Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Drakodo

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
drokodo.png
[ Solus ]
1603294233713.png

- DRAKODO -

"They call them the wingless dragons.."
-=[]=-
[ Limited to Event Staff ]

H A B I T A T
The Drakodo normally lives near the heat of the hot landscapes that are thick with volcanoes and lava. As of late, they have been recorded to be seen inside the deemed Ashlands- The volcano lands of the Eastern Kingdom. Their rare sightings have become even more rare, and are most often seen at all on the banks of lava pits, if they are not already half or totally submerged within the material.​

P H Y S I O L O G Y
Through the growth and changes in habitat of the lizards in the Eastern Continent, this overgrown creature is often mistaken for a wingless dragon. The Drakodo is a four-legged, short-limbed creature that waddles on its belly from one part of the Ashlands to the other, seeking food or otherwise hibernating in long periods of slumber. Its tail extends wide from behind, its spine riddled with ridges and bumps. Its leather skin reflect the colors of the Ashlands to camouflage with blues, greys and browns and sometimes specks of maroon. They are generally too hot and warm to touch for long periods of time. Their carcasses tend to steam. An adult sized Drakodo carry the length of about a 9ft creature, width of about 5ft. Their eyes are yellow and brown, blinking to the sides of their heads. They have two holes for noses and two pockets for ears at the side of their head. Their hands and feet have four pronged fingers with claws at the end. And finally, their maw extends outwards with sharp teeth running through the lids. The Drakodo's limbs and tails are incredibly muscular compared to mundane crocodilians, allowing it to wade through the thick pools of molten rock.​
Diet: Mostly carnivorous, the Drakodo’s meals include snacking on small animals that dare to traverse near them. This includes birds, rabbits, foxes, etc. As the creature camouflaged against its terrain, many quick creatures become oblivious to its appearance, often being lured to come close enough to be snatched up whole. The juices provided by their meals allow the Drakodo to maintain survival for long periods of time without eating as they slumber and store their food in their stomachs.​
Lifespan: The lifespan of this creature seems to be long lived. Not much is known of it yet, but a child to adult ranges at most, 30 years or so.​

B E H A V I O U R
Drakodo seem to be lazy creatures, first most. Anything they find as tedious, will be purposefully ignored. This includes larger creatures and noisy happenings. Their cycle of existence seems to be to eat, lumber, hibernate and repeat. They are only worked up when in search of a mate, and when protecting a motley young egg nest of their own. After the female Drakodo lays eggs, the paternal Drakodo usually stays on top of the eggs to warm them in the nest, until they hatch. While the maternal Drakodo patrols their nest to secure it from dangers and bring food for her mate and young. This period of their lifetime only lasts a few months, in which one decides to raise the young for a few years, then leave to continue its journey around the Ashlands once more. They aren’t known to stick close together for long periods of time.​
Drakodo have no natural predators, and use the advantage of their location to protect themselves, or to slay dangerous prey. They will often remain in a lava pit until something comes too close, at which point they will run out of the lava whilst still covered in molten slag, trying to grab whatever has approached it and pull it back down into the fiery pits where they begin to burn and char until they cease to move, at which point the Drakodo will drag it on to land and feast upon what is not totally destroyed by the heat.​

A B I L I T I E S
[Bite / Claw Attack]​
[Tail Whip]​
[Tongue Lash] Searing hot tongue​

W E A K N E S S E S
Maybe theres some other details about it like it hating fire or ETC​

Y I E L D S
Once the carcass of this creature has cooled down after a few hours, it may yield the following:​

[Drakodo Hide] Drakodo hide is thick, bumpy, and rough. It is notoriously difficult to work with. In the rare occasion that enough workable leather is harvested, only the most experienced of tanners can successfully process Drakodo hide into Drakodo leather. Drakodo leather is a powerful insulator against heat. A Drakodo leather glove could allow an individual to pick up and hold red-hot metal without experiencing any sort of discomfort.​
[Drakodo Bones] Drakodo bones are naturally black, as if charred to coal. Identically to its leather, Drakodos' bones are extremely heat resistant, able to withstand heats on-par with molten rock before ever burning and crumbling.​
[Drakodo Skull]​

Original Writeup: Solus

Last edited:

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
D r a k o d o
Attack DC: 18
Defend DC: 21
HP: 10