Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Elder Scrolls Online

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
Somehow I have the feeling that this one will fall off the immersive feeling that Oblivion and Skyrim where able to provide. Like if it was almost a completely different game. It's just a feeling that I have, and I am afraid that it will come true. Hopefully, I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

Silvertread

Lord of Altera
I'm going to hold off on getting really enthousiastic about this until I've seen the WTF is... of it.
I just have no idea what to think of this game.

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
I've never played a multiplayer RPG like this before, but I have played loads of single player ones. How does loot work usually? When you take stuff from those barrels, does it disappear for everyone or do you all get your own loot?

Silvertread

Lord of Altera
I've never played a multiplayer RPG like this before, but I have played loads of single player ones. How does loot work usually? When you take stuff from those barrels, does it disappear for everyone or do you all get your own loot?
I suppose the loot would be per player, otherwise everyone would just hoard everything immediately.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff

If this behaves like most other MMO's then the answer depends on where you are in the game. Mostly loot will be specifically for you if you are alone and wandering around the open world.

However, if you are in a group instanced event or big raid event then items tend to be unique to that instanced event and are randomly allocated to players using a NEED, GREED, PASS system that is usually customisable by the group/raid leader.

Basically NEED, GREED or PASS will appear on your screen whenever a member of your group finds a valuable item. You click your desired choice and the item is then randomly handed out with priority to those who selected NEED. If nobody selected NEED then its randomly given to a player in the GREED group. PASS is self-explanatory.

Etiquette in MMO's for NEED is generally if it is an item that your class can actually use and that you do actually NEED it because its better than an item you are already using/wearing.

GREED is for when its not class specific to you and/or you are simply just bagging it to sell.

Of course this system won't be used if you find a loaf of bread - group dungeons / raid events still have normal items and money that is specifically for you. But generally if you find a flaming sword of the dragon +3 then this will be a one off item. It doesn't matter who picks it up - the server will allow every member of your group to have a chance to claim it using the aforementioned mechanic.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
*Bumps*

If any folks are interested, I've been playing a bit and would love to do some PvP or questing!