Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Driftling

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
1632627948314.png
[ ART CREDIT ]
1603294233713.png

- DRIFTLING -

“Why is that flower crawling up your back?”
-=[]=-
[ Free to be used in Events ]

H A B I T A T
The Driftling are anywhere where orchids and bugs are found. They are even known to cluster in bushes that don’t naturally have orchids to attract insects for a group feast. Some Driftling even make their homes on the backs of insect-carrying animals. Oxen, cows, smelly people and creatures, and horses are sometimes adorned in crowns of flowers due to this.​

P H Y S I O L O G Y
A Driftling is akin to an orchid when it sits still or lets itself be carried in the wind, and is a bright-coloured mantis when moving, and is about the same size if not smaller. It is light enough for it to be able to be carried great distances so long it unfolds its ‘petals’ that act as wings. Their name comes from the fact that rather than flying, they drift on the winds in a form of uncontrollable flight.​
What makes this creature unique is the fact that it is so unassuming and bright-coloured. That and the ability to pretend to be flowers in the wind makes them excellent hunters and allows them to catch prey even mid-drift.​
Diet: They eat insects exclusively.​
Lifespan: -​

B E H A V I O U R
These creatures are predatory. They float on the wind like elaborate flower petals and assail their creatures from above, or they sit and wait to spring into action. While, unless you have lice, they aren’t a problem for humans, some smellier Caparii might find that Driftling cluster on them due to the sheer amount of fur they have.​
Mostly incapable of any organised socializing, these creatures are capable of recognizing each other and do tend to cluster amongst their kin. In these clusters, the reproduction tends to happen. A process that the males, sadly, do not survive as they are devoured by the females.​

A B I L I T I E S
-​

W E A K N E S S E S
-​

Y I E L D S
-​

Original Writeup: Jeroxia

Last edited:

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach