Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Farryn's Whitelist Application [ JoeJoe - Accepted ]

Faryn

Loyal Servant of Altera

1. What is your Minecraft username?

Farryn

2. How old are you?
19 years old

3. What country are you from?
England

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yep, I’ve read all of the links.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the act of using OOC knowledge in roleplay in order to gain the advantage over people or get your character out of a tough situation, despite them not knowing such information IC. For example, Bob was told over discord oocly that his friend, Jerry, is being attacked by two bandits on a road. Jerry gives Bob the coordinates to his location and Bob and his friends hurry to where Jerry is to rescue him. It is also metagaming information regarding a character, such as your character suddenly knowing the person they are talking to is a mage, despite your character never meeting them.

Powergaming tends to have two definitions. It can be the act of having a character that is overpowered, such as a Silver Elf being able to use ten different forms of magic and is capable of bending the very fabric of time and space. Whereas it can also be avoiding attacks all the time and making it appear as though your character is invincible. Lastly, powergaming is emoting your attacks as if they did hit directly.

For example, Jerry takes his sword and rams it clean into Bob’s chest, killing him instantly. When it should in fact be: Jerry takes his sword and thrusts it towards Bob’s chest, aiming to bury the weapon in his chest.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Given that these mods and texture packs help give an unfair advantage on the server, I am presuming not.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Squidziod (Squidziod, DoolinDesperado)

8. Tell us about yourself!
I enjoy writing books for a living, my novels focusing more on dark fantasy with a cruel side of reality to them but holding elements of hope and light to them. I also enjoy drawing digital art, although I am not a major expert at drawing. Aside from those two hobbies, I enjoy video games such as Dragon Age, Dragon’s Dogma, and Neverwinter - turns out I like DnD, but I need to actually play a session.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-P_pSvABr4xrMHqMjTNXrNX23eYddoEEKx3PLmE_0sY/edit?usp=sharing - my writing.

Ascending.jpg
One of my drawings.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Nope. No referral

-------

Character Name:
Athani Del’ras

Character Age:
Twenty Five

Character Race
Silver Elf

Appearance:
Athani is a 5’9ft female Silver Elf. She has a noticeably thin body build, lacking a good amount of muscles to her and is slender, while her her facial features are smooth and elegant, like all other elves. Her eyes are a grim silver colour, signifying nobility, yet her light coloured blonde hair reveals lower class. Her outfit consists of a white tunic with an elegant corset over the top, with grey blue trousers over her legs. Around her waist is a belt with simple pouches for money and small pieces of equipment, and a rich blue cloth hanging down the middle. A pair of grey travelling boots on her feet. Over the top, she wears a fair blue cloak, held by a golden brooch with a teal gemstone within and includes a hood that is generally over Athani’s head.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

https://gyazo.com/f503014579a8740c0e00ed046b72ebac

Written Test!
Athani was not having a good day.

The Silver elf scowled at the dirt covering her attire, her left eye twitching in clear frustration as the cart that splashed her went trotting by. Rain heavily battering down on the worn out path, and the clouds darker than the elf’s eyes.The driver should be thankful she was the only one of her family here, else he would have been easily dragged out from the cart and forced to apologise-

Athani paused and the scowl faded away from her lips. With a soft sigh, she brushed away some of the mud leaking down from her cloak. Once again, she was trying to be high and mighty, despite the fact she was not such, even if she was a Silver Elf. Even if her family held a relatively noble appearance, the actions of her grandfather begged to differ. The elf’s gaze turning soft as she started walking down the path once more. In her mind, a memory began to form.

“Mother, why do the others pick on me?”

That was a question ten year old Athani often wondered and finally decided to ask. After the children and adults around the town teased her and remarked about “‘Filthy lowly Del’ras!”, excluding her from their groups and games, young Athani questioned why. She held back on answering, hoping the bullying and names would go away but they did not. Thus Athani decided to ask.

Her mother look to Athani, lowering the cup of tea she was sipping. She was much like an older version of her daughter but bearing rich raven black hair and rather dull clothing than other noble families. Her grey eyes became soft at the question, a pained knowing look forming upon her face.

“Because you are a Del’ras,” her mother’s melodic voice replied.

Athani blinked. “But why? What does being a Del’ras mean? What did the family do?”

Her mother gently picked up the girl and sat her upon her lap. “I was hoping to tell you sooner, little one, but I will tell you now as you asked.”

“The Del’ras family, our family, once served an important role within this town. We served as its researchers and educators, generations of our family were teachers and taught many of the outside world. We ran the library and protected the knowledge within, ensuring it was not abused,”

Athani nodded, listening with pure interest. Her ears perked up at full attention.

“However, your grandfather, Abraxis Del’ras, abused knowledge with the help of your two uncles. He was a reknown Alchemist and doctor but… his ways of research grew barbaric. He kidnapped non-elves and elves alike, experimenting and cutting them open for his research… no one knew why he was taking such measures but many were fine with such until…”

“Until…?”

“He killed a fellow Silver Elf, little one. The townsfolk heard what he had done and they in turn killed him for the crimes he committed, along with your two uncles… yet they grew to distrust us. We no longer ran the libraries, no longer did we teach the young. Instead, the town grew to despise us and soon our family’s name became narnished in hate and the glory we held long gone.”

Little Athani took in the story, a soft frown forming on her lips. “He shouldn’t have done that… that was very bad…”

Athani’s mother barely managed a smile, but even the little girl could see what it was full of grief. “Yes, little one… it was.”

Athani’s mother passed away only a few months ago, from a deadly infection which she gained from one of the townsfolk throwing a rock at her. They underestimated the wound and soon the woman was on her deathbed, with no healers willing to aid her. It was Athani who had to bury her, and the elf soon departed from the town that had forsaken her for the crimes of her grandfather.

“...mother, I will regain what was lost from us both, I will regain the nobility and honour of our family,” Athani looked up to the sky with a deepened frown, feeling the rain’s cold embrace upon her. “And I will see that our names are not tarnished anymore.”

At that, the elf made her way down the path, heading towards a nearby village.

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
Great Art! I suggest taking a look at our other artists here, it seems they like to band together and learn some stuff together. Hope you do well.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Last edited by a moderator: