Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Eddie boy's Art thread

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
Lono art, maybe i'll colour it or maybe i will be lazy. I enjoyed working on this piece as i've been trying to practice forms and anatomy. Ignore the legs and I think I was able to properly make the form.
1611372014124.png

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera

War Bear.png
The War Bear
Physiology:
The War Bear also referred to as the Battle Bear is believed to be part of the bear species. A unique feature that the War Bear possesses is a hard exo shell that covers most of their exterior. It is debated whether the War bear's exo shell is made out of the same material of a Rhino Beetle or if it is made of many layers of Fur. Compressed and layered so finely that it makes up the appearance of a shell. Another distinct feature of the War Bear is the horn on their head, these horns are used offensively to not only shove off attackers but can also be utilized to flip attackers either over them or high into the air. Their horns can make up varying designs, the wide 4 branch horn. A single long horn the measures up to 4 feet in length. A similar single long horn that is thinner but has a serrated edge, despite being serrated it doesn't posses the ability to actually cut the person, rather it appears to function the same as a regular single horn. They weigh around 600 to 650 lbs, if standing on their hind legs they measure up to 8 feet but when on all four they measure up to around 3 feet and have a length of 6 feet. The War bear is not a slow animal, like other bears they can run up to incredible speeds though are slightly slower, the top speed they can run up too is 30mph. They also possess similar qualities of the bear family such as a powerful bite and sharp claws that can easily tear through a human's skin with a swipe. The War Bear should not be trifled with it is noted that they should be avoided at all costs as their natural armour is strong enough to absorb the impacts of swords along with arrows. Their are some gaps of the bear that aren't covered such as at the joints along with the entire underbelly of the bear however despite these apparent "weaknesses" one should still avoid them at all cost. The colour pattern of the War Bear ranges from a Black exo shell paired with grey fur or a Black exo shell paired with brown fur. Their has also been notes of War Bears with a crimson exo shell and a dark red fur, we will get into them later on.
Diet:
The War Bear's diet is quite adaptable. They have been noted as being seen eating insects, berries and plants. Small game, fish and on rare occasion large animals such as deer and moose. It has also been noted that they are not picky eaters, if one were to wander into a camp they will dig around sacks and satchels and eat anything that is edible. If it smells good to them they'll most likely eat it.
Behaviour:
The War Bear is a very territorial creature, when exploring outside of their marked territory they will not be as aggressive. They are willing to defend themselves if they feel threatened, this will be by either roaring loudly at the threat or attempting to scare them off with swipes of their massive claws. If they see the creature backing away and not pressing forward they will leave the creature be, however if the creature does not back away but rather presses forward. The War Bear will attack the threatening target, if they have engaged in a fight they will not stop until they have either lost track of the creature of have killed the creature. To the War Bear if the attacking creatures decides to retreat and flee from battle the War Bear will press on with its assault chasing down the target until, as mentioned above. The target has been lost or killed. If one were to enter the territory of the War Bear, they will be aggressive to the point of attacking on sight. To enter the territory of a War Bear is a challenge on the War Bear itself, it will attack aggressively though oddly will chase the target out of its territory and not pursue it. No one is too sure the reasoning as to why this is and has confused most who've tried to study the species. The consensus that most have come to is that the War Bear will kill you outside its territory due to it's life being threatened and as a defense will use all it's energy and over whelming power to kill the threat as a way to defend itself, hunting down the threat to ensure it's safety in the future. However it will attack and chase those who enter its territory away as a show of dominance. The reason this is believed is because on rare occasions some have caught sights of War Bears purposely entering the territory of another War Bear, issuing a challenge against that war bear. The two War Bears will fight with all their might attempting to flip, bite and claw at one another till one concedes which an outsider can tell when one War Bear dips their head down pressing their horns into the dirt and backing away slowly. The other way a War Bear wins is when one opponent flees and exits the marked territory, if a War Bear flees or concedes the fight appears to end their and then. The losing bear will exit the marked territory, if the challenger wins they have gained that territory and the loser must go and search for new territory. The territory of a War Bear is 140km squared, they mark their territory by swiping their claws against tree bark making an X or by making a dent in a tree with their powerful horns.

