Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Erishti's Whitelist Application [Accepted - Jase]

Erishti

Villager
Erishti
Erishti
{Introduction Section}

Minecraft Username: Erishti

Country & Timezone: United States

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?: Yes

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?: Metagaming is when you take some piece of information given to you out of character and relay that to your character or another character regardless of if they would not have known about it through any in character means. It purely doesn’t make sense for a character’s brain to just be filled with knowledge at a moment’s glance for no apparent reason. Example: X person is about to get robbed in character, and in a group chat they tell Y person to come and help their character. If Y person decides to bring their character to help X person, they metagamed.
Powergaming is when you do something with your character that they realistically would not have been able to do, such as finding some magic staff without help from a staff member and using that too, say, kill someone. It can also apply to killing other characters unfairly, without giving the player a chance to do anything to prevent their character from dying. In my own experience, powergaming has been used to circumvent realistic roleplay for the benefit of people and their characters, regardless of the circumstances that led to their character’s suffering or the impact it had on other players and/or their characters.

Do we allow X-ray mods or X-Ray texture packs?: No

Tell us about yourself!: Hello! I like to go by Erishti The Ent, but feel free to call me Erishti or just simply Eri. I love all things nature-related (that's why I felt Forest Elves were the perfect choice for me). I've been doing Minecraft roleplay for about 4 years and have a lot of experience; I L O V E to build on Minecraft and just chill with friends. My other hobbies include art and penpalling. Some of my other favorite PC games are Skyrim (of course) and Stardew Valley. : ) Nice to meet you all!

Referral: After some recent, purely harrowing experiences with some friends we've all needed some downtime, and I decided to come to this server to just experience some chill roleplay. I was recommended this server by a friend.

{Character Section}

Character Name: Vulluin Vandre-fel

Age: 22 Maturity-Wise; Not entirely certain on Elven Aging practicalities.

Race: Elf (Forest)

Appearance: My character is fit with deep, dark brown hair often adorned with leaves hidden inside of it as if he had been running through dense brush and had gotten twigs stuck in his locks. His hair is very long, reaching down to his lower back where it meets his clothes and its density is almost as thick as wires, creating a lot of fluffiness and volume, especially for a character like Vulluin who runs and jumps a lot. He often wears his hair in long braids. His lightly tanned, fair, and sunkissed skin compliments his forest green eyes, often being scuffed with mossy residue or outright messy from falling in some mud.
Raggedy and worn, he hasn't had new clothes in quite a long time. Although it is part of his culture and he accepts it as such, he mildly dislikes hunting and would rather spend his time foraging in the wilderness for odd mushrooms and herbs to brew. His trousers are loosely made from an old bear pelt, held up only by a quite precarious belt that seems as if it would snap at any moment. A surprisingly comfortable cloak fashioned with dried leaves is draped over his back and tied at the front with an old, rusty clasp. He often refuses to wear shoes as he claims they're "restrictive" and don't allow him to feel as close to nature as he typically is.

Picture of the Skin:
1634974679310.png
Written Test (Min: 400 words): While wandering through a forest, Vulluin remembers his past as he passes a tree he knows from his distant childhood. A tree which he climbed on, a tree which he ate his first piece of candy with when he was 43, a tree which he loved. This tree happened to be a large camphor tree, its minty scent throwing him off guard as he wandered towards the large beast and placed his hands on it, slowly caressing its familiar bark, reminiscing. As he did so, a tiny rabbit came bouncing along the forest floor, darting from bush to bush trying to hide. It caught Vulluin off guard as his instincts took over and he tried to chase it down, eventually tripping on a piece of flatstone and falling onto his hands, scuffing them up heavily. Immediately, he was again taken back to his childhood where an almost exact similar experience occurred. In this particular memory, Vulluin’s father had rushed to him, first telling him to pull /himself/ off the ground /before/ helping him, wiping his pelt vest off of debris, and giving him a word of advice. His father’s advice was this... “If you fall, you must pick yourself back up. For this is what keeps us alive”. ‘What a profound statement’, Vulluin had thought all of his life, and especially now as he pulled himself off the forest floor and dusted his poorly knit-together clothes off. He had forgotten this principle recently, falling to the creekside in terms of his recent duties in the Grove and feeling like he had no purpose, or that his purpose wasn’t as useful as he had originally thought. It was when he had lied outside in the grass for only one day, that he realized it was time to find something new, something different to be good at. “Perhaps a hunter?” he pondered to himself “No, I was never fond of that... Perhaps a builder? Not feeling it.. last time I picked up a hammer I hit my thumb pretty badly. Perhaps a tailor? I probably wouldn’t do too great at that either, not to mention how boring it seems. Forager.. maybe…? Scavenging through the woods to find hidden truffles and flowers? Sounds wonderful!” he said as he snapped his fingers and a grin spread across his face. He immediately got up and went to go forage for his Grove and his self-esteem, a hobby he loved dearly ever since discovering it was right for him. Now he’s a token forager by heart, going out of his way nearly every day to satisfy his hunger of finding something new in the underbrush of the forest with his rusty little dagger by his side along the way.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.