Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

extreme server lag

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Eyup!

The server is lagging a lot. Opening chests and doors takes 3 full seconds. Flying around transports me back 30 blocks every time. Blocks keep respawning.
My internet is doing fine, got no downloads running, did a test, all is good. But the server is pretty much unplayable at this point.
Did the server not have its usual restart?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I believe they are doing a dynamap render to fix the dynamap issue, which is the source of the lag until it's completed. Solus

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I believe they are doing a dynamap render to fix the dynamap issue, which is the source of the lag until it's completed. Solus
Ah thanks for your reply, good to know it's not some unknown issue that arose due to the update or something :) I'll wait a bit then!

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I thought I paused dynmap render last night, but server restart picked it back up. I’ve cancelled it for now. I’d like to update dynmap on all its renders, but I will most likely set a proper weekday for it. It takes 1-2 days by the look of things, but it causes lag and slows chunks down. A public announcement would be made later.

It’s friday and you folks should be able to play properly. Let me know now things look now.