Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Durokon's Application [Approved - Charybdis]

Durokon

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Durokon

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
The United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using knowledge that your character does not possess in order to make an in-character decision.
Powergaming is unfairly giving oneself an unreasonable amount of power through roleplay. For example, a character's backstory can't make him/her a god, that person cannot take away another player's choice through RP, claiming that a dragon appears behind a player, etc.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Ayada

8. Tell us about yourself!
My name is Zack. I'm a student at the University of Mississippi, and I enjoy playing videogames, watching YouTube and pursuing intellectual arts. I'm a quick learner and I like to be courteous. Sometimes I experience communication difficulties, but in general I tend to get along with people. I have a knack for creating stories and interesting text in general. I also love to get into character, and I do it quite well.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
(This question is optional! Are you an artist? A builder? A writer? If you want to show off some of your work, we'd love to see it! You can upload a file at the bottom of the page to attach some pictures if you like! If you don't have anything you want to show, that is perfectly fine. Don't worry.)

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No. I googled "Minecraft medieval roleplay server".

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Durokon the Erudite

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Brown hair, beard, blue eyes

Written Test!

Current Setting of the Server:

For days, it rained. The coasts were battered by bolstered waves, and the fields turned to lakes that could swallow a caravan. For some, it was an omen.

The evil promises came true. As the storms slipped back out to sea and the sun's auburn hues could again be seen rising over the horizon, something dark crept out from the cavern depths. A dangerous, and mysterious plague gripped Altera by ferocious surprise. At first, it was studied in quite isolation by academics, but soon it became clear that this was no mere curse of nature. Plague beasts, monstrous mutated abominations, stormed research facilities, escalating the situation into a full scale struggle. Across the lands, people became displaced from their homes as monster and plague altered their way of life.

The lands of Altera are poised in dire straits, but there is hope. The sun still shines, and opportunities for glory grow like tentative vines. All over, people are fighting, innovating and living in spite of the darkness below. Will you join them?

I know not of whom I was spawned, only that I was left in the streets as a mere babe. Though the streets of The Eastern Continent are not always dangerous, a child left in any street shall surely die unless tended to by a kind soul. So I was, indeed. As the passersby awoke and carried out their daily business, my cries did not echo throughout the city, but were rather drowned out by the noise of commerce. Many looked upon me and shed naught a tear, and others looked upon me and wept, as my cries sent a virulent message, "Lo! I am a child! Will you not take pity upon me?" No mother deigned to take me unto her bosom, though I was hungry. No father deigned to take me unto him as a student to teach me what it means to be a man. None, that is, until Kiria, a priestess of The Watcher, saw in me potential to be a great scholar and secret-keeper. And so she took me and, though she was not a mother herself, fed me from sheep's milk.

As I grew up, I learned to breathe the ancient texts. It gave me a sense of satisfaction to possess knowledge that few in this world possess. *What follows is an imagined/hallucinated event that Durokon's mind created in order to reconcile his memory of being lost in a cave* When I was six years old, Kiria decided to perform the Rite of Learning, a powerful process in which a vessel takes into himself the Essence of Knowledge, thereby bringing him closer to The Watcher. I was locked in a room with no light, no food and no water. For several days, I know not how many, I lived in darkness. I felt my life leave my body. Though there was no light, I could see myself, an emaciated corpse, wretched and pitiful, though only a child. It was then that I saw The Watcher. He heard the silence of my corpse, and I saw the void of his realm within the mind. In exchange for my life, my soul was forced to wear a mask, which he called the Essence of Knowledge, which allowed me access to secrets from the world. I, like all scholars who follow Him, became a trove, a keeper of knowledge. Because my soul was silent and invisible thereafter, I was allowed the ability of Understanding. I could Understand things that He sent unto the world. In essence, I gained the ability to know The Watcher and comprehend the secrets of the divine. From then, all I had to do was search for knowledge.

I was returned to my body, and as if Kiria knew what had transpired, she opened the door and fed me. I do not hate Kiria for having done this, nay I love her for it. My thirst for knowledge can never be quenched, but because of the infinite nature of the divine, perhaps it may be someday. Kiria continued training me and teaching me. For years, I learned all that there was to learn in my home village. I had studied all of the books that the villagers possessed, and the time came for me to expand my mind. When I came of age, Kiria, who had been a loving mother to me, gifted me with a notebook, that I might record all that I learned in my own studies, as it was time that I take it upon myself to learn of this world and its inhabitants. And so it came to pass that I took up my pen as my weapon and my mind as my shield, that I may combat ignorance and analyze the world.

As for this plague, I care not for the people afflicted, nor do I care for the lands of Altera, but if helping the people can advance my knowledge about this strange force, then so be it. I am a scholar, and as a scholar I have a duty to collect knowledge in the name of The Watcher. Therefore, it is my duty to move towards understanding. Perhaps my actions will help the people, but I care not, for both my master and my prey are knowledge.

Last edited:

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Hello, thanks for applying. It looks all good, but I would ask that you expand upon your powergaming definition a bit more, and then it should be perfect.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Very close. Your definition is correct but still incomplete, and needs to be expanded further to other ways powergaming happens. Take a look at our King's Law page again.

Last edited:

Durokon

Villager
Very close. Your definition is correct but still incomplete, and needs to be expanded further to other ways powergaming happens. Take a look at our King's Law page again.
I apologize. I didn't properly understand the meaning of powergaming, but I think I have it now.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
No worries. Looking good, now.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.