Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Elder Scrolls Online

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
It's telling me you guys don't have accounts :C

Add me- IceandFire

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Might be an issue if some of us are playing on the American Servers, and the other European

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
So the Dark Brotherhood is out now and I'm slightly becoming more addicted again.

I'd like to setup a HW guild for some sweet dungeon stuffs and PvP nights. Anyone interested?

Ratchat620

Lord of Altera
So the Dark Brotherhood is out now and I'm slightly becoming more addicted again.

I'd like to setup a HW guild for some sweet dungeon stuffs and PvP nights. Anyone interested?
I...might be? I finally bought the game a few months ago although I still lack the expansions or a max lvl character :/

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
Is this game worth it? I didn't really hear any good things before about it.

Also, how much is it for all of the expansions.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
I really enjoy the game. It's the best MMO I've ever played, and I've seen em' all. Most of the folks who don't like the game are simply against it because it's not "Skyrim Online".. It's a bit different but overall I really really enjoy it xD

Spark

Broken
I liked it for a few hours with some friends, but I think it lacks quests that have a deep story, or any story. They're just the same thing over and over. There's a lot of them, but after the first 10 or so, it's the same thing. I feel like it lacks some of the things that make raids fun in other games aren't there, such as effective tank roles, since you can't voke enemies so DPSers just share the damage really. It was made for console too so they limited the amount of abilities you can have hotkeyed. The leveling for non-combat skills is pretty aids, they don't really come out as worthwhile.

I'd say it's too much MMO to be an Elder Scrolls game, and too Elder Scrolls to be an MMO, if that makes sense.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Personally I think its messing with the lore a bit too much - or I just missed the contents of this song:

Note this clearly refers to Akatosh trying to bargain for Nirn with the deadra. The interesting part is where Meridia and Azura also participate, with the latter asking for something in return.

Now why this makes me wonder so much:
Meridia and Azura are actually known as the only two good Deadra, so her question coming from her when she sneered at him seconds before actually comes off strange.

As for what Akatosh whispered to them:
Imho its along the lines of:
'Get off my turf bi**es, or you will end up like Lorkhan, with your heart being ripped ourt and worn as a jewel by mortals. (refer to the 'red diamond' song)
This is especially interesting as Akatosh is actually - stronger - than the deadra.

This can be seen in several instances such as him fighting it out with Lorkhan and still being able to fly around afterwards (again refer to the bard song), as well as an mere Avatar of his being able to kick the ass of Mherunges Dagon (Oblivion).

My point is: the song adds lore that will likely never be explored :/

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
I am looking to put together some groups for PvP or dungeons and stuff if anyone wants to join! Daggerfall Covenant all the way

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
This is especially interesting as Akatosh is actually - stronger - than the deadra.

This can be seen in several instances such as him fighting it out with Lorkhan and still being able to fly around afterwards (again refer to the bard song), as well as an mere Avatar of his being able to kick the ass of Mherunges Dagon (Oblivion).

My point is: the song adds lore that will likely never be explored :/
However unlike the Daedra the Aedra are resting in vast periods between appearances. Given that Aedra and daedra are the same kind of life, just some participated in creation of Nirn (The Aedra) and some didn't (the daedra). It is possible if the Daedric princes got the same amount of followers as the Eight Divines, and rested as much between their forays into Nirn they could go toe to toe with the Divines even Akatosh.

Remember the act of creation permanently weakened them, thus why Lorkhan was killed by Akatosh for his betrayal in not revealing this to the other Aedra until it was too late. Of the Divines that participated in creation, and still retain their powers there is only one. Magnus, given he was instrumental in desiging the mortal plane and escaped before being turned into a planet like the other Divines, AND still receives worshipers he's likely the most powerful figure in all Elder Scrolls lore.

All this said I haven't played ESO so I have no idea how much they have messed with the lore since Skyrim. So I could be wrong now and you right, Bethesda has a habit of "refining" lore with each release.