Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

DrBrownCa's wheelie bin on fire

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
Oh look I have a drawing tablet now so I can share all the hot garbage that I make

These first couple are part of a series I'm doing on my interpretations of the Pantheon. One symbol (left), one artwork (right) and one piece of music (tba)

(Disclaimer: adding images straight into the post is unavailable rn so imgur links is all I got)

Ignis Synnove

EDIT: I shaded the drawings very poorly

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Ahhh nice to see your interpretation of the Gods in shapes other than humanoid! I did a series like that too and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the other Gods :)

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
I'm hoping to get to all of them before I'm too swamped with summer work starting. I'm only doing them in order of "whatever idea pops in my head first" so sorry if some of them are slower than others. And thanks again for the positive feedback guys

Ahhh nice to see your interpretation of the Gods in shapes other than humanoid! I did a series like that too and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the other Gods :)
Ya, I never liked the idea of "oh these divine presences look just like humans" because that just seems like a cheap interpretation. I always liked the lovecraftian horror idea of these extra dimensional beings are so strange that we can't even begin to comprehend it, only translate it vaguely. And full disclosure, I realize I'm definitely competing with you because your drawings are what inspired this series in the first place and most of them make me go "crap, how do I even top that?"

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'm hoping to get to all of them before I'm too swamped with summer work starting. I'm only doing them in order of "whatever idea pops in my head first" so sorry if some of them are slower than others. And thanks again for the positive feedback guys

Ya, I never liked the idea of "oh these divine presences look just like humans" because that just seems like a cheap interpretation. I always liked the lovecraftian horror idea of these extra dimensional beings are so strange that we can't even begin to comprehend it, only translate it vaguely. And full disclosure, I realize I'm definitely competing with you because your drawings are what inspired this series in the first place and most of them make me go "crap, how do I even top that?"
It's not about topping them, it's amazing to hear that my drawings inspired you to have a go yourself! Thanks though, it's a great compliment. I agree that the Gods seeming inexplicable and mysterious beyond comprehension is an interesting concept, or I wouldn't have drawn em like this either I guess! Keep it up!

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
I took some time off for #blackout because as a musician the movement is very important, especially in times like these. Regardless, the show must go on.

Back by unpopular demand, it's me.

Sallana (this one's for you Blorbis83)

Sallana Symbol.pngSallana Myth PNG.png

(The snakes are its tail, pls do no flame)

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
Oh right forgot to mention, that drawing is courtesy of DizPanda for giving me inspiration, even though she doesn't know that

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
We're Back (1993) showcasing more art I've made over the past few weeks (month more like because I am too lazy to upload)

Made this sick chimera for Galaxy Jishrim sermon
Mini-game: Find the spider / number 8

(Symbology and cheeky art concepts what are those? haha never heard of em dunno what you're talking about)

jish shit2.png

Then I set out practicing how to draw figures, and more importantly faces. It has been my weak point in art forever, even though I wasn't aiming for realistic. Still, being the perfectionist I am, nothing was appealing. But after a long and arduous process of anatomy, sketching, learning how to colour and how to shade, I have two pieces I am willing to show off as progress images and as momentos of my effort

First artwork of Mira!
Practice time: 20+ hours

HOLY FUCK A REAL DRAWING.png

"The Haunting of Storm's Landing"
AKA the 100% certified not creepy trio of Maebh, Tylla, and Silk Tongue that hangs out in Kraken's Den
Magic Intern Blorbis83
Practice time: 35+ hours
weeeeeeeeh.png

(Also featuring a thoroughly confused Sophie Velour Lovelyninja567 )
I would also like to announce I am quitting art because I have peaked, 40 hours of work and practice on ONE topic is enough