Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Fire] Connor Hayden

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
(Mom said it's my turn with the angst)
———————❖———————

1619476441502.png
"There is a bitter triumph in crashing when you should be soaring"

———————❖———————

Character: Connor Hayden
Elemental: Fire

1. Moved out of Halbed to avoid the cold
2. Papers that would normally be crumbled and tossed are now immediately burned
3. Does more work at night now so he can use candlelight rather then relying solely on the sun as a light source

———————❖———————

Update Log:

26th of Truebirth: Bonded

"I am losing my mind with these senseless scribbles I pretend to call progress"
After burning the majority of his notes and study material in a large bonfire. Connor quickly found himself in the presence of a fire elemental that he then bonded with willingly (10).

10th of Sporebloom: Trapped
"It all happened so quickly."
With a trapped trigged, the young man found himself stuck in a burning room. His elemental assisted in survival and likely thrived in the situation but unfortunately the mortal vessel suffered serious injuries.

17th of Lightshine: Enthralled
"Well, I suppose there is no going back now..."
Sitting in candlelight, his gaze shifts to stare at the dancing flame. The feeling of violence consumes his mind, and he feels himself impatient in his seat. He feels the flame drawing him in, as if a comfort. He would stand up, and keep the candle in his hand as he'd pace. His desire growing to burning things.

———————❖———————

Abilities:

[Blaze] Flickers of flame can be willed to the fingertips and not burn them, providing the hands are not wet. (21)
[Emberwalk] They can walk on hot coals/surfaces, and feel no burns to the bottoms of their feet, though it should be noted anything above the ankle can be felt. (3)
[Ignite] They have the ability to will candles to re-light themselves providing they are within a ten block radius. (32)

[Blaze II] Whilst flame can be willed to the fingertips as before, they are also able to will it into their palms to ‘throw’ a ball of fire (think the size of a tennis ball) providing it is not overly windy around ten blocks in any direction. They are unable to muster the energy to throw more than five of these in any given day. (0)
[Ignite II] They may will extinguished fires within hearths or campfires back to a full flame. (0)
[Brand] They can leave a handprint upon any surface to leave a burning of it, though it does not ignite. This may also be used to leave a burn in the mark of their hand upon a living thing. Additionally, this spell can be used to heat up the contents of say, a tankard, to almost boiling. (2)

———————❖———————​

Last edited:

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron

Book 9 | The Epilogue
1683169478706.png
- — ❖ — -​
"You wish to hear a story?"

"I do yes."​

"What kind?"

"How many do you have?"​

"Enough to fill pages, yet they still pale
in the presence of a wiser man's"

"Should we start at the beginning?"​

"Need you still hear it after
so long?"

"I suppose not"​

"Then let us start here, and let us end here."

"That's not much fun"​

"Perhaps, but perhaps it will be. Unfortunately,
that's not up for us to decide"

- — ❖ — -​
1683169413854.png

"Lament over names until someone asks of a rose"
1683430024220.png1683430479371.png
- — ❖ — -​
1683492711756.png

Compromise
/käm-prə-ˌmīz/ verb

]| to come to agreement by mutual concession​
]| to cause the impairment of​
]| to adjust or settle by mutual acknowledgments​
| Book 01 | Entry 7 |

I'd forgotten to write Cadence a letter on time but I'd found myself so busy in the Landing. Perhaps my letter is to open with 'you were right about leaving home' but I don't need to give her more things to tease me with. There was an opening for the Azarin Hall I'd gone to. Gambling wasn't something I enjoyed but I did get to meet a man seated on the water fountain outside. He was rather odd but his friendliness was somewhat reassuring after too many cold faces.

- — ❖ — -

- — ❖ — -

Full Name:
Connor Lee Hayden

Other Names:
+ "Firefly"
+ "Bard"

Race:
Human (Vyre)

Date of Birth
9th of Truebirth, 2283

1683575918826.png
1683567697254.png
| Book 02 | Entry 02 |

The stasis is over and I was in need of a new book. My last grew spotty in details
but I suppose that is only to disappoint my future self on the matter. Um, You won,
I think that's the main note. I unfortunately do not remember anything of the battle,
I'd been told I died but that's not exactly something one easily makes sense of overnight.
The headache is fading, and that's the positive I wish to focus on

| Book 02 | Entry 29 |

The count requested my audience this morning, and I wasn't against the excuse to depart
Halbed. I could've sworn the cold feeling in hands lingered till Sanardu but I suppose the
entertainment of the auction made it somewhat worth it. Who knew so many cared for a
metal bee. Perhaps I'll have to ask Ardaric about it some time.

| Book 02 | Entry 33 |

Raigo will not stop pestering me about the new title. I know he means well but I needn't
the new eyes when I'm simply wishing to run some errands. Perhaps that is too much to
ask for knowing him.
"Pity those who desire to gain control over chance, as they live looped within patterns"
1683590655204.png1683590812542.png
1683578191222.png
| Book 03 | Entry 19 |

