Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Dr. Fong's Application [Approved - Niko]

DrFong

Villager
DrFong
DrFong
1. What is your Minecraft username?
DrFong

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Kings Law and Code of Conduct, Yes. Official lore and player guides I looked at briefly as they seem pretty involved. If we are a good fit, I'll devour it all.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using information learned OOC while IC. Powergaming forcing your roleplay on other people and succeeding all the time.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Ayda

8. Tell us about yourself!
I've been roleplaying for almost 30 years. The last five were spent on another large server; two of which I was public relations staff and ran events and did large holiday festival builds for the server.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
AbusementParkPoster2.jpgPerhaps. If you enjoy me I might share more of my creations in the future.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Found you on google while looking for a fresh place to play after being disappointed other places.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
I am the Mysterious Dr. Fong

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Dr. Fong looks like an old man with a long mustache. He dresses in the garish clothes of a jester or carnival performer with a large bowtie. Dr. Fong's body is wiry but wrapped in a red military style coat with epaulets. The coat is trimmed with golden thread and many fake medals. He wears his head shaved and his mustache long and wispy. He has a long pony tail that he wears in a braid down his back.

Written Test!
Dr. Fong is a curious old man. His accent and mannerisms change depending on the situation. He adapts his personality to best fit what he expects his audience will enjoy. For example: in a rural town he will twang and in a large city he will use sophisticated and proper language. He will pretend to be selectively deaf, dumb, or blind if he thinks it will help his situation and will pull all manner of tricks if he thinks he can get away with it.

Generally an honest businessman, Dr. Fong will attempt to rip off those he considers "rubes", that is, the inexperienced. Or those with traits he dislikes. He generally tries to do a good job with the resources he has, though he has been known to cut corners to get something working before showtime. Dr. Fong is not a real doctor despite his name. Or at least, his degree was not granted to him by any known worldly institution.

Strengths:
Dr. Fong has over 4000 charisma points (ok thats just an estimate)
Business Smarts - entrepreneur/accounting
Fortune Telling (trick - no magic used)
Knows a million stories and songs from many lands

Weaknesses:
Dr. Fong is only moderately talented at anything except charisma based skills and daily carnival operations.
Dr. Fong has a weakness for small children and will always try to make them laugh and smile.
Dr. Fong is old and not much for combat, he will always try to run from dangerous combat.
Dr. Fong has wanderlust and has a hard time settling down in one place for long.
His friendship with Vitalis the Clown gets him into terrible trouble from time to time.

Dr. Fong was born to an incredibly poor group of circus acrobats with a traveling show called "Lustful Steve's Really Bigtime Circus". They were only moderately talented as acrobats and this is why they were so incredibly poor. Also, Lustful Steve was an idiot and his "Really Bigtime Circus" stunk bigtime. His father, Fong Sr., made a deal with strange otherworldly forces in order to gain control of "Lustful Steve's Really Bigtime Circus". Lustful Steve was soon found dead of frightful injuries and no one ever knew what became of Lustful Steve's famous "Hat of +4000 Charisma Points".

The circus continued under a new name and teetered on under Fong Sr.'s management for many years. Young Fong trained as an acrobat. He was a nice boy, but tended to get into trouble because he had a "wild imagination" and "recklessly warped the truth". When his father died and passed on the circus's secret to Fong, he vowed that he would be the one to make the "family" circus a success and took up the title "Dr." to bolster his credibility.

Over the years, Dr. Fong's Abusement Park, as it came to be know, has traveled all over the world and picked up many strange performers and personalities. Dr. Fong found a small boy smeared with greasepaint in the reeds beside a river. The boy chose to come along with the carnival and took to his natural talent as a zany clown.

These days Dr. Fong is the ringmaster, fortune teller and co-owner of "Dr. Fong's Abusement Park and Traveling Carnival". Along with his business partner Vitalis th Clown they roam the lands and setup their carnival anywhere they think they can make money. Business has been slow and relations strained since Vitalis accidentally set fire to the circus wagon containing their main tent. Both have taken up straight jobs until the tent can be replaced.

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to file an application to join our community. There are a few things I wanted to touch upon in your application.

- I see that your character is 72 year old human and that his backstory shows that he has been through many adventures himself. While there's no explicit rule barring you from applying as an old man, I can honestly tell you that you would have a lot more fun starting fresh with a younger character who would eventually go on to do crazy adventures in our server than having them in backstory. I strongly recommend that you start off with a younger chap with dreams to do big things instead of an older character who's main arcs have occurred in backstory.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and effort to apply to our server and I look forward to reading your application once more.

DrFong

Villager
DrFong
DrFong
I appreciate the sentiment and advice. I assure you, Dr. Fong has many adventures left in him, even if he has to take a break occasionally to apply liniment to a sore joint or muscle. I want to make him some new memories and friends. I want a chance to build a fortune and an amazing circus. I am looking for a new home and this is hopefully a longterm character for me.

I'm going to drop his age down a bit on your advice, but I would like to keep him oldish and past his prime. Thanks for reviewing this.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

DrFong

Villager
DrFong
DrFong
Niko I was excited to play today, but still don't seem to be whitelisted. Could you take a look into that? Thank you!