Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

EndallIVXX Whitelist/Char App [Approved-Ayda]

Endall

Villager
Whitelist Application
1. What is your Minecraft username?
EndallIVXX

2. How old are you?
21+

3. What country are you from?
US, EST time zone.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

These are very basic definition. I do realize there's more to it.
Metagaming: Basically it's the use of OOC knowledge to benefit or change a character reaction in game. The general idea is that you can't use OOC knowledge in game. For example, knowing a players name just because it's floating over their head.

Powergaming: Essentially forcing actions on other players without allowing them to react, or generally just doing things beyond normal capabilities. It's usually considered powergaming to ignore other peoples emotes in favor of your own or just generally not react to situations that are obviously RP.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Squidziod

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm a pretty old man in general. I enjoy all kinds of music, and I play guitar. I mostly roleplay just to enjoy alternative situations and how much other folks are capable of being creative.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Naw.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Golden_Gardener

Character Age:
He's fourty-six. Juuust old enough to have a little knowledge and be a danger to himself.

Character Race:
Dwarf!

Appearance:
Haber wears whatever is comfortable. He likes to work and laughs at the puny glovewearers who don't have a feel for their craft. He's a fair skinned, pudgy, charcoal grey haired, squat little bastard, with a beard so big that it gets in the way of just about everything he does. He's around 4' 6" tall, with dark blue eyes.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Not done yet, but it'll be a good reflection of the description and basic in garb and such.

Written Test!
Haber had enough. A flurry of curses following a short outburst of violence as a chair smashes against the room in his tiny little workshop. Red dust is laid on the floor, where he sits on his butt, holding his hand in pain.

"Right, don't go and touch the stuff when it's lit, damn idiot!"

Yes, he talks to himself. Everything in the world has a learning curve, and Haber almost always learns the hard way. He pushes his cat back, not wanting to see the animal hurt. Perhaps he's a caring individual, but only to a certain point.

"You step on that shite and you'll be yeowlin' until I make ye dindin and du Frostpeaks come back. Stahp it, ya' feck."

He shakes his hand out, looking at the various points of red dust, their connections, and his now very sad looking, dark red thumb. This is his fascination. He's a builder, and a thinker, but not always a great one. After breaking the signal from the dust, he moves things around, using a piece of paper to relay the lines and cover what he can. He reaches for the switch to actuate it again, though he's poking at it with a stick this time and standing far away, when a knock is heard at the door. He sighs.

"What!?!? What!?!? Can't just leave meh be? Gotta knock on mah wood and bodder a workin' dwarf? Who doesn't know better? Ye' better have somethin' to drink wit ye!"

He answers the door and is handed a letter. A missive. It's clearly a request for work, with a drawing included. It looks like some kind of invention, or a wisp of one. A mere thought, judging from the drawing. But to Haber, it's just a start. As the courier seems to wait for payment, the door is closed in his face, his hand left hanging. Haber doesn't tip people for annoying him and bringing him paper without a drink.

The previous redstone seems to have been forgotten for now, he lays paper on a table, scooting and climbing up to the chair on his desk, which is much too tall for him.

"Mah achin' bones. Gonna cut feckin' legs outta this chair now. GET OFFUH THERE YE' FLAMIN' BRUTE!"

The cat does not respond, simply stretching across the paperwork and plans on the table with a lazy yawn.

"Ooooh ye' bastard.." Haber smiles, but quietly fumes in his native language at the same time.

He makes dinner for both himself and the feline, knowing that's the only way to get the cat out of the way for a few minutes. With this, drink and crumbs finds it's way to the plans as he looks them over while eating. He never seems to stop working. After some review, cursing, talking out loud to the cat, and drawing, he pens a note.

It reads:

'I'll do it.

-Haber'

He finishes his meal, sends the note ahead, gathers his things, checks his tools, grabs his cat, and sets off for work in the outside world.

"All teh people in Altera and yer hangin' aroud meh." He scratches the cats chin with his fattened fingers.

He may not do everything right, but he's decent, proud, and patient, well patient isn't the right word...persistent enough to get the job done...eventually. And it's almost always a comical adventure with Haber. He laughs as he locks his door, razzes his cat, and sets off down the road.

EDIT: ((Just a quick edit so that you know. I'm aware that my character will not start with tools or access to redstone or anything like that. Haber will have extremely basic knowledge, and might even be a little wrong in some places, about a lot of things, and will learn what he knows RPly from experimentation from the ground up, of course. It's also worth noting that Haber does not have a weapon.))

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Last edited: