Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Fallout 4 - Playthrough Logs and Discussion thread

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend

Fallout 4 is on Xbox game pass and I've been playing it a lot recently. Found out that console mods are a thing for this and skyrim, so I decided to buy all the DLC and start modding my game. In this thread I'll basically talk about my current playthrough and hope you guys will do the same too :)

Current Playthrough:
Mods -

+ Fallout 4 unofficial patch (I was told its necessary)
  • Everyone's Best Friend (Dogmeat does not count as a companion slot, can be taken with others)
  • K9 Tactical Armour (Armour for doggo)
  • Heather Companion Mod (A cool companion mod)
  • TANK UP! (Companion power armour acts like Danse's)
  • USO (Settlement assets mod, allows me to use all of the game's assets not just the workshop ones)
+ Wattz Laser Rifle (Awesome Mod! Adds in the laser rifle from 1 and 2, its super fun and has some cool uniques)
  • Wasteland Something Experience (I have forgotten this one's name, but its really cool too.)
  • FCom (Calling in troops to help you is awesome.)
+ There are more. More with each day that I find more mods.
Character Name - Brett
Character Backstory - As per the vanilla story, Brett was a patriotic pre-war military soldier, served in the US Army, Mechanized infantry. It was in the army he met his wife, Nora, a lawyer-turned-medic. After rotating back into civilian life, Brett and his wife are left to take care of their nephew whose parents, Nora's sister and husband, were KIA. Having been accepted into Vault 111, Brett amends his vault papers to include up his newly adopted child/nephew.
Bombs and cryogenics ensue, leaving Brett the Sole Survivor of Vault 111. Nora was murdered by a mercenary at the behest of a scientist and his nephew Shaun was kidnapped. Heartbroken and emotionally torn, Brett returns to the only thing he knows and knows well- soldiering.

Faction Alignments -
  • Minutemen - Brett has taken up the mantle of Minuteman general, so that he can earn money. He has vague ties to their ideals, but at the end of the day the allure of caps is what keeps him around.
  • Brotherhood of Steel - Brett is yet to fully join the Brotherhood of Steel, but he shares their views on Synths, Mutants and Ghouls. He intends to serve them as loosely as they will allow, akin to a third party mercenary.
  • Institute - Brett despises their Synth programme and is hearing increasing rumours that they may be behind his nephew's kidnapping and the murder of his wife.
  • Railroad - What kind of group deems the survival of machines over mankind to be right? The Synths are weapons and will inevitably turn, the Railroad are traitors to America for protecting them.
  • Gunners - There is a respect for their job and their commitment, but he is not beyond killing every last one that sends a bullet his way.
  • Raiders - They seem to favour survival of the fittest over morals, Brett understands this while not agreeing with it. He knows, however, that they're no match for him and whatever squad he rolls with at any one time.
Companions -
  • Dogmeat - A loyal doggo.
  • Heather - A trader whose home was destroyed by Kellogg and Synths.
  • [Slot Open] - The mods above mean the vanilla companion slot is still open. I am unsure who to take.

I will update this thread with short updates here and there, as to how Brett is growing in the wasteland. I encourage anyone who is currently playing to do the same!

Raal

Media Gal
Legend
Raalvara
Raalvara
Legend
I've been wanting to play the silent hill mods that people made for Fallout 4 that make it way creepier.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
I've been wanting to play the silent hill mods that people made for Fallout 4 that make it way creepier.

i have seen so many mods recently that make me want to try them, but i want to do a full runthrough of one modset first.

however, speaking of Creepy Luam and I played an AWESOME mod. search for "Cannibal in Concord" its got no combat, really, and its a LOT of investigation, but it was one of the more intense and visceral experiences in we've had in FO4 I reckon

Raal

Media Gal
Legend
Raalvara
Raalvara
Legend
i have seen so many mods recently that make me want to try them, but i want to do a full runthrough of one modset first.

however, speaking of Creepy Luam and I played an AWESOME mod. search for "Cannibal in Concord" its got no combat, really, and its a LOT of investigation, but it was one of the more intense and visceral experiences in we've had in FO4 I reckon
That sounds amazing. I'm one of those people that when I get back into Fallout 4 or Skyrim I automatically load up like 50 mods off the top of my head. I end up with too many....

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Brett Playthrough #001
OOC changes:
I have added the following mods. Brett is now level 13, as I have been playing throughout the day.
  • Place Anywhere
  • Danse Dilemma
  • See Through Scopes
  • Full Dialogue Interface
  • S.C.A.P
  • Improved Map with visible Roads
  • Faded Glory
  • Minutemen General's Uniform replacer
  • CC's HD Standalone Flags
  • NPC Overhaul
  • Dogmeat Helmets and Hats
  • Better Armory Mod
  • Ground + SMM
  • Gunner Outfit Pack

IC updates:
  • Brett leaves the vault. For three months, he acts as a mercenary throughout the Commonwealth, mostly guarding fat-cats in Diamond City for easy pay. (The playthrough mods started me in Diamond City. The time spent there can determine level, I wanted to start at level one, so I chose the least.)
  • After a few months, as work in the city hits a dry spell, Brett decides it is time to face the facts and heads back to Vault 111 to confront his losses. He finds Nora's frozen corpse and retrieves her ring, swearing vengeance.
  • On his way to Concord he meets Dogmeat and finds a home in the Red Rocket Truck Stop. It is here that he begins to work on his gear and finds a radio signal for a Casdin Caravan Company, outside of Covenant. He decides it will be a good idea to try and see what that is all about.
  • He meets with Codsworth in the ruins of Sanctuary Hills, who directs him to the nearby town of Concord. Here he meets Preston Garvey and defeats a rather standard tribe of raiders, to rescue Garvey's settlers. Preston offers Brett some jobs and pay for the work done, which Brett readily accepts.
  • Whilst on track for a job with the Minutemen, Brett comes across a caravan trader named Heather Casdin. She asks to join him in his travels in the Commonwealth, which he accepts as she offers a good pay for little effort.
  • Once more, whilst on the road for a Minutemen contract, Brett comes across a radio signal. On a military frequency, Brett's curiosity is piqued and he investigates. It is here that he finds the Cambridge Police Station and helps stave off the ghoul attacks. He accepts the contract to assist the Commanding Officer of the station in scouting out a place called ArcJet, but informs him that his other jobs take prescedence and that he will return once he is ready.
  • Brett then continues on from Cambridge to help eradicate the raiders holed up in the Corvega factory, thus earning himself the rank of 'General' in the eyes of the minutemen. There is no emotional attachment to this rank from Brett, he sees it only as a means to earn more caps and call upon fire support as and when necessary.
  • On the way back to Cambridge, Heather informs Brett of her bunker nearby, to which they make a detour from their intended destination. Heather informs Brett that there are places she'd like to visit in the Commonwealth and that she would pay him handsomely if they go there, so Brett complies happily.

Wertologist

Lord of Altera
I usually do a zombie and/or Last of Us run. I get mods to make everything green, but still destroyed. Like nature took it back. Then I make every settlement into some pre-war structure of some kind that was turned into a base in the wasteland. For example, I usually turn the Slog into a school and I send all my child settlers there. Starlight is prime for big buildings once you scrap the screen. I usually make that into a pre-war luxury hotel. Floors for settler housing, power, food, merchants, and even companion rooms so they get personalized rooms. Then I save the top floor for myself as a penthouse. One file, I turned Sanctuary into a church-ground. Scrapped half the roads and placed a bunch of church buildings including a massive church and a cemetery. Made all the guard settlers and some others wear pastor clothes while everyone else wore normal stuff as "refugees". Sometimes I turn Finch Farm into a mall and parking garage that was fortified for the apocalypse. I usually turn Red Rocket into a police station and make all the settlers wear cop clothes and have them armed with shotguns and pistols. Sometimes I turn Star Light into a military base. Last playthrough, I started to hollow out all the buildings in Hangman's alley and houses inside so it actually felt like a city space. Then I started building a skyscraper office building where I the important leaders of the "government" would stay nice and safe. I usually turn Greentop Nursery into a big hospital full of doctors and patients. I usually turn Oberland Station into a big prison and throw guards and inmates in it.

I try to make all these structures look like they were real buildings from pre-war that were just used for new things amid the apocalypse. So everything had to be thematic.

I spent most of my time just building the world rather than roleplaying. It was really hard to roleplay in that game as it pretty much forced you to be the same character every single time. There really wasn't room to role play as another character. You're always the sole survivor and that doesn't give much room.