Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Empyreal Wyrm

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
1624132442980.png

bannnnnner.png
- EMPYREAL WYRM-

"The skies broke and a maelstrom formed with the clouds, a temporary rift forming that allowed creatures to pass through, drawn to this place of power and energy. These creatures are otherworldly, ethereal, beautiful and frightening all at once, but limited in number for their way home is closed behind them."
-=[]=-
[ Limited to Event Staff ]

H A B I T A T
The Empyreal Wyrm can be found anywhere across the continent, and is not limited to temperatures or set climates. It is however an entity that inhabits the skies themselves, drifting through them as marine life does the oceans. They do not walk on land, nor swim in the sea, and so are not found on or in either.​

P H Y S I O L O G Y
These Wyrms never stop aging, so long as they can sustain themselves on some sort of energy source, including storms, strong winds, and to a lesser degree even sunlight. They have armoured heads that are as strong as steel plating, protecting their vitals, and whilst their ribs are on show these parts are the only tangible, physical pieces. The rest of them is a sort of glowing energy, taking the form of fins and a serpentine body, varied in colours from purple, to blue, to even hues of sea-green. Generally they can grow quite large, up to a rough maximum of ten metres long, some with larger and more extravagant fins and tails. Their heads and ribs being the denser parts of their bodies are the heaviest, but no more than a steel cuirass for an example. They resemble eels in structure, including how their jaws work and the teeth lined within.​

Diet: The Empyreal Wyrm sustains itself on energy, filtering it through itself and keeping excess in its body. As to how it does this, it is unknown.​
Lifespan: There is nothing to document them having any end to their lifespans.​

B E H A V I O U R
The Empyreal Wyrm is inherently curious, but generally peaceful unless actively provoked. They are drifters, moving through the skies as they like in search of sustenance and being drawn to larger amounts of power such as storms or even larger groups of mages. They can take to scraping themselves against various structures in an odd display of behaviour.​

A B I L I T I E S
The teeth of these Wyrms can cause serious injury if the creatures are provoked, and should it be a larger one they may very well take off a limb with the force of their thrashing if you are unfortunate enough to stir one to such a display of aggression. They are also able to stun and temporarily paralyse people upon contact, some individuals being burnt by the energy that their bodies are most comprised of.​

[Bite] Their teeth appear almost crystalline, and are as hard as diamond. Bites from these creatures sink deep, and can cause serious injury.​
[Stun] They can give off electrical pulses that are enough to stun or seize though they make contact with an individual or get within one metre of them.​
[Paralyse] Not limited only to electrical pulses, these creatures can exert themselves to temporarily overwhelm and paralyse people who touch them, searing hands and fingers with strange burns that are akin to red lightning scarring. They are unable to continuously do this, as too much would stress their bodies and cause them to shut down in turn.​

W E A K N E S S E S
Their armoured heads still hold softer parts that they'd not manage to survive without.​

Y I E L D S
[Bone]​
[Skull]​

Original Writeup(and art): Elz

Last edited:

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
E m p y r e a l
W y r m