Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Faeborn's Application [Accepted - Jase]

Faeborn

Legend of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Faeborn

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Canada! (The french speaking part, but I'm bilingual)

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I have read the King's law, the code of conduct and some of the player's guide. I've brushed the ''Core'' of the Official lore, but didn't take the time to read it in its entirety at the time of writing this.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is playing above the knowledge of your own character. It means that someone who has lived an uneventful childhood in a forest can't arrive in the city with precise knowledge of a vampire's weakness. Powergaming is the concept of refusing to concede a victory. Character development has to go through failures. A powergamer will, for example, roleplay being the best archer the realm has ever seen and then spend all of his days roleplaying in the inn while denying the opportunity for the constantly training archer to win an archery contest.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Of course not. Is not allowed any mods that grant any type of advantage whatsoever against the vanilla player.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Tiberione

8. Tell us about yourself!
Well, I'm an IT professional with a lot of time on my hands. I LARP almost religiously during the summer, I play weekly games of D&D as a DM and I'm even starting my own company. I've been playing minecraft since Infdev (The patch that included the procedurally generated world) and have never really been able to quit it. I've been roleplaying on here for about as long as that. I'm rather secretive about my name, gender, sexuality and, well, anything personal. Nothing against you guys.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I consider myself an able builder and writer. Not exceptional in any regards, but above decent. I don't have anything saved on my computer that could attest for it, so you're pretty much going to have to believe me on that one.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Planet Minecraft did!

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Jal'Shaiya Koumen

Character Age:
41 Fadmas

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Purple hair, pink eyes Jal'Shaiya has an unmistakably sooleran heritage. Braided light brown hair flick and sway on her back with each of her footsteps. Her eyes, a pale brown that leans towards gray, blends in well with her tanned complexion and a crowd of soolerans. She stands at a tall 5 foot and 9 inches tall and, although there is clear sign of frequent physical activities, her build stands rather unimposing.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
rsz_5c491df99ff6b.jpg

Written Test!

"Calm yourself, Ish'Shaiya"

The girl was fuming, pacing. Her fists were clenched and trembled by her sides in an almost comical fashion. She stormed up and down the small slope that led down to the riverbed. The horses, attached nearby, took a few steps away from the emotional tempest, by precaution.

"It's not fair, Harim! Not fair at all! I found the man! I sold him the items! He was going to bite and buy!" the teen shouted, kicking the relatively still body of water while spinning to climb up the hill. "But no! Idiot Ve'Chadam snooped in, lowered my price and pocketed the coins!"

Jal'Harim quietly listened, her attention divided between the rants of the fuming teen and the nigh-instinctive stuffing of his pipe. Up the hill, worried whispers and the sobbing of a boy could be heard. The cooking fire was slowly waning but still cast its shadow between the colorful drapes hung over the caravans. A male figure walked in from two tents. Without turning his head, Jal'Harrim silently shooed the man away with a free hand, urging him to return to the rest of the caravan. None the wiser of the small scene that had happened behind her, the girl had finally regained enough composure to attend to her fist. She knelt by the river and gently brushed her hand, the fires of anger slowly letting way to the cold winds of regret.

"Perhaps you're right." The elder said, setting the pipe between his legs. He pulled out a miniature knife and a metallic stone, stripping the stone with the knife to send sparks on the dried herbs. "Maybe it was unfair. If your brother hadn't interfered, we may have fetched a few more coins." A budding flame cut his current sentence short. He rapidly brought the pipe to his lips and began breathing in rapidly to fan the flames. His grand-daughter raised her voice in defiance during the short distraction of the man. A single hand up and the teen's words stopped dead on the tongue. "That may be the case. But what you did tonight far outweighs the palmful of coins missing from Jal'Kari-wal. You've drawn the blood of your brother, but for what? Satisfaction? Tell me, is your fist satisfied? Are you proud?"

The girl remained silent. The cries above the hill had grown more silent. The wind occupied the silence, broken by the occasional thump of a horse hoof shifting. The silence was heavy. The kind of silence that would stop a caravan dead in its tracks. Seconds felt like minutes. And they were soon to become hours had the elder not started talking once more. "That is not our way, child. It has never been. I taught you how to fight to tame that fire inside of you and to protect your family. The weapon that ends wars is-"

"far from the hand and deep in the mind." The girl cut, already too familiar with her mentor's peculiar wisdom. Most of it fell deaf on her ears. For the moment at least. "I-" Shaiya took a deep breath "I'm sorry. I... It just comes to me. Like the sun to the morning. I can't control it."

"Don't mistake incapacity for weak will. Now, you will go apologize to Ish'Chadam. And complete his chores."

Ish'Shaiya let out a heartfelt sigh, nodded and slowly made her way back up to the caravan.

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, the realm tangled with the Behemoth Qlippoth, awakened by monsoon rains and with which came the Ashen Blight plague and eldritch abominations. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through its tenacity and reverence. The memories of the trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the heavens fall and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Alters awaits . . .

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Sorry about the delay but without further ado ~!
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+
Faeborn