Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Fire] Malark Tallstag

MercurySteve

Lord of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him
Mercury_Steve
Mercury_Steve
Patron
FIREELEMENTAL.jpg

cooltext378602645285975.gif
.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Character: Malark Tallstag
Elemental: Fire
.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Update Log:

Daily activities to note: After he prays to The Watcher at the shrines, he would come back to his smithery and work in the forge. The intense heat and constant work with Irzis-Fyr would feel not as exhausting to Malark. It would be during these times that he talks to the spirit, whether it was listening or not. He now casts [Blaze] any time he relights his forge to work.
1. Malark had previously learned of the 'Spiritblessed' through a book written by Lana Wake. Being a follower of Visage himself and his want to learn of this world, they took his interest quickly. It took a little while after learning of them to seek more. He read this book on the 26th of Snowdown, 2308. Only now, after becoming a smith and working with Irzis-Fyr did this curiousity begin to rise. Marking this day as hsi first month of worship to The Watcher, he went out to seek an elemental of Fire.

Malark's IG Diary log:
ATTEMPT #1: Headed to the rift and sat near a pool of lava. Brought my Irzis-Fyr glaive and held it in front of me to try draw out an elemental. (In the ashlands). Nothing showed up. Not sure how much longer I can stay here before getting dehydrated...
ATTEMPT #2: I stood back for a bit to regain myself. Drunk a bit, and went back in to a different area far from the last. Let's see if I can draw one out here... ah, finally. I watch one arise from the lava and make it's way to me. I called out to it, offering it to work with me in my forge and teach me of it... and, well, it laughed in my face and left... I'm exhausted from this trip and I'm struggling to breath by this point. I'm happy I've seen one... I'll keep searching after some rest.

ATTEMPT #3: In the tavern, I'm sitting with Flourish, Adora and Marrian. The fire keeps catching my eye... Perhaps lets try and say hello. Worth a shot, eh? And... nothing.

24th of Floodlock, 2308

ATTEMPT #4: I've fully moved in to my new little smithy/home. My new, bigger forge has been installed and I've organised my chests... I look in to the fire of the forge. I can't help but think of that spirit... I need to call out once more... nothing.
ATTEMPT #5: I headed back to the Kraken's Den inn. Sitting by the fire, with no others in sight, I called out again. Perhaps it would be here. I must believe it will be... yet no luck.
ATTEMPT #6: At this point, I'm getting desperate. I want to experience this power. I want to harness what it offers. I NEED TO SEE IT FOR MYSELF. I look for anything, somewhere they might be, running past houses with chimney's... I come up to the small bridge over the little pond of water in the landing. I sit by the campfire, exhausted. And arising from the smoke and the flames... that darned spirit who laughed at me.
This time, I offer it the deal once more. With more passion behind my voice. It comes near me, laughing... (The rest of this page is burned.)

FIREBLESSED.PNG

It was at this point that Malark learned this wasn't exactly a mutual friendship. He was fighting fire with nothing but hope, and he lost. The spirit forced itself in to him, disregarding Malark's offer and scorching itself along his right arm, leaving minor burns as he is taken over entirely for a short period of time. Eventually, it settles. Malark finds himself on the ground, once again exhausted. Picking himself up, sitting on the bench, he comes to his senses. He knows this being is inside him now... no going back at this point. He accepts he's been bested.

2. Malark has been open with the fact the elemental is inside him. Though, one thing he doesn't admit is that he doesn't really want to get rid of it yet. He wants to see what it can do at least before he parts ways... which he's SURE won't grow in to an obsession. No chance at all, nuh uh.
3. In the Kraken's Den, Malark's emotions reached a new peak. A small child asked for his order whilst he was feeling slightly stressed, and he yelled at her briefly. Though he felt remorseful ater the fact. Whilst distracted by this sudden outburst, he absent mindedly lit the candle by his with Ignite. He also warmed his glass of water with his Irzis-Fyr axe. After this, he was visited by Xozu in his smithy. Xozu started to speak out a bit on how bad the elemental is. This frustrated Malark, though he agreed with Xozu. Malark, right now, wants to at least find out more info of the spirit and have some real value out of this plague before he parts with it, though whether than hunger to know more ever saites can only be told by time.
4. Flourish has decided to watch Malark and check in on him 2 times a day on his patrol route. They had quite the intense interaction, and Malark got incredibly pissed off. He needed some way to let out all of his pent up rage, that he managed to keep just at bay. Though, after some Urchin's doused his forge, graffiti'd his smithy and set a bag of faeces by him, he raged and slammed against the wall, lit his hands, and his smithy begun going in flames.
TIER2.PNG
5. Daily update: Casting [Blaze] whenever he has to relight his forge. He's loving the flames more now, becoming highly interested in them and not feeling so edgy around them. They calm him, feelings of euphoria excite him, and he now begins to scheme to set a fire somewhere to spread the elemental's domain. He's begun refferring to the spirit as "Irz", a reference to the fire-iron he works with constantly.
6. He casted [Blaze] to set a sentient tree alight during a hunt for a unicorn with Foxbells, Huvan, Shuvan and Hellman. Twice. Right after this hunt, after witnessing a hunter killing themselves and finding a locket with a love letter in it, he was disturbed at his initial lack of care. He later drank, depressively, and was given good words of wisdom by two folk unfamiliar to him. He's starting to reconsider this whole bond, though should he become enthralled, this is likely to be forgotton.

Abilitites:
[Blaze II] Whilst flame can be willed to the fingertips as before, they are also able to will it into their palms to ‘throw’ a ball of fire (think the size of a tennis ball) providing it is not overly windy around ten blocks in any direction. They are unable to muster the energy to throw more than five of these in any given day. [Times Cast: 18 (x2 daily)]
* Cast on 26/02/2021 when he fell down a hole and was greeted by a spider. Foxbells threw oil on to it and Malark used the flames to light it on fire, successfully. He got a big adrenalyn rush from this and, quite frankly, enjoyed it.
* Cast on 01/03/2021 to warm a mug of water in the Kraken's Den, in a moment of frustration.
*Cast on 04/03/2021 when he lost his temper and smashed a wall with his axe and then began punching it, injuring himself greatly. He'd then cast it again after having Suggestion casted on him.
*Cast on 05/03/2021 to help relight his forge
*Cast on 11/03/2021 whilst showcasing the spirit's abilities with joy
*Cast on 12/03/2021 to intimidate two dwarves about to start a fight in his smithy, which worked
*Cast on 15/02/2021, testing the ability out in the Sorrows as Hellmann requested to see it, burning down a tree
*Cast on 17/03/2021 during the SL campaign flood event, once on a group of rats with a fireball [1/5], then to burn wood debris in a window rats are coming through, then another to fireball a lanter mid-air to blow it up in a group of zombies [2/5], Then another fireball in the middle of more rats at the castle [3/5], a second time [4/5]. He cast it to quickly summon a small flame to show Aryn.
*Cast on 21/03/2021 during the second event, once to brighten the surroundings, another to fireball some zombies[1/5], again to do it to some ghouls but the waterlogged undead were unnaffected [2/5].

[Ignite II]
They may will extinguished fires within hearths or campfires back to a full flame. [Times Cast: 8]
* Cast on 28/02/2021 in the Kraken's den, he lit a candle to help him read his books.
*On 01/03/2021, in the Kraken's Den, in a moment of frustration when being constantly questioned on the Fire Elemental he had willed the candle to light, then left what could've been a nice conversation with a new face.
*On 11/02/2021, lighting a candle to read a book
*On 11/03/2021, lighting a candle to read a book
*On 15/03/2021, three times to light 3 candles one by one when joking around with Xozu
*On 13/03/2021, whilst on a euphoric rant defending his elemental (just after shit talking it)
[Brand]
They can leave a handprint upon any surface to leave a burning of it, though it does not ignite. This may also be used to leave a burn in the mark of their hand upon a living thing. Additionally, this spell can be used to heat up the contents of say, a tankard, to almost boiling. [Times Cast: 4]
*Cast on 14/03/2021 after losing an arm wrestle to Xozu, nearly burning his hand though diverting it to the table, leaving his print on it.
*Cast on the morning of 15/03/2021, talking to Hellmann in the drowned man's grave, to warm up his drink
*Angered by the way Aeleth Furver talked about elementals, he dealt with his rage by boiling the cider he had in his hands. He then drank a few sips. *

[Passive]
[Emberwalk]
They can walk on hot coals/surfaces, and feel no burns to the bottoms of their feet, though it should be noted anything above the ankle can be felt.

T2 Journey
1. During the invasion of Storm's Landing by the undead on 18/03/2021, Malark relied pretty heavily on Irz. He used a whole 4 out of 5 fireballs to fight the undead, using it to explode a lantern, kill rats, and tactically block off paths. He's at a stage now where he defends the use of elementals, to a point where arguing against those who disagree, claiming that the world has a stigma against them due to the unknownedness of them. He's devoting to changing this, by finding out new knowledge on them. Irz has become a great ally in Malark's journey of worship to The Watcher.
2. Huvan had fallen down near Malark, grabbing his boot. The commottion in a small hallway, being loud and rowdy, and already being pissed from an earlier dissagreement with Aelyth about the elemental, he casted [BRAND] on him in an act of unecesseary aggression.
3. Whilst down i nthe sewers fighting undead, he got a sword through his chest and fokin died. F
Ranking up results in a change over several days in which the speckled eyes become far more obvious, the entire iris becoming red, orange, or a mix of both to result in the hues of flame with a faint glow. The veins in the hands and feet turn to the colours of embers all the way up to the knees and elbows, and some become prominent around the eyes and the middle of the chest. Fingers and optionally the entire hand becomes blackened.

One of the more major drawbacks to this rank of fireblessed is that the individual becomes far more violent, impatient, and volatile, with a growing disregard for others. They are also, to no real surprise, budding pyromaniacs, with an obsessive want to burn things which is the elemental inside of them trying to grow more powerful and expand its own domain.

They are greatly at home in hot places, even near the ashlands, and suffer no drawbacks in regards to being ‘too hot’, no sweat, no flushed skin, no sunburn. Burns are far less impactful, and the arms and legs both are almost immune to flame altogether.

They can hardly tolerate cold environments, and if they are forced to, their bodies are so hot that snow seems to melt upon contact and water steams away whilst exposed skin to these temperatures cracks, blisters, and hurts significantly. Sporadically embers flake off from their arms and legs and risk setting fire to their surroundings, making them a hazard in many locations.

Attachments

Last edited: