Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

PokéWatch Eren - Volt White 2

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera

STILL RIDING THE HYPE TRAIN HARD, CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP

Standard Nuzlocke Rules:

1) If a Pokemon faints, it must be released or boxed. Permanently.
2) You cannot catch duplicate Pokemon, or an evolution of an alive Pokemon you own.
3) If you lose a battle, you lose for good.
4) Every Pokemon must be nicknamed.

Modified Nuzlocke Rules:

5) I am allowed to catch TWO Pokemon per area. This is determined by the name of the area.
6) If I defeat a gym leader, I get a free catch that I can use ANYWHERE, Regardless of the above rule.

(I am using a few action replay codes, such as the re-battle Trainers cheat, multiplied EXP cheat [actually makes the game not near as grindy as I lose Pokemon], and IV/EV checking cheat.)

Volt White 2, by Drayano, can be found here.

VoltWhite 2 is a ROMHACK of Pokemon White Version 2 that makes the game immensely more difficult, in a very similar way to the original Volt White. Level scaling is rougher, the enemies have better stats and Pokemon, and generally, you're gonna have your butt handed to you on a constant basis. The story and plot are absolutely unchanged.

In VoltWhite, you can legitimately catch every single Pokemon in the entire game, through some way. That way, you can, if you wanted, complete the Pokedex without ANY trading. Why you would do that, I don't know.

Attempt One: Geraldi
Trainer: Gerald
Started: Nov 27, 2014
Finished: Nov 28, 2014 (Team wipe, lost)

Badges:

None

Archived run

Attempt Two: Attack on Cheren
Trainer: Eren
Started: Nov 28, 2014
Finished:

Badges:

Last edited:

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
Team:

PokemonVoltWhite2_51_14419.png PokemonVoltWhite2_48_14409.png PokemonVoltWhite2_43_14392.png PokemonVoltWhite2_46_14402.png PokemonVoltWhite2_50_14415.png PokemonVoltWhite2_53_14425.png

Box:

Maleel - Corphish
Caelana - Gastly
Dayter - Prinplup
Sally - Delcatty
Sankera - Audino
Harlow - Roggenrola
Drake - Woobat

Last edited:

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
Day One
Ugghh...

Eren's time to shine.

Not gonna say much about the intro but I will always enjoy Aspertia city theme. So tranquil.

Oh, I named my rival HUGHT this time. REVENGE OF THE HUGHT.

Welcome, Rihya, to the team!

First battle, nothing to say about it; Tail whip tackle tackle tackle tackle. Rihya grew to level 6!

Challenge key has been enabled once more. I refuse to let this game master me.

10 Potions bought.

Okay, intro done, time for my first catches.

First up, Starly! Love these. I don't bother attacking, just gonna start throwing my reservoir of 30 Pokeballs.

3 Pokeballs does the trick. Time to name it.

Is a male, so... Nicholas! Welcome to the team! (@The Living Ghost )

Second catch, and it's a female Wurmple! Elise is back from the dead! (@ForestRose )

Elise learns Electroweb, Nicholas learns Quick Attack.

Turns out Nicholas was already carrying a Yache berry. I guess Nicholas looks after itself well, which is good good good.

I train them up to level 6 ea. Rihya gets level 7 and learns Ember.

I notice, for the first time, that the Pokecenters in Aspertia City and Floccesy Town are so close together it's less than a minute walk between them. Efficiency is Unova's top concern...

Potion get!

I have to get through this Youngster to get my two catches for this route... which I'm not going to to save for later this time. That was a mistake I'm not going to repeat.

Battle: Youngster Terrell

Nicholas vs Patrat! Going for the long game, gonna Growl.

Nicholas goes first, and Growl lands. Patrat uses Leer, which is better than my Growl... A critical hit will ignore his debuff but it won't ignore mine.

Tackle time. Does a bit. Bite does 6 damage, and if I estimate correctly, a critical hit will KO so I switch out to Elise.

He uses Leer on the switch. Bleargh. Bug bite time.

Patrat's Tackle does 6 HP of damage, but Bug Bite hurts a lot back too. Hopefully no critical hits happen.

Bite does 5 HP, and Bug Bite KO's. Nicholas grows to level 7!

Out comes Zigzagoon. Back to Nicholas. Zigzagoon growls on the switch, oh well. Tackle time.

Tackle still hurts Zigzagoon a bit. He Growls again.

Tackle still hurts. Yet another Growl.

The Zigzagoon avoids the KO barely, and Tail Whips. Does not matter, because Tackle KO's. Elise grows to level 7!

Battle over.

Elise is evolving! We get Cascoon again! Was kinda hoping for Silcoon, for the sake of variety, but I'll take it! Gets Iron Defense over Poison Sting.

Turns out we have to face a Lass, so I go off to heal.

Battle: Lass Isabel

Purrloin vs Rihya. Ember time.

Ember does as expected, about a third. Thief does 4 HP, not much at all.

Ember hits, Scratch does even less to Rihya. Ember KO's next turn. Rihya grows to level 8!

Pidgey sent out. Moooore ember spam.

Ember actually 2 hit KO's. Rihya grows to level 9!

Sunkern is sent out. Heh. Ember OHKO's.

Battle over.

I can catch in route 119

Paralyze heal get.

First catch is Shroomish! Neato.

Gonna name the male Shroomish... Cloud. Why not. (@The Living Ghost again)

Second catch is Sewaddle. Welcome Deryn to the team! (@Feranith )

Cloud has Poison Heal... awesome. Deryn has Chlorophyll, which is cool I guess, he'll get one shot by any fire move so that side effect of sunlight doesn't bother him.

Neither have good moves.

I guess I'll train all of my Pokemon to level 8.

That took a long time. Gah.

Battle: Youngster Petey

Alright Deryn, let's try you out - Nope spearow. Get outta here. Nicholas get in here.

Nicholas gets leer'd.

Nicholas' Tackle almost KO's. Leer'd again. Nicholas KO's next turn with a Quick Attack. Lillipup is sent out.

Tackle does over half to Lillipup, while Lillipup's tackle does over half to Nicholas. Right. Got leered to oblivion. I should be more careful!

Tackle KO's the Lillipup. Nicholas grows to level 9! It learned Wing Attack OH GOD YES.

Hoothoot is sent out. I switch out Nichloas for Rihya.

Hoothoot's Hypnosis misses on the switch. Ember time. Ember does about 40% and Rihya gets growled.

Another Ember, Rihya gets Foresight'd. Ember KO's next turn.

Battle over.

Ranch time? Ranch time.

I get two catches before rival battle. Lets see what we get.

Houndoor! eeehhh...

Deryn, what are you doing, get out of there. Rihya sent out to tank while I spam Pokeballs.

It has Howl, neat... if he was a physical attacker I would be happier.

Houndoor caught. Is male. Name is obvious. Scardrac, welcome to the team. (@Scardrac )

Taillow is next catch. No fighting types. DAMMIT.

Taillow caught. Welcome Som to the team! (@Somnastra )

Well, I have 7 Pokemon. Who do I want to deposit?

Well, My team is too weak to fire and that Rattata has flame wheel, so I'll deposit Cloud. Only for now, we'll come back to you.

Scardrac, you have Howl but no physical attacks. Guuuuhhhh. And you have Unnerve. eeeeeeehhhhhh

Team looks solid. Lets train em up. Level 8 for Scardrac and Som.

Guys, I just want to point out something.

Mareep is one of the best Pokemon. Seriously. It did this to my team at level 8.

PokemonVoltWhite2_23_23319.png

I want a Mareep. Oh well.

Rihya hits level 10.

Som learns Quick Attack. Good good.

Scardrac, I do have some good news, Ember hits really hard. Better than Rihya anyhow.

Done training.

Heal up. Rival battle time.

Battle: HUGHT

Nicholas vs Taillow. Bird vs bird. Level 9 vs level 9. Nicholas is best bird though. Wing attack!

Taillow outspeeds and Pecks. 6 damage. Wing attack? Over 50% damage. Nicholas is best bird.

Taillow Growls, which is just enough to survive another Wing attack.

But, can I Quick Attack for the KO? Answer is yes. Nicholas grows to level 10! Oshawott is sent out.

More Wing Attack spam. The Growl is a pain in the butt, Wing Attack does like 20%. Tackle does 7 HP, too much. In comes Deryn. Oshawott uses Tail Whip on the switch.

Bug Bite time. Oshawott Tail Whips and outspeeds, not good. Bug Bite brings Oshawott down to half. Deryn can survive a Tackle, Bug Bite again.

Tackle does 12 HP to Deryn, not even half its HP. Bug Bite does about 25%. Another should KO.

Deryn survives the incoming Tackle with 2 HP, and KO's with Bug Bite. Deryn grows to level 9!

Battle over.

Soothe bell get!

Healed up. Ran into a lass.

Battle: Lass Molly

Elise vs Mareep! Oh noes.

Bug Bite. Doesn't even outspeed. Elise gets Growled, and Bug Bite does pitiful 25% damage. Oh well, one more bug bite.

It's a speed tie, Bug Bite hits, and Elise gets paralyzed from Thunder Wave.

Elise gets Tackled for 3 HP, and Bug Bite. One or two more should KO. Elise takes another tackle and KO's with bug bite. Pidove is sent out.

I switch over to Som, bird vs bird. Gust on the switch does 10 HP of damage, not good. I stay in and use Quick Attack.

Does about 45% damage, and Som gets Growled. I can stay in and Quick Attack again.

It hits, Pidove now at about 30% health. Growled again.

Pidove uses Gust, leaving Som at 7 health. One more Quick Attack and the Pidove goes down. Somnastra grows to level 9! Elise too!

Azurill sent out. I switch over to Scardrac. Tail Whipped on the switch. Ember time. Ember does over 50%, and Headbutt does 12 damage. I go for Ember again.

The thing has Aqua Jet. Thankfully, only does 7 damage somehow. Nnnngghh. Ember KO's.

Battle over.

Heal up. Janitor wants to battle.

Battle: Janitor Orville

Scardrac vs Bidoof! Ember time.

Ember does pretty good damage at 40%. Tackle does 9 damage.

Ember hits again as the Bidoof growls. Ember KO's next turn. Pidove is sent out.

More ember spam! Ember critical hits for about 75% damage. Scardrac gets Growled again, does not care, and KO's with Ember next turn. Scardrac grows to level 9! Slakoth is sent out.

I decide to go for Deryn. On the switch, Slakoth uses Encore, which fails.

Bug Bite does about 99% damage with a critical hit. Truant activates. Bug Bite KO's next turn. Deryn grows to level 10!

Battle over.

I go heal up. I find the Quick Claw, which I give to Rihya. I give the Soothe Bell to Somnastra as well.

HUGHT gives me an Exp Share. I give it to Deryn and hope he evolves sometime soon like the other bug times. I can't remember when Sewaddle evolves.

Battle: Youngster Kenny

Scardrac vs Psyduck. Nope.

Elise is sent in. Takes a Scratch easily, taking 4 HP out of 30.

Water Gun, however, does 10 HP. Electroweb hits for a good 35%, but I don't want to risk the critical hit. I switch over to Som.

Som gets put to sleep by Hypnosis. Ugghh. I'll stall it out, see what happens.

Scratch does 5 HP. Water Gun does 11. I can Potion, so I do.

Water Gun hits for another 10 HP. Then another 10 as Som refuses to wake up. Potion, again. Scratch does 5 HP.

Som finally wakes up and does Quick Attack. Takes another Scratch for 5 HP. Quick Attack KO's.

Poochyena is sent out. Quick attack! Does a good 40% but Bite threatens to KO next turn. Switch to Rihya. On the switch, Poochyena Howls. Not good. Ember time. It KO's before the Poochyena can even move.

Battle over.

Frustration TM get! Done with the ranch.

Time for Alder's errand. Healing up, then battling his students.

X Speed get.

First student.

Battle: School Kid Seymour

Scardrac vs Pansage! Even though the Pansage is two levels above, Scratch only does 6 HP and Ember does over 50%.

Pansage scratches again, and Ember KO's. Deryn grew to level 11!

Snivy is sent out. Scardrac actually outspeeds and Embers for about 40%, and Ember lands a burn. Vine Whip does 2 HP of damage. Ember hits again and KO's. Scardrac grows to level 10 and wants to learn Roar! Nope.

Battle over.

Next student.

Battle: School Kid Cassie

Scardrac does not fare well against Panpour. Switch to Somnastra. Tail Whipped.

Quick Attack doesn't do much and Water Gun hits for 13 HP, so I have to switch. Nicholas it is. Scratch on the switch does 5 damage.

Wing Attack does about 45%. Scratch does another 5 HP, and Wing Attack KO's next turn. Nicholas grows to level 11, Deryn growing to level 12, Som growing to level 10! Oshawott sent out.

More wing attack. Does a little under 50% damage but Tackle does 7 HP. I switch to Elise. Tackle does 6 HP to Elise on the switch.

Elise cannot take a Water gun well, taking 13 damage. Bug Bite does little. I switch over to Deryn. He laughs at Water Gun, taking only 3 damage on the switch.

Deryn outspeeds and KO's with Bug Bite.

Battle over.

Only thing left between me and the gym is training.

I will be prepared this time.

Day Two

I did nothing but raise everyone to level 13.

Elise evolves into Dustox. Learns Confusion over Tackle.

At level 13 Scardrac learns Bite. Oh. My god.

Nicholas learns Double Team over Tackle.

Somnastra learns Wing Attack over Peck! Damage output now doubled.

Day Three

On my way to the gym, Alder pokes me again. Oran berries get!

Fresh Water get.

Gotta beat two trainers to get to Cheren.

Battle: Youngster Pedro

Rihya vs Rattata. Ember time. Does about 45%, Rattata does 9 damage with Bite.

Ember hits, Bite does 10 damage.

Quick Attack does 10 damage as Ember KO's. Whismur sent out.

I send out Elise. Tanks an Uproar, taking 9 damage from it.

Bug Bite does about 70% damage to the Whismur, activates its ability Rattled. Uproar does another 9 damage.

Bug Bite KO's. Rihya grows to level 14! Snubbull sent out.

Bug Bite does around 50% and activates the opponent's Rattled ability. Elise gets Tail Whipped.

Elise outspeeds still and goes for another Bug Bite. It leaves Snubbull with a sliver of health, and Elise gets Tail Whipped again.

Despite the two speed boosts, Elise outspeeds and KO's. Elise grows to level 14!

Battle over.

I heal up and battle the Lass.

Battle: Lass Serena

Rihya vs Pidove.

Ember does about 1/3rd, Gust only does 7 damage.

Ember critical hits and KO's. Igglybuff sent out.

Ember hits for about 40%. Rihya gets Charmed, but eh, not using physical attacks.

Ember hits, Pound foes 4 HP. Ember KO's. Rihya grows to level 15! He wants to learn Flame Charge! Amaaaazing.

Forget Odor Sleuth, Flame Charge get!

Cleffa sent out. Time to test our new move!

Not that great. Does 50% damage, but Cleffa Encores.

Flame Charge hits, barely avoids the KO. Get Sweet Kissed.

Rihya hits herself for 4 HP. Gets Charmed.

Snaps out of Confusion, KO's.

Battle over.

I know I just trained but I really want everyone at level 15.

Nicholas evolves into Staravia!

Oh my god Nicholas has Intimidate. Amazing. Ermagerd.

Deryn learns Razor Leaf!

Rihya hits 16 along the way.

Everyone's level 15. I am ready. Actually, I'm not ready, but I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

Ugh... Cheren, it's time.

Gym Battle: Cheren

Nicholas leads with Intimidate.

Just gonna start spamming Wing Attack.

Wing Attack does over 50% and Swift does 13/42 damage. Wing Attack KO's. Lillipup is sent out.

I switch to Elise. Lillipup uses Work Up on the switch.

I try for Bug Bite, it does about 45% and uses up the Oran Berry. Lillipup Works Up again.

I switch back to Nicholas. Lillipup used Tackle and brings Nicholas to 17 health.

Wing Attack KO's. Nicholas grows to level 16. Munchlax is sent out. It has Rock Tomb, I remember this.

I switch out to... literally everyone is weak to rock.

Rihya, take the hit... Rock Tomb on the switch does 20/50 damage. Good.

I use the opportunity to heal Nicholas to full health. Munchlax uses Work Up.

I switch back to Nicholas for Intimidate. Takes a Rock Tomb on the switch, down to 26/44 health. Nicholas can survive another hit. I go for Wing Attack. It does about a 3rd health, and Munchlax manages to use Recover via Metronome.

I can use Double Team. I go for it. Munchlax hits with Rock Tomb and brings Nicholas down to 8.

I use a potion. Rock Tomb misses. Great.

I go for another Double Team. Rock Tomb misses again.

Not gonna take any more chances now. Wing Attack. Does good damage, about 35%. Muchlax Works Up.

I use Growl. Rock Tomb hits, down to 12 HP.

Potion. Rock Tomb misses. I go for another Wing Attack.

Munchlax down to yellow, though just barely. Rock Tomb hits, Nicholas down to 16 health.

Potion up to 36. Rock Tomb hits, down to 18.

Potion again to 38. Munchlax Metronome's a Growl. Gaaahh. All the while, Munchlax has been healing with Leftovers...

Wing Attack. Munchlax outspeeds and metronomes a Submission, which misses.

Another attack.

NO. NO.

Munchlax METRONOMES A GIGA IMPACT WHICH HITS AND OHKO'S NICHOLAS IMMEDIATELY.

HOLY HELL.

Scardrac comes in. I have a free turn. I use Howl. Munchlax recharges.

Bite hits and flinches, Munchlax now down to red. Cheren uses a potion but Bite KO's.

Buneary sent out. Bite.

Buneary Works Up, Bite almost KO's.

Scardrac wins the speed tie and Bites for a KO. Scradrac reaches level 16. Wants to learn Odor Sleuth but I stop that.

Teddiursa sent out. Bite.

Bite flinches. Teddiursa gets poisoned by a Toxic Orb. Either guts or quick feet.

It's Guts. Bite KO's. Pidove is sent out.

Scardrac's Bite OHKO's Pidove.

Battle over.

I got the Basic Badge, but at the cost of Nicholas I am not happy...

You see? This is proof. There is no such thing as safety. You don't know when a frekkin giga impact will assassinate your favorite Pokemon.

Work Up TM... better than Howl I guess. Except Scardrac can't even learn it.

I've been harsh on our Houndour, but he did just clean up for us. Thanks for that.

I have to battle Roxanne after this too...

Bianca gives me the TM Return. Shame I had given Nicholas the soothe bell to hold. I guess Som will appreciate it.

Oh hey Cloud. Your buddy died.

I put Nicholas to rest, and put Cloud back on the team.

Cloud, you're level 8. And your movepool sucks. Training time, yet again!

Should I use my gym catch at the ranch? I need something to counter Poison for next gym...

But a Fighting type would help against Roxanne.

Gonna save it. Shroomish better sweep the gym for me.

Bianca gives me Habitat mode for my Pokedex. I actually like this feature but not really for nuzlockes.

Oh, I can do rustling grass now. Thank god.

Cloud learns Stun Spore, Leech Seed, and Bullet Seed. I forget Absorb.

Somnastra wants to learn Mirror Move but bleargh. No want.

Cloud learns Mega Drain and forgets Tackle.

Everyone hits 16, Rihya hits 17 shortly after.

Rihya's evolving!

Rihya evolves into Pignite! She wants to learn Arm Thrust.

Tackle forget, Arm Thrust get.

Rihya's Fire/Fighting, now neutral to Rock... which means prime for beating Roxanne.

I'm gonna rely on Rihya and Cloud mostly, with Deryn as backup... Elise, Som, and Scardrac won't be helping. I box them and train Rihya, Cloud, and Deryn to 18.

Am I really ready to challenge Roxanne?

... I can only hope. It's time.

Wait. My gym catch rule. I have to catch something before the gym so my catch isn't wasted.

To the ranch!

Gym catch... Lillipup!

Uh... okay.

Male Lillipup will be Athryl. Welcome back buddy. (@IceandFire )

Gonna have to box you for now.

Roxanne time. Oh god...

(Note: In Volt White 2, all of the Hoenn region gym leaders are located near their respective area gym. Roxanne is near the first gym, etc. They are more difficult than the normal, already difficult leaders. They don't give badges but I will count them for extra catches.)

Gym Battle: Roxanne

Cloud vs Anorith! It's level 11. So she's actually weaker than Cheren. Whoops.

Switching to Rihya, Cloud is weak to this.

Rihya takes 2 HP of damage from the Bug Bite. Arm Thrust hits three times, bringing Anorith down to low yellow even through Berry juice. Aerial Ace does 16 HP.

I may have trivialized this gym entirely. Arm Thrust KO's despite the Potion used on Anorith.

Nosepass sent out. Arm Thrust KO's through Sturdy and Berry Juice.

Lileep sent out. Arm Thrust wrecks it.

Battle over.

Wow... whoops, noted. Hehehehe...

Turns out Hoenn gym leaders are actually weaker.

Uh, new gym catch?

Hiker is keeping me from advancing. Time to wreck some face.

Battle: Hiker Jerome

Cloud vs Roggenrola. Bullet seed time!

Bullet Seed hits twice and barely avoids the KO. Come on Cloud. Cloud heals back up to full with Mega Drain.

Wooper is sent out. Bullet seed! One seed is all Cloud needs to KO.

Riolu is sent out. Bullet seed!

Quick Attack does 10 HP of damage. Three seeds KO's the Riolu. Cloud grows to level 19!

Battle over.

I make Somnastra forget Growl for Return. Hope you love me. You better.

Battle: Preschooler Albert

Elise vs Nidoran male. Confusion should do.

It sure does. It one shots the Nidoran.

Battle over.

Cheren arrives to teach me about dark grass. I know about dark grass.

He gives me a Super Rod though. Awesome.

I meant to avoid this preschooler but I biked too fast into her face. Oops.

Battle: Preschooler Lin

Nidoran female! Elise should confusion again.

Barely misses the KO. Poison sting does nothing to Elise. Electroweb KO's.

Battle over.

Dodge the trainer, get the Dire Hit. Bleh.

Gah. Double battle with preschoolers.

Battle: Preschoolers Lia and Lily

Sewaddle and Venipede vs Elise and Scardrac!

Scardrac uses Ember on the Venipede, Elise uses Bug Bite on the Sewaddle.

Venipede faints; Sewaddle lives and does 8 HP of damage to Scardrac. Sewaddle faints next turn.

Battle over.

Security woman gives me some Cherish Balls. I wonder if I ever need to buy any Pokeballs this game.

Virbank city. Xtransceiver call!

Mom calls, giving me no information whatsoever.

Roxie and dad are arguing.

I have to do the Pokestar Studios thing... wwhhhhhyyyyyyy.

I'll be done for tonight. Will catch stuff tomorrow.

Day Four

Uuuuugg. It's been eighteen days, sorry for taking such a long break.

Good thing I'm kinda keeping track of my catches... two to fish in Virbank city, two in the complex. I guess we can do that first.

I find an antidote in the trash. IRL antidotes are so expensive, why are they so cheap in the Pokemon world? Tons of things are venomous/poisonous, maybe they're farmed to produce 1$ drugs? Things to think about.

Brawly has been spotted. We'll have to face him soon.

Fishing... fishing...

We get a Finneon! I have never ever used these.

Elise leads, and can hopefully not one-shot it. Bug bite does about a fourth of its HP. Elise gets attract.

If we catch this, we're probably gonna replace Elise with it... her primetime has already passed, and she never did that great to begin with...

Elise gets a critical hit and the Finneon barely survives. Thanks a lot Elise. You jerk.

Finneon caught! Male Finneon will be named... Itzza! Why not. (@Itzzaboy )

(There's an account named @Itzzagirl ? Hehehehe.)

Pearl found. Next fishing catch... another finneon. Go away.

I sift through five more finneon to get a Corphish! Amaaaazing.

Alright. Male Corphish, gonna name it Maleel. (@MaelstromPuddle )

I mean, Corphish are based off of those punching shrimp, right? Corphish are badass either way.

It has a strong will to survive. Perfect.

I have Maleel, Itzza, and Athryl in the box. Who do I want to replace?

Deryn, I have a good grass type already, so we can box you for now. And Elise we were gonna box regardless. We'll put Itzza and Athryl on the team for now.

We'll go catch stuff in the complex and then get smashed by Brawly.

Four Super Potions bought.

Low Sweep TM get! Rihya learns Low Sweep over... Ember.

Looking at the moves for Itzza, will admit, could be a bit better. Water Gun, Pound, Rain Dance, Attract. Rain Dance is cool for powering up Water Gun and removing Cloud's fire weakness. Storm Drain is actually really cool, I like that.

Attack stat is 22, special attack is 18. Darn. Decently bulky. Also decently fast.

Athryl gets the EXP share to level up. Level 4 is not ideal.

A random guy in the canal trades my pokeball for a great ball. Yeah okay.

Silk Scarf get. Som would like that, and so she gets it.

I'm gonna have to do some ninja maneuvers to get past this youngster.

Battle: Youngster Masahiro

I am not a good ninja! Itzza vs Lillipup. Itzza, you're level 15, a level behind this guy, but I believe in you! Use your Rain Dance!

Itzza, you're faster! Woo! And you only take 9 damage from a bite, amazing.

Itzza, your Water Gun is kinda impressive in the rain, but you take a butt-ton from that Take Down, so I dunno if you can KO. But I can heal you so you can live!

Okay, he used Take Down again. Water Gun should KO.

It sure does. Good job, you got Athryl all the way to level 8! Athryl learns Bite.

Charmander is sent out. Pffff. Water Gun time.

You don't KO but it growls, so you're good! Water Gun KO's next turn. Athryl grows to level 10!

Battle over.

Itzza, you're looking promising. But something tells me we are not ready for Brawly, that youngster had level 16 Pokemon.

Heal up, back to the complex. I want that dark grass.

I talk to a fat guy who wants me to battle people. Okay. I was already planning on that, guy.

Battle: Lass Daya

Itzza vs a Woobat. You got this. Rain dance time!

Oh man Itzza you're so speedy, faster than Woobats. It uses Odor Sleuth.

Itzza, you need to learn how to hit harder. At least the Woobat's Gust does only 9 HP.

Itzza takes another Gust, and Water Guns to victory. Athryl grows to level 11! Cherubi is sent out.

Itzza comes back for Som. Cherubi uses Leech Seed. Ugh.

Wing Attack KO's anyways. Athryl grows to level 12! Growing fast.

Athryl learns Helping Hand over Odor Sleuth.

Vulpix is sent out. Rain stopped, though I'm sure Som's got this.

Wing Attack does over 50%, and Tail Whip lowers her defense. Vulpix gets healed a little by Leech Seed but gets KO'ed by Wing Attack anyways.

Battle over.

I try to sneak through the grass to get to the dark grass.

It worked! Got to the dark grass.

We have a choice between Magnemite and Growlithe. Magnemite would be amazing for the poison gym but Growlithe has intimidate...

I want the Magnemite. Scardrac goes to Bite the Growlithe, Som switches to Rihya.

Growlithe flinches from Bite, Magnemite tackles Rihya.

Rihya low sweeps the Growlithe, Scardrac Bites the Magnemite.

Growlithe pulls off a Helping Hand before he is KO'ed, and Scardrac grows a level from it. Athryl also grows a level.

Bite critical hits the Magnemite, and it Tackles Rihya, doing very little.

The thing consumes quite a few Pokeballs before it's caught, but I do catch it. It will be named Allindra. (@Tybalt )

I'm not gonna train it yet, but I will after Brawly.

TinyMushroom get.

I potion Rihya from taking so many hits in the wild battle.

Second encounter: Voltorb. Eeehhhh...

Scardrac, ember please. Don't KO.

Okay good, Voltorb can take two Embers before being KO'ed. Tackle does very little to Scardrac.

the Voltorb Charges, increasing special defense. Scardrac embers again, Voltorb being in low-yellow health.

Pokeball fails, and Spark hurts a lot after the Charge. I switch to Cloud to take hits.

Well, it has SonicBoom. That's cool I guess.

Voltorb caught. It will be named... Arandir. (@Tarron )

Sorry Arandir, probably not gonna use you anytime soon. But uh... enjoy the box!

So we're facing Brawly next. Who do I want to train for this?

Athryl and Scardrac have to go for now. Som, Rihya, Cloud, and Itzza can stay.

I'm thinking Maleel the Corphish and Deryn the Sewaddle, that's the best I got. I think Som will carry the team for us anyway, but we'll bring them along. Elise is an option but... eh, I dunno. Even with a super effective attack I don't think she'll do any good.

Put the EXP share on Maleel and we're good to go.

All healed up, time to train.

I can see the game getting darker as it turns 5 PM. I always liked that feature.

TM Thief get! Som can learn it, neat. Better than Focus Energy? Nah... I think Wing Attack hits everything that Thief hits harder. We'll pass.

Battle: Worker Isaac

Somnastra vs Growlithe! We got this. No intimidate. Use Return!

Oh my god som you hit like a truck. A critical hit KO's. Slugma is sent out. Return again!

It nearly KO's, and Som gets hit by Smog, dealing 7 damage. Heh. Quick Attack KO's.

Magby is sent out! Return KO's. Sooooo gooooooood!

Som grows to level 17!

Battle over.

Som is doing serious work, jeez. Sweepers for you, they hit like a truck.

