Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

February Newsletter 2.1.2021

Tideborne

Not A Pirate
Legend
Staff
Tideborne
Tideborne
Sweetheart
newsletter.png

Waterday, 1st of Snowdown, 2308
Server News

✾Server Policy Updates, Announcements, & Changes
  • The Grand Cathedral -- Looking over all of the city of Storm's Landing stands the Grand Cathedral; the one building in all the lands home to all of the Pantheon. This place is considered the most sacred and holy place of all shrines and temples, a place of devotion and dedication. [x]
  • PR Admin & Staff Hires -- Hello there, for the sake of transparency I will be outlining the current plans in motion regarding PR [Player Retention] and attempt to address concerns with it. [x]
  • HollowCrafting: Grandfathering (Professions) -- Hello everyone! The time has come. We near HollowCrafting's exit from beta, and that means that all of you who had craftsmen before will finally have your character's time and skill represented. [x]
  • HW 2021: HollowCrafting, Magic, and More -- Hello everyone! This post is a lengthy one. There will be an index just below where you can fast-forward to sections you care about, but I encourage you to give the whole thing a read at some point soon, as this post contains information important to everyone. [x]
✾On-Going Server Facets
  • Great Suggestion Thread -- Staff requests the community help us out in showing us what you think needs working on or needs updating. [x]
  • Plugins & Game Commands -- Updated our plugins to 1.15! Now including a shop plugin that actually works! [x]
  • Region Highlight -- Every month from now on we will be trying to highlight a particular region, if you would like to have your region considered please submit! [x]
  • Support Tickets -- Support Tickets are still available for utilization of all members of the community for increased ease in contacting staff and logged/recorded tickets so less is forgotten. [x]
  • Contributor Perks -- When contributing to the continued operation of the Hollowworld server a number of titles and other possible perks cane be gained. [x]
  • [Looking for Events] -- Event Request Thread - This thread is made in order to better help players get events with as little direct involvement on their part as possible. [x]
    • Temporarily on hold for the month of February.
  • Harvesting and Crafting Plugins -- New to Hollowworld are a pair of plugins that help to bridge the gap between IC and OOC skills.
    • Crafting Plugin Guide [x]
    • Crafting Plugin Feedback + FAQ Thread [x]
    • Harvesting Plugin Guide [x]
    • Harvesting Plugin Feedback + FAQ Thread [x]
Events

✾Campaign Events

There is currently no active server Campaign, but do look out for events hosted by the Events team when they pop up and check out the following links.
  • [Looking for Events] - Event Request Thread - This thread is made in order to better help players get events with as little direct involvement on their part as possible. [x]
    • Temporarily on hold for the month of February.
  • A Note on Spontaneity and Player Initiative. [x]
✾Player Events-- Currently scheduled player events include the following.
  • [Sallana] Tackling the Tenets - Feb. 2nd 3:00 p.m. EST - I call forth all who wish to learn more about my mother. In unpacking her tenets- the life she calls her followers to live, perhaps I can bring clarity and understanding to those lost to our lives. [x]
  • Sanctification - Feb. 3rd 6:00 p.m. EST - Ritual Sanctification [x]
  • Festival of the Wilds - Feb. 5th 6:30 p.m. EST - A group of Theodrans plan on hosting a festival out in the Wilderness, somewhere on the outskirts of civilization as to not disturb the true wildlife.A time to leave the troubles and chaos in the cities and to enjoy yourself and meet new people. [x]
  • Agriculture Lesson One: Crop Rotation and You - Feb. 6th 3:00 p.m. EST - In the newly opened halls of the Veiled Athenaeum, in Linlea, Professor Theodosius will be hosting a series of lectures intended for those interested in commercial and hobby agriculture. [x]
  • A Party for the First Year - Feb. 7th 3:00 p.m. EST - All friends and family of the Valhart family are invited to a birthday party celebrating their daughter's first birthday. [x]

• Make sure to check the calendar or front page of the forums for any new events. [x]
1565300668765.png

Recipe of the Month

✾[Heart Cake] --
  • Six cakes in a questionable heart shape. -- With February here, Valentine's day draws closer. Make sure to make plenty of cakes for the occasion.
35bebd368021b6b83ad8775562fe85e5.png

Credit to Elz for recipes and pictures. [x
]

Riddle of the Month

If you think you know the answer to this months riddle PM Tideborne, the first five people who get it right will be featured in the following issue of the Newsletter along with the answer, and receive a 1000 radiant cash prize.

✾Last Month's Riddle --

Last months riddle was: I fill the sky, a blanket across the world. My touch, gentle enough to carry fresh fallen snow but power in turn to shake all foundations. But you will never see me, you will hear my wail.
  • The answer to this riddle was: Wind or Air
The first five people to get it right were..
  1. Celestea
  2. Mudpaw11
  3. Blorbis83
  4. kaiser_harding
  5. Sophe
This Month's Riddle --

This months riddle: You have one, as do I. As does each tree and stalk of grass, every burbling brook and crashing wave, and every animal be them furred, feathered or scaled. Truly, all that inhabit this revolving world. What is it?

✾Next Month's Riddle? --

If you have a riddle that you would like to have featured on the newsletter, feel free to PM [Media Coordinator]. If it's used in one of the Newsletters to come you will receive 5000 radiants in game. Extra points if it's lore related!

border_gold.png

hwglobe.png

Last edited: