on a fence. What was happening?

And that's when it happened. We heard a terrible scream, a long and drawn out wail of a man piercing through the rustling trees and roaring wind. And it sounded far, far too close for any conceivable comfort. Captain Alvid of the Guard drew his sword and stomped forward. I could seem him pear through the thin woodline searching for someone. Then my father jerked. He forced his hand of my shoulder down and I fell with it. I saw him jolt forward. He shouted,
"Get away from there!"
Alvid turned to face my father. But then he had no face to face him with. A massive claw swung from the night and from behind, ripped the skin from the Captain's face. I stumbled back up awkwardly, and then was knocked down again when the Captain's severed arm flew into my chestplate. Though I couldn't see, I heard swords drawn, shouts from my father, and terrible, terrible screaming. It wasn't from the guard. It was the scream we had heard moments before except, animalistic, completely primal. I sat up the best I could in my armor and saw it.

It stood seven feet tall, its arms stretched out wide and over head as the moonlight cast a weave of branches and the silhouette of twisted antlers across its deformed face. Its hands were as large a dining plates and its fingers sprung out like knives. It was human, but not. It was beautiful, but a nightmare. It open its mouth and let out retching screech that made my brain pound and my eyes water. With the breath stolen from my lungs, I could scarcely whisper,

"Wendigo."

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, the realm tangled with the Behemoth Qlippoth, awakened by monsoon rains and with which came the Ashen Blight plague and eldritch abominations. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through its tenacity and reverence. The memories of the trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the heavens fall and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

Last edited:

Shao

Bring back angry react
Thank you for applying to our server! There's just one thing for you to address before I can accept your application.
  • We do not allow players to have infamous relatives such as 'Duke Dolph X' that haven't already be established in the rp world. Saying he's the generic ruler of said area would work however as it's vague enough that people wouldn't have heard about him.
P.S just so you are aware there are only certain items you can start with [here]. Other than that it looks well written, I would suggest making your own skin or getting someone to eventually. Once you address the point above we can see what's next!

Shao

Bring back angry react

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!
Server IP!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or another mentor. I am not on to whitelist you but I have asked someone else to so it will hopefully be done shortly.