Battle: Worker Mitchell

Som vs Magnemite. Darn, the one thing Som can't power through.

I bet Cloud can! Actually, no, I don't think he can. Rihya sure can though. Rihya is sent out!

Rihya takes a ThunderShock on the switch for 13 HP. Good thing Rihya has a massive 64 HP to take all these hits. Arm thrust! Goes right through the Sturdy.

Maleel grows to level 16!

Elekid is sent out. More Arm Thrusts! Rihya's Quick Claw activates and Rihya KO's with 2 hits!

Rihya grows to level 19! Electrike is sent out.

I send out Cloud to deal with this. Gets Thunder Waved on the switch, and is paralyzed, but that is only an annoyance. Bullet seed time.

Electrike uses Leer, and Cloud KO's with 4 hits.

Battle over.

I love this team, it's so powerful. I just need more tanky Pokemon to take hits for me, like Rihya.

Battle: Youngster Waylon

Som vs Mankey! Pffffft.

Don't even with your monkey. Wing Attack pummels its face in. Shinx is sent out. Intimidate activates.

Well Som, you gotta get out of there. To Deryn!

Shinx's Bite does 6 out of 49 HP. Pretty comfortable leaving Deryn in. Maybe Deryn is another tank in disguise.

Razor Leaf does a good 80% health to the Shinx, though Spark from the shinx gets a critical hit for 10 damage, and lands a paralyze. Awful luck there.

Shinx bites, and flinches.

Shinx Leers, and Tackle KO's the Shinx.

Spinarak is sent out, back to Som!

Bug Bite does about 10 HP to Som, but alas, Wing Attack reigns supreme. OHKO.

Maleel grows to level 17!

Shellos is sent out. Return KO's with a critical hit.

Battle over.

One last worker and the complex is finished.

Battle: Worker Nathan

Som vs Grimer. Som's got this, and uses Return.

A critical hit KO's the Grimer. Ekans is sent out.

Return KO's. Som grows to level 18! Koffing is sent out.

Return does about 75% and Som gets Smokescreened. I go for a Quick Attack, which KO's.

Battle over.

Fat guy gives me a Rock Smash TM for my efforts. Gee thanks.

Awful tm, especially for the gym I'm going against.

My team is rather beat up, so I go to heal up, then go hunt Audinos. I want everyone level 19 for Brawly.

Somnastra wants to learn Double Team, which I'm unsure about. Nicholas showed me it's unreliable, but Focus Energy is even more so. So I forget Focus Energy, and Som learns Double Team.

Itzza wants to learn Gust. Neat. Good for Brawly I guess. Forget Pound over Gust.

Everyone's level 19, with Som at 20.

We're prepared, time to battle Brawly.

Day Five

No messin around, we're going straight to Brawly. Gonna lead with Som, lets hope for a sweep.

Gym Leader Battle: Brawly

Som vs Machop! This thing's level 18. I dunno if I'm ready, I'm scared. Hold me please.

Som, you better sweep this! Wing Attack!

C'mon Som! You didn't even OHKO! You took a ton from that Rock Slide... Eeennngggh.

C'mon Som, finish with a Wing Attack!

Brawly burned a Super Potion. Wing Attack hits, Machop back down to 25% health.

Wing Attack next turn KO's. Machop down. Meditite is sent out.

Eehhh... Som, heal please, this thing probably has priority moves.

Super potion back to 52/52 HP.

The Meditite hits with Retaliate. Back to 8 HP.

Som heals back to full again. Psycho Cut does a metric butt-ton, bringing Som to 16 health.

I can't switch anything into this. Som, please KO.

Coba Berry halves the damage, Som is KO'ed.

OH DAMMIT WHAT DO I EVEN DO NOW.

Deryn, you're as tanky as I'm gonna get, please kill this thing with Bug Bite.

Meditite outspeeds and brings Deryn to 25/52 HP. Oh god I'm losing so many things to this.

Itzza, I hope you can come in and finish this and not die in the process...

Nope, critical hit KO's Itzza.

Rihya is sent in, fastest Pokemon I have.

Rihya uses Flame Charge, KO's, and ups Speed. Okay. I have an advantage for now. Scraggy is sent out. Intimidated.

I go for the Arm Thrust and hope for the best.

It gets two hits. Oh god why. Doesn't even do more than 40% to the thing. Revenge hits Rihya down to 34/67. So at least I can tank another one. The attack drop is unfortunate and I need it gone; Deryn can take a fighting type move.

Deryn switches in. Revenge does 8 HP. Not staying in, immediately switch back to Rihya. The Scraggy uses FREAKING SUCKER PUNCH but fails. What a cheaty freaking team, OP moves.

I go for the Arm Thrust to hopefully KO this thing.

Thankfully it does, 3 hits KO's. Makuhita is sent out, the final Pokemon. I heal up Rihya to hopefully tank a hit from this level 20 monster.

It uses Bulk Up. Oh my dammit.

I go for the Arm Thrust to hope to land a critical hit.

Three hits, does about 40%. It bulks up again. I have to kill this ASAP or I'm a goner.

Arm Thrust again. It scores a critical hit! Brings it to the red on the first hit, activates berry juice! Another hit brings it to low yellow but it only lands two hits.

The thing bulks up again.

I go for another Arm Thrust.

Only two hits. AGAIN. Makuhita uses Revenge, which punches Rihya's face off. I put Cloud in.

THE THING OUTSPEEDS AND ICE PUNCHES. Cloud dies.

I switch in Deryn. I go for Bug Bite. Does next to nothing, I forgot Fighting resists Bug, dammit. Ice Punch KO's.

Maleel you better save our asses! You have... Bubble. DAMMIT.

... Oh my.

Bubble was enough.

The nightmare is over.

Battle over.

I spend the next forever grinding everyone to 23. I catch a Wooper named Aewin. Welcome back, buddy. (@Lannis )

Last edited:

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
Day Six
Everyone's level 23 again. Team's up for current progress. Before we tackle the gym I'll check all the houses for anything important.

I get a burn heal. Yay. Something I'll probably never use.

I find a clown who wants to give me something. I have to have an empty slot in my party.

Uh, I guess I'll put you away for now Maleel. Just to get this.

WE NOW HAVE A PIPLUP. AW YEA.

Male Piplup will be Dayter. Welcome to the team. (@Deash12 )

I find a Poke-Toy. At least that's decent money.

Dayter came with a Berry Juice. You can hold onto that for the gym leader, buddy.

Don't tell Maleel he's being replaced. sssshhh.

Quickly train Dayter up to level 23 like the rest of his group.

I found a Miracle Seed I accidentally left behind in the grass on Route 20. Whoops.

Dayter evolves into Prinplup!

Dayter's movepool is now Return, Bide, Peck, and Brine. You're lookin good.

5 Super Potions and 5 Antidotes bought.

I'm out of stuff to do before the gym. Everything's explored, I've now got to face up to it.

Gym entered. I hear the music and I get my fresh water.

I bring out Dayter to battle the drummer.

Battle: Roughneck Nicky

Prinplup vs Grimer. We got an advantage, level 23 to 17. That might not mean anything though. Brine time.

Dayter almost KO's with just one Brine. Poison Gas misses. Already, Dayter has shown some fighting spirit. There ya go!

Brine KO's. Out comes Koffing. Brine KO's it too. Dayter reaches level 24!

Nidorino comes out. I send out Aewin. Nidorino uses Focus Energy on the switch. It uses Poison Sting, which does only 3 damage even with a critical hit. Mud Bomb KO's.

Aewin grows to level 24 and wants to learn Amnesia! Amazing.

We forget Tail Whip and learn Amnesia!

Dayter also reaches level 25.

Battle over.

I put Allindra in the lead and immediately start the battle with the bassist.

Battle: Guitarist Billy Jo

I dunno if this is a female or not. Allindra vs Stunky!

I go for the Thundershock. Does around 75% damage, Fury Swipes does a total of 2 damage.

Sonicboom KO's. Nidorina is sent out!

I go for another Thundershock. It does slightly over half its HP, while Scratch does about 2 HP.

Thundershock KO's, next Pokemon. Budew is sent out.

It resists electric so I go for Sonicboom spam. It dodges? I didn't even know Sonicboom could miss! Allindra is paralyzed.

I send out Scardrac. Budew does an Absorb for 2 Damage, and Scardrac uses Fire Fang. Fire Fang KO's.

Battle over.

I trudge on to the Pokecenter to heal what little damage my team had taken. It's time.

I put Aewin in the lead. He's the tankiest I have, so we can rely on him for the moment.

Gym Battle: Roxie

Aewin vs. Trubbish. We have a four level "advantage". I think we can do this. Use Mud Bomb, Aewin!

The thing outspeeds and uses Toxic Spikes. Mud Bomb misses.

Trubbish uses Toxic Spikes again. Mud Bomb hits, and does about 90% damage. Accuracy fell.

Roxie burns a Super Potion. Mud Bomb misses. DAMMIT AEWIN.

Trubbish uses Gunk Shot, which misses. Mud Bomb hits, getting Trubbish to a sliver of health.

The Trubbish explodes. Aewin takes 50 damage from a critical hit. Seviper is sent out.

I predict a Giga Drain so I switch to Allindra.

It was indeed a Giga Drain. 9 HP of damage. I go for a Thunder Wave.

Seviper Sucker Punches, Thunder Wave hits. Lum Berry cures it.

Seviper Sucker Punches again; and is paralyzed. Shed Skin cures the paralyze at the end of the turn. Good job Roxie, you gave it a freaking Lum Berry for no purpose.

Allindra uses Thunder Wave again. Another Sucker Punch. Shed Skin cures.

Only two more Sucker Punches to burn. She attempts Sucker Punch again, and Thunder Wave hits. Shed Skin cure.

It goes for a Giga Drain, and does 10 HP of damage. Allindra's at 30. Thunder Wave hits. Paralyze is cured yet again.

I coulda sworn shed skin wasn't 100%. Not gonna look it up though.

I go for a Thundershock. Sucker Punch hits, but only for 7 HP. Thundershock does about 35%.

Giga Drain, drains 10 HP. A little bit of that damage was healed.

I heal Allindra in fear of a critical hit. I pour a bottle of water on the Allindra, and the damn Seviper uses REST.

Shed Skin doesn't wake it up. Good. Thundershock.

It stays asleep this turn too. Thundershock.

It wakes up and uses Rest. Thundershock hits. It stays asleep.

Does Shed Skin not work on sleep? Or self-induced sleep?

Thundershock. It hits, Shed Skin activates. Huh. So I was just stupidly unlucky.

The thing Rests again, I go for Thundershock. No shed skin activation.

Thundershock hits. No wake up.

It stays asleep as Thundershock KO's. Good job Allindra, you kicked a Seviper's ass.

Koffing is sent out. Fire Blast inbound. Dayter time.

Dayter takes the incoming Flamethrower and is badly poisoned by Toxic Spikes. I burn an antidote to heal the poison, Dayter is now at 60/69 HP.

Koffing uses Thunderbolt. Of course. It only does 20 damage though. Brine time.

Brine does slightly more than half. Thunderbolt brings Dayter to 18 health, which could be bad. Brine should be super powered to KO the Koffing, so I go for it.

Dayter outspeeds and the Koffing is down. Croagunk is sent out.

Dry Skin makes it immune to water. It's fighting, so it's super effective against Allindra, Athryl, and Scardrac. Aewin has to come in at only 34 health and hopefully live.

Or, we can send in Arandir and see how well he does. I'll try that instead of risking Aewin.

Arandir is sent in and toxic poisoned. Normal Gem Fake Out does 12 HP and poison does 3 HP, bringing Arandir to 41/56. Tanky enough for my purposes. I antidote the poison.

Drain Punch hits. Arandir is at 22/56 HP. I go for a healing potion to bring him to full HP.

Drain punch hits, Arandir at 37/56 HP. 19 damage is kinda risky...

Charge beam. It ouspeeds and critical hits, raising Special Attack. Croagunk now at 40%.

Drain Punch hits, Arandir now at 15 HP. Croagunk heals back to green health.

I go for another Super Potion. Venoshock from the Croagunk. It does 15 HP, and more importantly. Croagunk doesn't drain from it. Charge Beam time.

It hits, bringing Croagunk to very low red. Croagunk Drain Punches some HP back.

I go for another Charge Beam. It hits, KO's, and Arandir gets another boost. Now at double Special Attack. Amazing.

Whirlipede is sent out. Arandir's at 22 HP so I heal.

Steamroller hits, Arandir now at 32 HP. I go for a Charge Beam.

It hits, and does about 30%. What.

HOW BULKY IS THAT THING.

Payback hits Arandir down to 10 HP. I use a potion.

Arandir back to 56/56 HP, and takes a Payback. Down to 33 again.

I go for another Charge Beam.

It hits, doing another 30%. Special Attack rise procs. Steamroller hits Arandir down to 9 HP. Super potion.

Payback hits, down to 33% again. Charge Beam should KO.

It hits, KO's, critical hits. Golbat is sent out. Phew...

Arandir, show this Golba who's boss. x3 damage super effective Charge beam, ANNIHILATE HIM.

Golbat gets freaking wrecked. To celebrate his success, Arandir grows to level 24. He learns Signal Beam over Tackle.

WE WIN!

Battle over.

Holy crap, no deaths. None. SUCCESS!

Toxic Badge obtained. Venoshock TM obtained. Spoils for our flawless victory.

Holy moly Arandir. Who would have known how much of a beast you would be in this match. Holy jeez.

I'm done. I'm savoring this victory. It feels soooo good.

Day Seven
It's dead quiet in the gym. Was our victory so great? Or will our hopes be smashed soon?

Oh wait. Pokestar Studios. Yeah, our hopes are gone.

Roxie please save me from the yellow haired man.

... I'm here. Great. Mr. Stu Deeoh is gonna give me a tour. Wanna tell me the origin of your name, cause you sound like a twat.

I'm just gonna get this over with...

Theater, great. Oh you want me to watch a movie... great.

An acting professional, sure. Lets see your trash of a movie.

Riolu man! Great! A superhero based off of a non-fully evolved Pokemon!

Against a Pawniard! WHAT COULD THE RESULT POSSIBLY BE

Pawniard dies, good job.

Good job, be brought a Vullaby, you're screwed. gg movie.

3.5/10 good movie

Yes, captain, be upset, shed an ocean of tears because I have an ocean to cross.

At least I get a decent quote out of this: "If you stop pursuing your dreams, your life might as well be over, right?"

Oh yeah. I have to make a movie. I HATE THIS SOOOOOOOO MUCH.

This game teaches me that I'm amazing at everything and that's not a good lesson to be giving people. Stop it.

Oh god Brycen's here. Did you fall from greatness to be stuck here?

Your dialogue even looks sad.

Oh now I'm Riolu Man, dammit. Now I'm the lame hero of this.

Ice Punch! Good job Riolu, you did like no damage. Brick Break KO's you. You suck.

Excellent movie. Game saved, movie released. Lets go see our gem.

Oh it's released instantly. The editing is gonna be sooooooo good.

Only movie in the theater is my new amazing Brycen Man movie. Lets go watch it, nothing else is on.

Oh now it's not even Riolu Man. It's Riolu Kid. Even better.

How did they green screen a costume on me? I didn't even wear one.

Good Job Riolu, Ice Punch did good. Get wrecked. GG Riolu.

Of course that's not what was supposed to happen you brat.

5.8/10 amazing movie.

Oh good, our profits from the movie are -46 BILLION.

I want to go make two more terrible movies just to drive this place into the ground.

But no I'm leaving.

Stu Deeoh catches me on the way out. Please let me leave.

A complete flop. Damn right it was. At least this hiker gives me a water bottle for it. Better than the literal 0 money I got from it. Don't even get paid.

Lemonade vendor! Yea! Lemonade lemonade lemonade. Get all 15 Lemonades. So many lemonade.

I could only afford 13. Oh well. Got good healing items.

Out of Pokestar studios. Thank god.

Healed up, ready for Castelia. Sold some items such as the Poketoy, a pearl, battle items.

Oh. Nevermind. Team Plasma is holding us up at the dock. Time to battle!

Battle: Plasma Grunt

Athryl's got the lead. Trubbish enters the scene. I'm still in movie mode. Dammit. Athryl, use Return.

One hit KO. Excellent. Pawniard is sent out.

Scardrac enters, taking a Faint Attack. A critical hit, bringing our Houndour to 36/61 HP. Fire Fang KO's on the next turn.

Sandile is sent out, intimidate activates. I switch to Athryl once more.

Athryl's Intimidate activates as well. Assurance does 7 HP, pitiful. Athryl uses Return.

Sandile is KO'ed.

Battle over.

This team is really good.

The grunts barrel through us and head to the route before.

I have to go chase them. Fantastic. Roxie gives me Cut HM.

Apparently Dayter is the only Pokemon I have that can learn it... hm...

Sorry Dayter. Gotta teach you Cut. Better than Bide.

Found you, stupid grunt.

Battle: Plasma Grunt

Athryl vs Venipede. Intimidate activates, lowering Venipede's attack.

Return KO's. Zubat is sent out.

Return KO's. Athryl grows to level 24! Athryl learns Crunch over Bite.

Seviper is sent out. Return does 99% damage. Athryl takes 20 HP from a Poison Tail. Crunch KO's.

Battle over.

Athryl, you're too OP.

I can finally leave.

I am at Castelia City.

I come back and immediately find a Heart Scale. Yay.

Clown gives me a Shiny Charm. Trying to entice me into finding all the Harlequins, but little does he know, I don't give a damn.

Battle Company. Sounds good. Lets go there.

Janitor tells me about the place. Pokemon battles, not opinion battles. Opinion battles suck, believe me, I've been on the Internet.

EXP share get!

Girl wants to know which starter I had. I want to lie but I want Charcoal regardless.

Oh, you give me Fire Stones. You sneaky git.

I found the Harlequin. wooooooo.

Go to 47th floor to battle.

Battle: Clerk Clemens

Athryl vs Timburr. Intimidate activates, though I need to get out of dodge. I switch to Aewin because I have no Fighting Type resists.

Rock Throw hits Aewin for 3 damage out of 84. I go for Mud Bomb.

Mud Bomb does over 60%, and Rock Throw does 3 more damage.

I use Return, which KO's. Makuhita is sent out.

Mud Bomb does over 60% again, and Vital Throw brings Aewin to 65/84 health. A Return KO's.

Machop is sent out. Aewin's Mud Bomb does a lot, and the Machop uses Metronome, and brings up String Shot.

The Machop outspeeds and hits with Karate Chop, Aewin down to 52. Return KO's.

Battle over.

The clerk gives me some Quick Balls in celebration of my ultimate power.

I initiate a battle with a famous spy apparently.

Battle: Clerk Britney

Athryl vs Budew. I go for a Return. Return KO's. Bulbasaur is sent out.

Bulbasaur is also KO'ed. Roselia is sent out. Roselia is KO'ed. Athryl grows to level 25!

Battle over.

Athryl is literally OHKO'ing everything. Dear god.

Battle: Clerk Warren

Athryl vs Azurill. Return KO's. Big brother Marill is sent out.

Marill barely survives with a sliver of health. Athryl goes down to 47/73 from the Bubblebeam.

Return KO's. Azumarill is sent out.

I go for a Return, which brings Azumarill down to just below half. It uses Defense Curl. I go for another Return.

Return KO's. Athryl grows to level 26!

Battle over.

I get Timer Balls for my efforts.

A scientist gives me a Scope Lens. I give that to Arandir. I switch Allindra to the lead.

Battle: Clerk Gilligan

Allindra vs Pansage. I forgot to switch Allindra to the lead. Hey there Athryl, not done sweeping entire teams yet?

Good job Athryl, you KO'ed a Pansage. Now a Pansear is out.

Oh. Well. I guess that's not living either. Panpour is sent out.

It dies too.

Battle over.

I go to the next floor. Find an Ether.

A clown wants to give me a Charmander. I'll grab that later.

Janitor wants me to battle the company president.

Battle: School Kid Neil

Allindra vs Eevee. Okay, Thundershock. Thundershock does just under half of its HP, Bite does only 4 HP back.

Another Thundershock, another Bite. One more Thundershock KO's. Allindra grows to level 24!

Slowpoke is sent out. I nail it with a Thundershock. It's nearly KO'ed, and it uses Amnesia.

Another thundershock and it's KO'ed. Mr. Mime is sent out.

It outspeeds and uses Lightscreen. Thundershock does a sliver of damage.

Magical Leaf does 8 HP to Allindra, and Sonicboom misses. Another Magical Leaf, and this time Sonicboom hits.

After another turn, Allindra is at 17 HP, and the mime is barely standing.

A Psybeam brings Allindra down to 4 HP. Thundershock KO's.

Battle over.

Hm. Allindra, that was scary there. Stop scaring me.

Left and healed; what else can we do here?

I can pay 1000 to get on the Royal Unova. I'll do that later.

8 Dusk Balls got.

Off to Liberty Garden we go!

People are saying stuff about Victini. Can you get one here?

I go inside. A small hall leading to a bedroom. Sitting inside is a Victini.

I guess we'll say hi.

Oh. Hey. Wild level 15 Victini. We're doin this!

Switch to Aewin to tank. Allindra isn't good against this.

Aewin tanks a Confusion, taking 10 damage.

Aewin is outsped and takes more Confusion damage. I go for a Return which does a good 25%ish damage.

Victini's Incinerate does 5 damage. Return brings Victini to high yellow. I switch to Acid Spray.

Victini's Incinerate does another 5 damage. Acid Spray brings Victini down to low yellow. What attacks can I use to get to red...

Dayter has Pound and Peck. Good enough. Oh, and Cut.

Dayter comes in and tanks a Quick Attack, taking 6 damage.

Dayter tanks a Confusion and Cut brings Victini down to red. Now, what status do I have?

... Allindra has Thunder Wave.

RISKING IT FOR VICTORY!

Victini uses Incinerate on the switch. Allindra is now at 26/50 HP.

... This is risky as all hell. Allindra, use Thunder Wave!

DAMMIT ALLINDRA NOOOOO!

Incinerate KO's.

Aewin comes back out. No status moves left. Just gotta start throwing Pokeballs.

I start out with regular Pokeballs. First one fails.

Second, third, fourth, fifth...

All the Pokeballs fail. I move on to Great Balls.

My two Great Balls fail. Aewin needs to be healed, so I burn a Fresh Water.

I start using some of my 30 Cherish Balls.

One of them shakes three times. Such a tease...

After 15 failed Cherish Balls, I move to Timer Balls. Only 5.

None work. Back to Cherish balls.

So many three shakes, soooo close... Only 9 left...

No luck.

I have two Quick balls and 8 Dusk balls. I don't think the Dusk balls work in this room but we can try.

First one gets three shakes. Lets go for it. We're all in now.

Oh god. Aewin faints to a critical hit Confusion.

Dayter comes in.

We did it! Victini has been caught! YES!

We've caught the VICTORY POKEMON.

V FOR VICTORY WOOOOOOOOO

Ignus it is. Welcome to the team. (@Camernater3 )

We lost two good Pokemon to this. I don't know if it was worth it or not. We'll see.

Poor Aewin and Allindra. Aewin, you let us catch this. Allindra, you damn tried your hardest.

We'll work out our team next time.

Day Eight

Back in Castelia. That was something.

So we have a Victini now, huh? Great. We lost two things but we got a fire bunny.

Farwell Allindra and Aewin. You did amazing, the lot of ya.

Ignus is talking to me. Dammit.

"Put me'n the team."

Don't need to tell me that, I was going to regardless.

"Put Scardrac away."

If we do that we'd have to use Elise. No.

"Then I demand a sacrifice."

We already lost two-

"I want another sacrifice."

... Well Alice, the Victini demands a sacrifice. Sorry Alice...

Farwell, Allindra, Aewin, Alice.

Oh... uh, hi Maleel. Long time no see right? You're not mad I hope. Oh okay, you are. Just get on the team please.

Well, now we have nothing in the box. This six is all I got.

We teach Maleel Cut so he has a grass type move. Good against those other water types.

Ignus, will you behave now that I've killed a Pokemon for you?

"Was only a Dustox. Not great enough. Blood's only pass'ble for me."

What would make you behave?

"Athryl there's lookin' good. Firm and strong--"

Okay no, I'll take my chances.

" 's your loss, son."

Okay, we need to go find something new to do. Ignus needs to level up a bit. Maleel is actually already level 23 so we should be good.

We have 7 Pokeballs in total and no money. First priority, make money.

Healed up; we go down one avenue.

Game Freak offices. Alrighty, lets check it out. Up to the 22nd floor.

We find an Up-grade on the floor. Neato.

Someone wants me to test something via battle. Ignus, time to shine.

"I'd appreciate it if--"

Battle: GAME FREAK Nishino

"Oh dammit Eren why did you do this."
Ignus vs Snorlax. 11 levels difference against us. Uh... level 26 Snorlax is scary.

We send out Athryl to abuse Intimidate. The Snorlax uses Amnesia on the switch.

I go for a Work Up. Snorlax uses Metronome and gets a Stomp. It brings Athryl to 53/75 health.

Lets try a Return; does barely over half. Good. The Snorlax Metronome's a Future Sight. Leftovers activates, healing Snorlax back to green.

Another Return hits, barely missing the KO. Snorlax yawns. Leftovers activates.

He uses a Super Potion as I go for Crunch. Future Sight hits, Athryl down to 33 HP. Athryl is now asleep.

I have nothing to heal sleep so I just try to wait it out.

Athryl is asleep; Snorlax Metronome's a Haze. Removes my attack buff. Unfortunate.

Athryl remains asleep. Snorlax Metronome's a Heart Stamp. Down to 10 HP.

Lemonade heals Athryl back to full HP. Metronome brings up a Blue Flare which misses.

Athryl wakes up and hits with Return! Barely misses the KO.

Snorlax Metronome's a Constrict, which does 6 HP. Return KO's next turn.

Athryl grows to level 27! Ignus' ultimate power grows to level 16.

Battle over.

"I am very dissapointed."

Yea I know Ignus but we need to get you more powerful.

He wants to battle again tomorrow but I don't think so. Because I'm starting to fall behind in levels, I activate the double EXP cheat permanently.

Another guy wants to battle. Want to try it again Ignus?

"I'd really rather--"

Battle: GAME FREAK Morimoto

"Oh you can just screw yourself Eren."
Ignus vs Blitzle. Come on Ignus, you got this. Use your Incinerate.

Blitzle uses Wild Charge boosted by Electric Gem. Ignus is now at 22 HP, and Blitzle takes a little recoil. Incinerate barely brings it to half, not breaking yellow yet.

Well Ignus, you tried, but you're not trained enough. Sorry guy.

Scardrac is sent out. Blitzle's Wild Charge brings Scardrac down to 15 HP. Jeeeeez.

Okay Arandir, your turn. Signal Beam. Okay, you only took 14 HP from that, good.

Sonicboom misses, Blitzle uses Stomp. It brings Arandir down to 27 HP. Lets go for Signal Beam instead.

Barely misses the KO, but Stomp brings Arandir down to 10 HP. Signal Beam again.

Super Potion's back to full health. Signal Beam does a good amount but Blitzle is still in green health.

I go for a Lemonade myself. Blitzle uses Flame Charge, which does 12 HP of damage and increases its speed.

Blitzle now outspeeds and goes for Wild Charge. It brings Arandir down to 31, but Sonicboom hits and Blitzle is at 20%. Another Signal Beam should KO.

Blitzle uses Stomp for 15 damage. Signal Beam KO's. Liepard is sent out.

I heal Arandir back to full HP again. Liepard uses Night Slash boosted by Dark Gem.

Arandir please no.

Survives with 1 HP. Oooooohhhhhh my gooooddddd.

Switching out to Athryl. Intimidate activates. Night Slash critical hits Athryl bringing him to 15 health. Eeennnnnggghhh.

Eehhh... healing Athryl again. Night Slash does only 21 HP of damage this time but a critical hit will KO...

We gotta go for it. Return! Show me your friendship!

Thunder Wave. Okay. Athryl hits with Return anyways. Does over 50%. Okay. Gonna go for another love-attack.

Night Slash hits for 18 damage. Return hits and KO's! Phew. No critical hit death. Swoobat is sent out.

Another fully evolved jerkbutt. Out to Dayter I go. I forgot to pay attention to what this Swoobat did so I'm going for Brine.

Swoobat uses Calm Mind. Raises Special Attack and Defense Sharply. That's what it did last turn. Holy damn. It has 3x special attack and defense. I may be utterly screwed.

Nothing can tank this. Scardrac is immune. I go for it.

Swoobat uses Charge Beam, Scardrac dodges. Phew. I have to dodge another to hit it. Scardrac, please bite this.

Swoobat's Charge Beam hits, KO's, and increases special attack.

Athryl is sent out. Go for Crunch.

Charge beam misses! Yes! Crunch hits and barely fails to KO....

No no no no no. Athryl please repeat your miracle. Going for another Crunch, maybe he'll use a potion.

Charge beam hits. Athryl is KO'ed.

Arandir, please outspeed and use Sonicboom. I know you have 1 HP but you have to do this.

Arandir outspeeds and KO's! Yes! Yes yes yes yes!

Arandir hits level 25!

Battle over.

Oh damn it Athryl NOOOOOOOO!

You died as a Herdier. AGAIN. You were doing so amazing. I'm so sad.

And Scardrac too. You did so much for us.

You happy Ignus? Athryl's dead now.

"Quite satisfied with your torment. It's amusing. I'll be more co-operative for now."

... At least we have that.

Arandir, do you realize how much of a clutch you are? You came in with 1 HP, were faster, and ko'ed without missing. So freaking lucky to have this.

Lets get out of this place and heal up and see if we can do anything.

We lost two more great souls today. Farewell Athryl. Farewell Scardrac.

Athryl will never become a Stoutland it seems.

Buy four more Dusk Balls.

Sewers are cut off for now, no catching stuff there. Where else do we have to go?

Bianca, I need to go catch things. Please no. I just want to go to the next route.

Oh god my heart. Just a dowsing machine. No battle. I'm spared.

Route 4. Sand to the left. Catching things. Yes. I have two catches for this route and another gym catch. We'll burn all three and see our results.

First result is Scraggy. Awesome. I like this. Maleel, use Cut!

The thing uses Swagger. Oh god no. Maleel hits himself. Sandstorm hurts both. I switch to Dayter.

It uses Faint Attack, doing 18 damage to Dayter. Sandstorm hits again. Gonna go for Pound.

Pound hits, doing a little chunk. Dayter gets Swagger'd. Sandstorm hits.

You know, I don't want to bother anymore. Gonna go for a Dusk Ball.

Scraggy caught! This male Scraggy will be Robert. Welcome back, old pal. (@ACU20 )

I attempt to leave the sand without initiating another wild Pokemon battle. Success. Heal up, then back to the sand.

Second catch is a Sandshrew! :O Dayter leads, just gonna throw a Dusk ball.

First ball is a success. Male Sandshrew will be Dummy. Welcome to the team. (@dUMMY )

Using my gym catch. We get a Minccino! Ooooh.

Another hassle-free, first Dusk Ball catch. Female Minccino will be... Aracena. Welcome to the team. (@Niah )

We have a full team again! Do we want to replace someone for the new Minccino?

It has Technician...

Nobody tell Maleel we're putting him in the box again. He doesn't have to know. Sshhhh.

Holy crap Robert, you're overpowered AGAIN. Faint Attack and Brick Break, has Shed Skin ability, and you have Adamant nature? You're destined to be amazing.

Dummy's pretty cool too. Hardy nature, highly persistent, and your defense is super good. Sand Rush might actually be extremely useful in niche situations.

Aracena has Technician, Doubleslap, Encore... awesome. Super speedy.

Training everyone to level 27. We're very under-leveled.

Day Nine
"If you don't play more often boy, I'm gonna have'ta do somethin to ya."

Thanks Ignus. I feel soooo welcomed. Where even were we? Pokecenter.

It's sprrriiiiinnnggg. Apparently. Raining too. What else can we do in Castelia before we further the storyline?

I get TM Flash in an alleyway. Okay.

Cafe found. TM Round get.

I found Wattson, the electric gym leader from Hoenn. Oh god not now. Not prepared.

Out of the cafe, onto another street. Into some unnamed building. Name Rater found.

Pokemon masseuse. Okay. Maybe if we give Ignus a massage he'll less pissy.

"I don't want no-one's hands on my--"

You're getting a massage. Shut up.

Now Ignus, feel better?

"You're dead to me, you know that?"

I'll take that as a yes.

To the second floor. Medal office. Nope.

3rd floor. Dream world stuff. Also nope.

Pokemon gym is blocked by a guy. Gonna ask him why. Burgh is apparently gone, looking for trouble Iris pops into scene.

Suspicious people hide in sewers. We got it. If I recall correctly, we have to go through the sewers with HUGHT, which is a pain for catching things. I can only afford one repel though.

Iris takes me to the sewers. HUGHT comes and asks me if I found team Plasma, which I reply yes to. No, HUGHT, I was telling the truth, I know this game.

He wants me to join him in searching. Gonna burn a repel and get through it as soon as I can.

About 30 steps to find the plasma guys. Good thing I know where they are.

Double battle time.

Battle: Team Plasma Grunts

Skorupi and Magnemite vs Ignus and Dewott. HUGHT hopefully will take the bait for the Magnemite and I can smack it with a Flame Charge.

The hit brings the Magnemite down to 1 HP because of Sturdy. Ignus' speed raises.

Dewott uses Air Slash on the Skorupi, getting a KO. Magnemite uses Spark on the Dewott. Don't really care. Raticate is sent out.

Raticate uses Sucker Punch on Ignus, which does about 25% health. Confusion lands a critical hit on the Raticate, nearly KO'ing it. Dewott's Razor Shell KO's the Magnemite.

Ignus grows to level 26! Golbat is sent out.

Sucker Punch hits Ignus again, down to 39 HP. Confusion on the Golbat brings it to about 20% health. Astonish from Golbat does only 10 HP to Ignus, and Razor Shell KO's the Raticate.

Confusion KO's the Golbat.

Battle over.

Grunts flee the scene. HUGHT makes an analogy to Pokemon because no other analogies are possible in this universe.

Burgh stops us from continuing further. HUGHT gives me HM: Strength for my efforts. YES! HUGHT then promptly leaves.

Colress also pops in. He says some sciencey-Pokemon stuff and leaves. Burgh also exits, leaving me behind.

Now we can catch stuff. I hope we get a Koffing or something.

Twistedspoon get. Ignus, you need this for more power. Trust me, it works.

"I quite like this bell. I'm keeping it."

... At least the bell is working to make him more acceptable. Uh...

I'll just keep the spoon for later.

Heart Scale found. Repel wore off.

First result... Gastly! eehhh...

Arandir comes in to help out.

It takes four Dusk Balls but we catch it. Caelana the female Gastly, welcome to the box. (@Woolsey )

Second result. KOFFING YES.

Aracena sets it to sleep, and a Dusk Ball catches it.

Female Koffing is now Beatrice. Welcome to the box. (@smurf58105 )

Exploring further in the sewer now that I have my catches. I find a Janitor. Question is, do I want to train my team as is, or get the new-comers to help combat Wattson?

Lets go back and get the new-comers. On the way back I encounter a Trubbish. We could have the pollution trio. We could be a poison gym leader, like Roxie but better.

Eh. Oh well. Back to the PC.

Iris catches me on the way out. Apparently HUGHT was mad. Iris tells me to go to the gym. I gotta beat Wattson first though.

Caelana the Gastly and Beatrice the Koffing. Got high hopes for Beatrice. Adamant nature too... though I think she's a special attacker.

We can't use Dayter, so we'll have to put him in the box for now. A shame.. We have Dummy though, we got this maybe I think. Ignus better put in some work too, you hear that?

"You better not tell me wha'to do. I am always victorious."

Right. Arandir can always come in and Sonicboom things if worse comes to worst.

Alright. Dayter exchanged for Beatrice. She gets an EXP share, everyone is healed, and we're ready to conquer the sewers.

Now, we teach stuff Strength. For those that don't know, Strength is a 75 power Rock move in Volt White, making it a very good move actually.

Robert learns it over Swagger, and Dummy learns it over Rapid Spin.

Into the sewers we go. Immediately head to that Janitor to challenge him.

Battle: Janitor Felix

Dummy vs Stunfisk. Coolio. I think we got this. Dummy, use Magnitude!

Magnitude 7. Does a good 65%. Dummy tanks a Mud Bomb, down to 62/81 HP. Dummy goes for a Cut, which KO's.

Dummy grows to level 27! Beatrice grows to level 18, and wants to learn Sludge. Much, much better than Smog.

Cinccino is sent out. Dummy's got this. Magnitude!

Cinccino uses Sing, which misses. Magnitude 7 does a good 75%. Good job.

It goes for Tail Slap, which hits 4 times. Down to 29 HP. Cinccino faints to a Strength.

Beatrice grows to level 19!

Battle over.

Dummy's doing great. Much proud of our Sandslash. Heal him up with a Lemonade, further exploring the sewers.

X Special found. Worker found.

Battle: Worker Zack

Dummy vs Drilbur. Another easy matchup. Use Cut!

Dummy is faster and gets a critical hit with Cut, scoring a KO. Beatrice grows to level 20 Darumaka is sent out.

Magnitude 7 easily KO's. Dummy grows to level 28! Joltik is sent out.

Dummy outspeeds and KO's with Strength. Easy peasy.

Battle over.

I find an entirely empty room with a trash can in the corner. Okay. Dunno what that means but... sure.

Doctor found.

Battle: Doctor Heath

Dummy vs Chikorita. Switching out to Beatrice, her first battle.

Beatrice comes in, and avoid a Grasswhistle. Beatrice outspeeds and uses Sludge, nearly KO'ing and getting a Poison. Takes a Magical Leaf well, down to 33/48 HP.

Heath uses a Full Heal, but Sludge KO's. Beatrice grows to level 21!

Solosis is sent out. Back to Dummy.

Dummy comes in on a Snatch, which fails. Night Slash next turn, outspeeds and KO's with a critical hit.

Swadloon is sent out. And we go to Ignus.

Ignus easily takes a Bug Bite, only receiving 9 damage. Flame Charge OHKO's.

Beatrice grows to level 22!

Battle over.

The doctor gives me an illegal, unwanted booster shot and heals my Pokemon. I want to smack him but I am not given the option.

He also offers for me to return for drugs. Ew no.

Found the Leftovers. Amazing. Putting that on Robert for now.

I find a Scientist making medicine out of sludge. She says it's super successful and haves me a Revive. Completely useless. At least I can sell it.

Out of the sewers. I find a small park. I would catch stuff but not very many Pokeballs. Back to the Pokecenter.

I buy as many Dusk Balls as I can handle. I now have 2 quick balls, and 6 Dusk balls. I can manage.

Back to the park. Choice between green or dark grass. We...

Shaky grass.

A... Delcatty. Hhhmmmmmm. I expected an Audino.

Alright. Lets do this. Never used a Delcatty. Aracena attempts to use Sing. Delcatty is asleep.