Berserker Bear Curse: Some say that the War bear had a curse placed upon its species, whether by Theodra, Kilrox or Jishrim no one is quite sure which of the divine could be responsible different stories are told by different places. All remain the same however that their is a believed curse upon the War Bear, the Berserker Bear. If a War Bear would kill and consume the body of a person being their behavior changes, they become a more aggressive creature issuing challenges to other War Bears but never accepting the opponents attempts to concede or flee always going for the kill. To satiate a blood lust that has developed within themselves they explore abandoning the idea of territory just simply hunting for any living thing to kill. The one prey they search out for the most is a person. No matter the race the Berserker Bear will aggressively hunt them down and viscously attempt to kill them if they catch the slightest smell of them, upon catching the scent they enter a wild frenzy. It seems that within this state pain is dulled to them as they do not react to stabs or attacks hitting them, their attacks become more wild and they are distinctly more aggressive. If say you were to run up into a tree, a regular War Bear will pace back and forth, wait for an hour or two then simply lose interest and leave. A Berserker Bear however will wait, it'll make attempts to either climb the tree or push the tree over if they see the tree isn't quite sturdy. A strong thick tree won't easily be pushed over by a Berserker Bear but thinner ones may fall under the Berserker Bear's strength.

One distinct way to tell if a War Bear has become a berserker Bear is if by the colour of their fur and armour. Their fur and armour will have taken a red hue, the exo shell becoming crimson and the fur becoming a dark red. This change is believe to be caused by the curse and is a warning to others that the mighty War Bear has fallen to the curse. Their are rumours that different races will cause the Berserker Bear to change differently depending on which race was first consumed by the bear. Here are the changes that have been documented though it should be noted these can simply be from hysterical men and women or tales of the creature.

Human: Appears to be no additional changes to the Berserker Bear.
Elves (Moor/Silver/Forest): Reported by an elderly forest elf hunter, that when he was a child learning to hunt with his father. That his father fell victim to the Berserker bear and that they were only able to get away due to their father stabbing at the eye of the beast whilst it feasted upon his stomach. The eldery man reported that after hundreds of years and leading an expedition of a new generation through a forest trail. That he spotted a Berserker Bear that had the exact same injury to the eye. So it is believed that if a Berserker bear were to consume an elf they will live long past their expected life span. A possible way to tell if a Berserker Bear ate a elf is if their ears are more pointed.
Halflings: No reports or knowledge of a Berserker Bear consuming a halfling. So it is to be assumed for now that their are no additional changes similar to the human.
Dwarves: If a berserker bear were to consume a dwarf it's noted that their exo shell becomes far stronger able to absorb more blows from attacks. A way one can tell a Berserker Bear has consumed a dwarf is by inspecting the shell, the shell will had a distinct hexagonal pattern engraved upon it.
Caparii: The horns of the Berserker Bear will grow wider, longer and will become more sturdy. Becoming capable of smashing through thick wooden barricades and sturdy enough to lift a heavy gate without fear of breaking or fracturing the horn.
Earthspawn: Due to how rare earthspawn are their is no knowing of what may occur if a Berserker Bear were to consume them first.
Half-Spawn: No reports or knowledge of a Berserker Bear consuming a Half-Spawn. So it is to be assumed for now that their are no additional changes similar to the human.
Makani: No reports or knowledge of a Berserker Bear consuming a Makani. So it is to be assumed for now that their are no additional changes similar to the human.
Greyling: Due to how rare Greylings are their is no knowing of what may occur if a Berserker Bear were to consume them first.
Nakam:
Due to how rare Nakeam are their is no knowing of what may occur if a Berserker Bear were to consume them first.
Immortal Construct: No reports or knowledge of a Berserker Bear consuming an Immortal Construct. It's believed that if a War Bear were to eat an immortal construct the curse will not awaken.

Lifespan:
The lifespan of the War Bear and the Berserker Bear (with exception of the Berserker bear Elf variant) is around 25-30 years. A War Bear is noted as becoming fully mature at the age of 8 least that is when they no longer seem to rely on their mother.
Yields:
If one were to kill a War Bear they would yield the beasts fur which is similar to that of a regular grizzly bear. One could possibly remove the armour from the creature, quite large for a human to wear though quite sturdy. If one were inventive they could possibly make a set of armour or a shield out of the material. The horn and head armour of the War Bear is said to be quite the mantle piece, a sign of conquering a mighty beast. The meat of a War Bear tastes rather good, it's fatty and gamey however and has a very strong taste and strong aroma. However the meat of a Berserker Bear is said to taste foul and when cooked will produce a terrible stench. Perhaps a way to persuade people into not eating the "cursed" meat and possibly passing on the aggressive curse onto themselves.

However the meat of a berserker bear does not taste or smell foul to that of a vyre. When consumed by a vyre the vyre will feel quite full as if they has consumed the blood of a regular human. For a short period of time they will become far more aggressive and possibly see a temporary and small increase in their strength.

OOC Edouard2000 speaking.

I wanted to practice drawing animals and so decided to draw a bear, i then wanted to try and add a fantasy element to the creature so I crossed it with that of a Rhino beetle. Why? Cause rhino beetles are fucking awesome. They were built for violence and are just so derpy in terms of how they mate. Apparently when a Rhino beetle finishes mating with a female it will toss the female away. Bare in mind that a female Rhino beetle will go to the top of a tree and the males will fight one another by flipping or shoving each other off the tree. Whoever reaches the top gets to mate with the female. So theirs a fun fact for you.

So why did I make the long ass write up? Why did i write it up here and not actually submit it, because originally i had no intention of submitting it. I only put in 5 category's to write about to simply flesh my creation out and I also wanted to work on my creative writing. I got a bit carried away and wrote up a rather long post but I had fun. Any critiques would be greatly appreciated, whether this be my art or my writing. Im willing to take it on the chin and always wish to improve. Will i ever do something like this again? Maybe. Will I submit this to staff, idk possibly. Maybe the player base will want to fight this or maybe the player base would rather have my cracked out bear locked away because its too much of a challenge. I understand if its the second, y'all couldn't handle the might War Bear anyways. :) (yeah im calling you guys cowards)

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
I bet Asero and Kaelin (mostly Asero, obviously) could take this bear pretty easy

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
Decided to get further out of my comfort zone today and practice modelling actual organic forms. I wanted to practice making a torso and I have to say I enjoyed it quite a lot, I still need to practice the muscles because they are loosely following an actual muscle anatomy chart I found. Though I enjoyed the stylized nature of how it came out as that was what I was trying to achieve. It being stylized however doesn't make it exempt from critique so if you have any notes feel free to share them. Anyways I decided to make Maceo's artifact Exchequer, it was a bit challenging as their wasn't any art of it but it also allowed for creative freedom. So here is my rendition of how I image the artifact working. Please excuse the noise, I had to compress it quite a bit to properly upload it to the forums.

The map on his back can be found on the dynmap, if anyone cares to try and look for it. The Compass, mountains and Anchor were not done by me but are free clip art.
BoredBrit

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Decided to get further out of my comfort zone today and practice modelling actual organic forms. I wanted to practice making a torso and I have to say I enjoyed it quite a lot, I still need to practice the muscles because they are loosely following an actual muscle anatomy chart I found. Though I enjoyed the stylized nature of how it came out as that was what I was trying to achieve. It being stylized however doesn't make it exempt from critique so if you have any notes feel free to share them. Anyways I decided to make Maceo's artifact Exchequer, it was a bit challenging as their wasn't any art of it but it also allowed for creative freedom. So here is my rendition of how I image the artifact working. Please excuse the noise, I had to compress it quite a bit to properly upload it to the forums.

The map on his back can be found on the dynmap, if anyone cares to try and look for it. The Compass, mountains and Anchor were not done by me but are free clip art.
BoredBrit
holy cow

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend

BoredBrit
Dammit Ed, I don’t know whether to give player love or disagree!