Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Event-Chain] The Hunt for The Demonicon

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Untitled.jpg

The Hunt for The Demonicon

Kublai gave an elaborate explanation to a group of students about the basics of Demons.
At the end of the lesson, he announced that he found evidence of three heretical books:
Once there were 100 copies of a book co-authored by a demon, sent to all corners of the world.
All of them were destroyed, yet it seems that three of them have survived the flames.

This will be a very low-profile campaign, much like the search for Melzar was. That means it won't overshadow your usual RP.
You can still do the main server campaign or do whatever you're doing. Regard this as a side-quest for extra fun and goodies.
That doesn't mean it won't be super fun! I'll give hints and puzzles that the participants have to solve and we'll do a few events spread out evenly.
I'm gonna drag you all over the map, making use of its most exciting places and most beautiful views, to delve into history and have a true adventure.
All of this to hopefully ultimately find a complete edition of The Demonicon! Success is not guaranteed, it all depends on what the team puts in!

Current Party (12/13) :
Freia - Goldbeean
Luna - Opal
Monty - TidalTerror
Aelnic - Astalgon
Avalyn - Juvix_
Andrew - Mr.Slime
Granny - Dappest
Aki - Sir
Athryl - IceandFire
Aimie - ToastySpam
Candice - Galaxy
Kethron - Heie

These people signed up during the lesson. If others want to join too, just comment below with your character's name and I'll be in touch!

This thread will serve as an overview. I'll update it with new finds. I'll make a separate convo with all participants where I'll post puzzles and the like.
We might eventually also need a small discord server to vote on different times and dates for events. We'll see!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mechanics

Throughout these stages, you always have the power to do whatever you wish. Very few things are yet set in stone.
I am going to allow anything to happen as long as it's IC motivations causing it and not OOC or META.
Feel free to immerse yourself into this story and let your character react to whatever they're faced with as they would.

Stage 1 - Following up on rumors
During this stage, the characters will be introduced to the concept of Demons and the Demonicon in particular. The lesson on Demons at Frostwarts marked the start of stage 1. It is at this time that characters form their opinions on why they should or shouldn't go looking for the books. It is possible that some characters come to the conclusion that they prefer to opt out, while other new characters might still join the adventure. During stage one, characters start planning how to go about this book hunt and what strategies to use. It is possible that separate groups split off from the main group if convictions do not align. Everyone is encouraged to make the most of this, RP is as RP does, so use each other's skills to your advantage. Stage one ends when Kublai believes all characters involved have made enough preparations to start on this possibly perilous journey!

Stage 2 - Piecing together the clues
Stage 1 turns into stage 2 the moment the first clues and puzzles are given. During this stage, the adventurers will be confronted with riddles and puzzles. Clues will be given, which may lead to new clues. Both stages 1 and 2 do not feature any events yet. They take place on the forums and in-game, as characters try to figure out the whereabouts of one of the three books. Stage two ends once the characters have acquired enough information to attempt a search for the first book. Small personalized DM's of 5 to 15 minutes may take place to build some hype for the next stage.

Stage 3 - The search itself
Stage 2 turns into stage 3 the moment the characters set out on their first search. Stage 3 is therefore marked by the first actual event of this arc. By the time this stage is reached, characters will know that communicating with a demon is incredibly hard, so even when they've solved all puzzles to get to the first book, they'll still have to make sense of texts that seem to make no sense at all. Stage three continues until all three books are found, whether that is by the same group of characters or not. Once the first book is found, the adventurers return to stage 2 to decipher new riddles and find the second and third books. There's more to each separate book than just that, but I can't tell you more than this without spoiling some of the fun!

Stage 4 - Endgame
Stage 3 turns into stage 4 only when all three books are brought together. Thus it is quite possible that the endgame is never reached, should small groups have split off from the main group and decide to keep any of the three books to themselves. It could also be that this endgame will be triggered in the far future, who knows, as long as the three books are brought together. In the case that all characters do come to an agreement to put three books together, a special final boss event will be unlocked and the full power of the Demonicon may be observed, its secrets revealed. This is what those many weeks of riddles and events have all lead up to. Be Prepared!

In the end, keep in mind that this will spread out over a long period of time. This is not something you can actively do every day a week and then expect to find all the books within 10 days. It's more of a background sort of thing that you can keep returning to whenever you like. Happy Hunting!

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
This will be a very low-profile campaign, much like the search for Melzar was. That means it won't overshadow your usual RP.
Melzar: Essentially kills three people
Melzar: Am I a joke to you?
Literally this-- Lana is still traumatized from losing all her friends. It was her first step towards her current mindset of "everything is temporary, enjoy the moment for nothing lasts."

If this is anything like the Melzar hunt, this WILL have lasting impacts on our characters! :mad:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Literally this-- Lana is still traumatized from losing all her friends. It was her first step towards her current mindset of "everything is temporary, enjoy the moment for nothing lasts."

If this is anything like the Melzar hunt, this WILL have lasting impacts on our characters! :mad:
I never said it won't have lasting impact on your characters. I said it's low profile; it won't interfere with the campaign or other going ons in respect to how much time it consumes. Of course, it wouldn't be a Bartolini event-chain if it was bland and didn't have any effect upon the characters involved!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron

Fortune

Legend of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
___Fortune___
___Fortune___
Patron
Is this event still available?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
It's already in full swing, so sign-ups are closed.
Once it goes from the forums to in-game events, there might be an availability to join, if the characters that are already actively involved have a reason to take you with them.

Thanks for the interest though :)