I sent in a resignation, perhaps it was inevitable but I cannot ignore how unprepared I was How naïve I still am at times. It's a challenge that overwhelmed me. I believe that apt enough reason for another should take my spot, I need quiet, I need to reorganize my mind.
1683578408817.png
| Book 04 | Entry 42 |

Halbed is still as cold as ever. I know I am from the south but it's been months here and I swear I have yet to adjust in the slightest. Garrett visited, and while I haven't looked in a mirror lately, I couldn't ignore his worried look at my state. It's still too loud here...
1683578653255.png
| Book 05 | Entry 05 |

I wish paper wasn't a good form of kindling but I suppose it makes use of this empty journal. I'll be smart about it but I cannot allow my mind to be pathetically lost within these senseless scribbles any longer. I left to get better, to improve, and now I sit alone with an elemental feeding me addictive empty promises.

- — ❖​
— -​
| Book 6 | Entry 11 |

Pacing, how easy one can get lost when they pace. How your mind almost leaves the room
and returns with answers you have no recollection of gathering. A tangential statement I
apologize but I find motivation with this elemental. Coerced to not ignore it but why does
that bring me to Blackrush. I mean I know why but, had that man, James, had he not asked
me my reasons for being there, would anything of stopped me? There was a tree I'd made
note of in these pages, it's stood so firmly I would not have been surprised if it was older
than the settlement it resided within. I had confirmed it wasn't near any of it's kin or
any structures either, a detail only important if one is about to burn that tree...

1683934447626.png
1683937392349.png
| Book 7 | Entry 1 |

Hospitals need more paintings I've decided. The
walls are rather blank and I am convinced I have
seen moving shapes when I look at them long
enough. Perhaps I am just finding patterns the
same way one would with clouds. Perhaps I
just frequent here far to often.

"Play not a requiem for embers that still glow, lest you forget their potential"
1683944188962.png
- — ❖ — -​

"...and that brings us here"​
"It just ends there?"​

"You sound disappointed"​
"A little, I mean, there is no resolution"​

"Not yet, but that is where we are
now, a new book"​
"Without conflicts, right?"​

"Life doesn't work that way I'm afraid but
we've an endless amount of entries to
achieve a resolve"​
"And do you think we will?"​

"I think we're terribly overdue for a
good ending"​
"-And once it's over?"​

"Ease, you needn't worry about that
for a while yet"​

- — ❖ — -​
1683944216717.png

Last edited:

JustTheEngineer

Country roads, take me home
Evil
Legend
Retired Staff
JustTheEngineer
JustTheEngineer
Evil
1623971376227.png
Connor Hayden would be sitting in candlelight, his gaze shifting to stare at the dancing flame. The feeling of violence consume his mind, and he feels himself impatient in his seat. He feels the flame drawing him in, as if a comfort. He would stand up, and keep the candle in his hand as he'd pace. His desire growing to burning things. His appearance would shift over the coming days, as would his personality to this new reality.

He is now Enthralled, please see the details attached in the spoiler below and update his Spiritblessed profile whenever you get the chance.​

[ ENTHRALLED ]
═══════════════

Appearance || Ranking up results in a change over several days in which the speckled eyes become far more obvious, the entire iris becoming red, orange, or a mix of both to result in the hues of flame with a faint glow. The veins in the hands and feet turn to the colours of embers all the way up to the knees and elbows, and some become prominent around the eyes and the middle of the chest. Fingers and optionally the entire hand becomes blackened.

Personality || One of the more major drawbacks to this rank of fireblessed is that the individual becomes far more violent, impatient, and volatile, with a growing disregard for others. They are also, to no real surprise, budding pyromaniacs, with an obsessive want to burn things which is the elemental inside of them trying to grow more powerful and expand its own domain.

Strengths || They are greatly at home in hot places, even near the ashlands, and suffer no drawbacks in regards to being ‘too hot’, no sweat, no flushed skin, no sunburn. Burns are far less impactful, and the arms and legs both are almost immune to flame altogether.

Weaknesses || They can hardly tolerate cold environments, and if they are forced to, their bodies are so hot that snow seems to melt upon contact and water steams away whilst exposed skin to these temperatures cracks, blisters, and hurts significantly. Sporadically embers flake off from their arms and legs and risk setting fire to their surroundings, making them a hazard in many locations.

Abilities ||
[Blaze II]
Whilst flame can be willed to the fingertips as before, they are also able to will it into their palms to ‘throw’ a ball of fire (think the size of a tennis ball) providing it is not overly windy around ten blocks in any direction. They are unable to muster the energy to throw more than five of these in any given day.
[Ignite II] They may will extinguished fires within hearths or campfires back to a full flame.
[Brand] They can leave a handprint upon any surface to leave a burning of it, though it does not ignite. This may also be used to leave a burn in the mark of their hand upon a living thing. Additionally, this spell can be used to heat up the contents of say, a tankard, to almost boiling.

Unbonding || Trying to unbond from a flame elemental at this rank is a risk to not only their lives, but the lives of others in the vicinity. It is a mental and physical battle, and requires a DM.
1623971379614.png