Dusk ball catches! This female Delcatty will be... Sally. (@SallyPirate )

Gonna go for another shaky grass catch.

Moon Stone get.

Shaky grass... Audino. Okie.

Quick Ball catches it. Male Audino will be...

Sankera. (@Sankera )

Alright, we're done here.

Oh? There's another area above here. Relic Passage.

Two more catches? Yes please.

Roggenrola. I like this.

Quick ball instacatch. This female Roggenrola will be... Harlow. (@Cali )

TM Smack Down get.

Next catch... Woobat. ECH.

I like Woobats but they never work. I hope this one lives to the point where it works.

Sing sets it to sleep, and a Dusk Ball catches it.

Drake the male Woobat. Welcome to the team. You have a heart for your nose. (@jakp25 )

We caught so much stuff today. Lets explore the rest of this cave, and battle the stuff tomorrow.

Hard Stone get. Harlow will like that.

That's all for the cave I can reach. The rest is beyond ledges. Oh well.

We'll battle the trainers tomorrow. And finally, face Wattson.

Last edited:

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
Day Ten

Missed me?

It's Gym time. Burgh is waiting for me at the top of this silken maze. Our team is as prepared as it will ever be.

Lets smash some clowns.

Battle: Harlequin Clarence

Clarence sends out a Combee. Dummy is sent out.

With his Strength, Dummy charges into the insect, KO'ing it instantly. Dummy grows to level 30! He wants to learn how to Dig, replacing Magnitude.

Pinsir is sent out, breaking the mold. Dummy once again charges forward with his Strength, dealing heavy damage. Pinsir tries to Harden his defenses, but it is already too late. Dummy charges again, KO'ing the Pinsir.

Burmy is sent out. It stands no chance, as Dummy knocks it out effortlessly.

Beatrice grows to level 30!

Battle over.

One down, more to go. Crawling through the clingy silky tunnels, I found my next victim.

Battle: Harlequin Jack

The jester sends out a Shelmet. Dummy knows the drill by now; using his Strength, the Shelmet is brushed aside for an easy KO.

Beautifly is sent out. Dummy is still more agile than even a butterfly, charging forward with his Strength and knocking it out. Dummy grows to level 31!

Karrablast is sent out. Once again, Strength lands a KO.

Battle over.

Our Sandslash friend is just making this way too easy. Hopefully we can keep this up.

Battle: Harlequin Gary

Gary sends out his Paras. Dummy is sent out.

An easy knock out. Beedrill is up next for the chopping block.

This one has some fight in it! Outspeeding Dummy, the Beedrill lands an X-Scissor, getting a critical hit to top it off. Dummy takes almost half its health in damage, and retaliates with a fatal Strength attack.

Yanma is sent out. Once again, Dummy charges forward, knocking it out. Mothim is sent out.

I have a doubt that Dummy outspeeds this. For safe measure, I send out Ignus to take care of it. Mothim tries to use Protect, failing.

Ignus uses Flame Charge, knocking out the bug, while raising its Speed. Out next is a Butterfree.

Charging forward again, Ignus ignites the butterfly, knocking it out.

Battle over.

I switch Aracena to the front to make the next fights a little more interesting.

And up next is what appears to be our final Harlequin, before the bug master himself. Let's do it.

Battle: Harlequin Anders

Dwebble is sent out to combat our Minccino. Not a great matchup, but regardless, I try to make it work.

I aim to put it to sleep with Sing. It hits, rendering the bug helpless. I go for Swift to hit its Special Defense. It ends up doing over half of the Dwebble's HP, surprisingly, while the bug still sleeps.

Swift hits again, and knocks out the Dwebble. Beatrice leeches some EXP and grows to level 31!

Ninjask is sent out. Frail but fast. I command Aracena to go for the Tail Slap. Night Slash from the Ninjask does a good amount of damage, while the Tail Slap knocks out the Ninjask in three hits.

Durant is sent out. Aracena is gonna have a hard time combating this, so I send out Ignus to take care of it.

Durant uses Bite, which does a good amount to Ignus as he comes in. Almost half of its HP in damage, though it was a critical hit.

Ignus is faster, and nails the ant with a Flame Charge. It KO's it easily.

Battle over.

I heal up our team, in preparation for the final duel. Dummy takes the lead, with Robert behind him in case of a double battle. I approach Burgh, ready for my challenge.

Gym Leader Battle: Burgh

Single battle: Dummy vs Accelgor. I imagine this thing has a grass move waiting for me, Giga Drain if I had a guess. Beatrice can take one of those easily, so I switch her in.

Energy Ball hits Beatrice on the switch, dealing 18/70 damage.

This thing is very fast, so I imagine Gyro Ball will do a ton of damage. I go for that.

Accelgor uses Focus Blast, which does 24 damage. Beatrice is now dangerously low, at 28 HP. Gyro Ball hits, bringing Accelgor to down below half. Critical hit.

Gyro Ball wouldn't KO, so I decide to use this turn to heal Beatrice to full health. Focus Blast hits again, dealing 26 damage.

I go for Sludge, hoping the STAB would make it enough to KO.

Accelgor uses Rain Dance. It has Hydration ability, so I think it's going to be doing something sneaky with that...

Sludge barely misses the KO. With only a sliver of health, Accelgor gets a Hyper Potion to heal back to full HP. Beatrice uses Sludge, getting a good chunk of damage. This should be able to kill in two more hits.

Focus Blast hits again, bringing Beatrice down to 19 HP. Sludge hits again, bringing Accelgor into KO range, I think. I go for the heal again, just to be safe.

Beatrice is fully healed, as Focus Blast misses. Good, I have a few turns to beat this thing now.

Accelgor uses Focus Blast one last time, dealing 25 damage. Sludge hits, and the Accelgor faints.

Beatrice grows to level 32!

1 down, 5 to go. Escavalier is sent out, posing an enormous threat to anything I have...

Beatrice can't do anything, so I have to switch. Ignus would hurt with its Flame Charge, but the Rain would weaken it. I think my best bet is to heal Beatrice, to see what it does, and stall out the Rain turns.

Escavalier uses Iron Head, which does 30 damage. I heal again, waiting for Rain to end... 8 lemonades left.

Iron Head again. Does 33 damage. Rain still up.

I heal Beatrice one last time. Iron Head does 28 damage, and the rain finally ends. Ignus' time to switch in.

Ignus takes a critical hit Iron Head on the switch in, taking 29/104 damage. Good, Ignus can take a few hits maybe...

Flame Charge time. Escavalier is hit, and eats an Occa Berry. The Flame Charge's damage is cut in half, letting Escavalier live with just under half health. Ignus then takes a Megahorn, head on...

Megahorn hurts. A loooottt... Ignus is at 30 HP. Flame Charge should be enough to KO now.

Escavalier faints, leaving Ignus at double speed. Masquerain is sent out. Its Intimidate ability cuts Ignus' attack, making it unwise to stay in.

Dummy comes in to take the incoming attack. That attack is a Scald. Dummy lives with 15 health, barely surviving. This isn't something Dummy can beat, so we have to switch again...

Robert should be able to survive a Scald, hopefully. I'm not sure. This thing is also making it tough to switch in. We go for it anyways.

Masquerain uses Icy Wind. Robert takes it fairly easily, only taking 17/70 damage. Now we have Strength to KO this thing.

Masquerain uses Scald. Robert's now at 27 HP, but he avoid being burnt, and gets to use Strength. Masquerain only takes 60% HP from it, which is worrying...

I go for the heal on Robert. One more Strength should KO. Masquerain's Scald brings Robert down to 40 HP, so we can survive another one.

Robert takes one more Scald. Down to 5 HP, and he gets burned. Robert's dead... and Strength doesn't KO now. With a sliver of health, the Masquerain will survive...

Robert's Shed Skin activates, sparing him of burn damage. He lives to see another day!

We immediately heal him to full health. Masquerain goes for Signal Beam, bringing Robert down to 38 HP. Leftovers heals 4 health at the end of the turn, giving me the room to barely survive another Signal Beam.

Masquerain goes for Scald. It hits, doing much more damage than I expected... and Robert is knocked out.

Arandir is sent out to finish this off. Arandir outspeeds and uses Charge Beam, KO'ing the Masquerain. He even gets a special attack boost. Dummy grows to level 32! Beatrice grows to level 33! Ignus grows to level 31!

Leavanny is sent out. Arandir goes for Signal Beam.

Signal Beam does a good amount of damage, but not enough to KO in two hits. Leavanny uses Leaf Blade...

... and Arandir falls. Not even a critical hit. Aftermath activates, dealing a hefty chunk of damage to the Leavanny.

Ignus is sent out. He outspeeds and KO's the Leavanny with Flame Charge, gaining a speed boost. Scyther is sent out.

I heal Ignus back to full HP, hoping he can take a hit. Scyther uses Swords Dance, doubling its Attack stat.

I go for a Flame Charge again. I just gotta power through this Scyther before it powers through me.

Flame Charge does just over half of the Scyther's HP. It goes for the Aerial Ace, which is incredibly powerful...

and Ignus takes it rather nicely, with 50 HP left. He has to KO though, because another Aerial Ace spells doom for him.

Flame Charge hits, and KO's. Scyther's down, and Vespiquen is sent out. Last Pokemon, and I think we've got this. Flame Charge!

Flame Charge does over half of Vespiquen's HP. Its X-Scissor only does 22 HP. Another Flame Charge ends it. Ignus grows to level 32! Beatrice grows to level 34! Beatrice learns Sludge Bomb over Sludge.

Battle over.

Two deaths... not good...

Insect Badge acquired.

TM 81: X-Scissor get.

A small consolation, but you take what you can get, right?

Last edited:

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
tis why I kept my request to a specific type~
You're still asking too much, I'm early in the game and electric types are not common early game. I recommend just posting a character name, I'll look up the character profile if there is one and judge accordingly.

Section two is up! Will continue to section three right now!