Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Elchbar

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
1624130039907.png
[ ART CREDIT ]
1603294233713.png

- ELCHBAR -

"Thump.. Thump.. Thump.."
-=[]=-
[ Free to be used in Events ]

H A B I T A T
Elchbar are solitary animals outside of mating season, and as such, they roam the frozen snow drifts, tundras, and wintry pine forests in search of food. Given their aggressive and territorial nature, it is uncommon to see more than one or two in the same area outside of the mating season. During it, dozens of elchbars gather in massive herds in the heart of the ice and snow, away from civilization.​

P H Y S I O L O G Y
The elchbar is a beast unlike any other, in scope of it’s anatomy and size. Claimed to be the work of the infamous Figment, Strange, the elchbar is an amalgam of various bizarre traits that lend itself to cold weather living. The males are said to stand at seven feet in height not including its impressive antlers, with the females standing without antlers at six feet. Such makes the elchbar is among the taller animals living in the tundra. It’s hide is tough, making it a difficult beast to take down without coordinated effort. It’s fur is often thick and matted to insulate heat, varying in colors from white, gray, to a dirty brown. A long mane hangs down the length of its neck, leading upwards towards an impressive array of antlers most similar to that of a moose. It’s face and legs remain reminiscent of a mountain goat’s, though its proportions remain stockier and frightfully larger. Because of their size, they can provide enough meat for several large families, but it is often difficult for them to be felled by arrows alone due to the thick matted fur and thick hide.​
Diet: The elchbar is an omnivore, taking its food however it can get it. When they travel south towards the coniferous forests, they will graze on the shrubs and buds from trees, or eat carrion if they come across it. If something wanders into the elchbar’s territory, it is not uncommon for a fight to the death to occur for land and females. This leads to a somewhat carnivorous appetite when the fighting and opportunity arises.​
Lifespan: The average elchbar lives between 15-25 years.​

B E H A V I O U R
Luckily for the northern towns and cities, the elchbar does not go looking for trouble, nor do they wonder too close to settlements. They are solitary, only coming together to mate. When left alone and given a wide berth, they pose very little threat. They are, however, dangerously aggressive towards perceived threats that wander into their territory. Lumberjacks, fisherman, and explorers have told terrifying tales of the males charging at them at full speed when they wander too close. More than one unlucky wander has been speared by the antlers, or launched into the air by the beast for refusing to flee. Once engaged in fighting off a perceived threat, the elchbar will not stop until it has either won or died trying.​

A B I L I T I E S
[Antler Barrel]​

W E A K N E S S E S
-​

Y I E L D S
[Hide]​
[Meat]​
[Bone]​

Original Writeup: NIAH

Last edited:

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer