Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Fate3's Application [Accepted - Raalvara]

Fate3

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

A: Fate3

2. How old are you?

A: Nineteen (19)

3. What country are you from?

A: United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?

A: Of course. It'd be hard to ace the writing test without the information!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming: Any application of OOC knowledge that is used to influence and determine a character's actions and opinions. In these situations, characters tend to know more than they're supposed to, and rely on the player's reservoir of information to make decisions. This is incredibly unrealistic for the character, and equally frowned upon outside of role-play.

Power-gaming: While this term is occasionally interchanged with God-moding, Power-gaming is defined by an unreasonable amassment of power or sway that's concentrated in one character. Specifically, this power can be split into two separate sections of Power-gaming. The first being that a character emotes in a way that allows little or no room for a response from any other character affected by their action. Doing so takes away from the fun of roleplaying, and guarantees something that otherwise requires player consent to do. It's not a favorable method of play. Secondly, Power-gaming can also refer to a character that is far too strong for their experience. They gain unsightly power for no reason at all, and possess no development to back it. Equally as terrible, and certainly not enjoyable to role-play with.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

A: No. (Though, honestly, I've never seen a server that has.)

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

A: Squidziod

8. Tell us about yourself!

A: Well, for starters, feel free to call me Jay or Fate: whatever works better for you. The former is my nickname, and obviously the latter refers to my IGN. Either way, I'm your typical college student. As far as the basics go, that's about all you'll really need to know about my background. In regard to my hobbies, I really enjoy listening to music, writing creatively, and watching interesting television. Specifically I prefer EDM, Classic Rock, Lyrical Rap (Not Mumble), and Country when it comes to music genres. As for television, I'll watch just about anything as long as it's thoughtful: animation always seems to catch my eye the most though. Otherwise, I've been roleplaying for a total of around eight years and consider myself to be somewhat proficient. Not gonna say that I'm very advanced or anything, but I'm definitely looking forward to roleplaying on the server: that is, if I can get through this application.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

A: Not currently, but perhaps I'll make some of my work shareable in the future.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

A: The internet referred me, if that counts. That said, I'd be happy to claim that someone did: if that meant they'd receive a reward for it. Not assuming that it's transferable in that way but, if possible, I'd love to give such a prize to someone that's really been a help to the server lately! Anyway, not a big deal if that's not possible!

About Your Character!

Character Name:

A. Petrias Achard

Character Age:
A. Twenty-Seven (27)

Character Race:

A. Human

Appearance:

A. Born the largest of his brood, Petrias stands well above most others at a resounding 6'2" and weighs in at about 216lbs. His frame is notable, and his posture rarely lilts in the presence of others. Truly a sturdy warrior, the male possesses several scars that range across the majority of his lightly-tanned body. Specifically, these knicks and scrapes can be found on both of his pectorals, along the width of his forearms, and down the length of his back. Aside from these wounds, Petrias is seemingly devoid of other markings or oddities.

That said, his facial features are probably the most drawing characteristic about him. Startling blue eyes and pitch-black, ear-length locks fittingly contrast his slimmed nose and equally lengthy beard. His skin in this area is just as tanned, but appears to lack many of the scars that predominantly overtake the rest of his body. Though, one probably won't notice upon first meeting him.

Petrias tends to hide the majority of his traits behind a burly, hap-hazard amalgamation of steel: otherwise known as a shoddily made suit of armor. Very typical in its design, the attire is cast in a dull, dirtied gray: presumably built-up over years of wear and tear. A simply designed, lightly slitted helmet conceals his face and makes the cold visage that much more apparent when one approaches him. What does stick out, though, is the "Valiant" insignia etched into the breastplate: a reminder of his oath to loyalty.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

A. Trust me, it'll be fine.

Written Test!

A. The embittered knight sighed solemnly into his ale, setting down the mug as he thumbed the dulled radiant in his palm. Petrias, still inconsolable, relentlessly eyed the remainder of his earnings. "This can't be it...surely it can't." The male groaned softly, digging his freed fingertips into the oaken table beside him. He'd been so wasteful, and the worst of it was that he'd no idea. It infuriated him, knowing that he'd lost control in such a way. Nearly casting the coin from his grasp, the knight restrained himself as a pair of feet entered his downward peripheral. Raising a brow, Petrias quietly craned his neck back to lay sight upon the newcomer. A male, well-seasoned and surely past his prime, offered a wry smile: his crow's feet twitching gently as his eyes too fell upon the meager wage. "You're looking for work, I presume?" He inquired, the blunt edge apparent as he croaked out the question. Petrias skeptically eyed the man's attire, casting a glance to the approacher's bare feet to make his point inherently obvious.

Offended by the notion, the elder scoffed before reaching a pruned arm into his robe. The knight squinted, unsure of what was to come from this peculiar display. Fortunately, the newcomer simply removed a leather encasement from his inner pocket before tossing it loosely onto the table: the solid thud and distinct 'clink' of the contents causing Petrias to focus his attentions to it. "I could take my proposal elsewhere, if you think you're too good for it." His raspy challenge incited a fiery response, Petrias ascending to fully face this crass old-man. "What's in there then, rocks?" Petrias bluffed away the excitement in his tone, shaking his head with a dismissive "Hmph" as he sat back in his chair. The elder's smile widened, a twinkle in his optics as he spoke again. "No, no. Just radiants. Now lemme ask again, are you looking for work or not?"

Interested by the prospect, Petrias felt his brows lighten as they danced higher on his head. "Aye, I am. I assume you're aware of the type of work that I do?" The knight concealed his radiant upon balling his fist, lightly tapping the insignia scrawled into his breastplate. The elder nodded, chuckling heartily before shrugging his shoulders. "You think I haven't seen your kind in all my years? Bah, anyways. Yes! I do have work for you: if you're willing." The mischievous tone teased a subtle smile out of Petrias, his hand reaching across the table to grab an opposite chair before sliding it closer to them both. "Take a seat then, lets hear what problem I can help you solve first."

Last edited:

Raal

Media Gal
Legend
Raalvara
Raalvara
Legend
Hello there! Your application is almost ready to be accepted, but one small detail must be changed in order to be accepted.

Human Males have a maximum height of 6'2". Please adjust your character to fit within this frame.

For further reference, you may look at this page: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/humans.39232/

Fate3

Villager
Amended, pardon for making such an assumption. Seems I missed that tidbit in my initial read-through. Anyways, there you are!

Raal

Media Gal
Legend
Raalvara
Raalvara
Legend
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.