Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [Foothold in Darkness] Progression Thread 1

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron

The Foothold in Darkness is a set of mini events in which a group of 5 people attempt to create an outpost within Nid Arach.
Each mini-event, they each have three actions to spend. Once everyone's actions are spent, that concludes the event for that day and all progress is halted there.
RP can continue with the progress made from then on, but further actions like clearing rubble, unlocking hatches, repairing items, must wait till the next event.

The current group consists of:
GhostKairo123 - as Raigo, man of scouting and sneaking talents
Sir Andrew Wallins - as Vlad, good at making and defusing boobytraps
Ruu Darling - as Sugar, powerful magician with fusing capabilities
Fronslin - as Fronslin, a supportive magician with stealth and light abilities
Magic Intern - as Cyrus, capable of wound treatment and medicine
Jazzper - as Milah, charismatic mending lady, repairing people and things.
Tideborne - as Ardaric, an infiltrator with a smooth tongue.
Olligreen - as Jin, a scholar with a helping hand, has [item kit]
Jeroxia - as Gerry, the singing magician who can crack jokes and runes.

To prevent me clogging up the calendar and forums with threads related to this, I'll use this one thread to notify people when a space opens up.
We try to find a date and time on Discord that suits everyone, but when someone can't make it last minute, I'd like to open a place up to new adventurers.
I'll post a comment below with how many slots are open for that day's mini-event.
You can sign up with this form, first come first serve, place guaranteed until the slots are full.
You'll have to do the test of finding the outpost in RP prior to the event, unless your character has been told its location.

Character name: <enter char name here>
One skill (freeform) that they're good at: <examples above, make up one that fits your char>
Reason for joining: <how come your character is at the outpost>

The Foothold in Darkness series has got its own progression sheet. I'll update this sheet after each event.
Right now, the adventurers in Nid Arach have managed to establish the following:
A basic outpost with 4 connected underground hide-outs, an operational pulley and Crafting Station. A northerner has agreed to make supply runs, with which they can continue to expand their outpost. They've built a cart for larger supply hauls from Storm's Landing and have started to create a medical post. They've acquired a map of Nid Arach to plan their next move with.

Arachians now know of their presence. Where exactly, they do not realize.... Yet.

The Adventurers have achieved the following:

Essence of Chaos knowledge: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11 and 12 out of 12.

Overview of actions:
These are the unlocked actions so far, it will cost you 1 action to:
Move things around
Clear rubble
Get equipment from the trader
Tunnel through a wall
Repair equipment / books / builds
Pick up items while exploring outside the event area
Beautify tunnel archways
Get supports from the Northerner to dig 10 blocks worth of tunnel

The Adventurers have secured the following positions, for now...

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
2 spots have opened up for tonight's event at 4pm EST, in which the adventurers of the outpost will travel to Storm's Landing to find people who are willing to supply their outpost. Suppliers who are not too scared to go there, and not too shady to likely be Arachians themselves.

If you want to join, fill in the form above, you'll then be able to join every mini-event from then on and will be taken into account when planning the next events.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron

Today the company has left the outpost and traveled to Storm's Landing, in search of a trader that isn't scared of Nid Arach, yet is trustworthy enough not to rat them out to Arachians.

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Tideborne: I got some intresting books and baubles
Milah: I got everything else we needed and an NPC to help us
Fronslin: I got a rock

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
Today the company has left the outpost and traveled to Storm's Landing, in search of a trader that isn't scared of Nid Arach, yet is trustworthy enough not to rat them out to Arachians.
Damn, I gotta get in on this. sits

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
2 spots have opened up for right now. pm me if you want in

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Man, I really like the "tech-tree" or upgrade tree thing this has going on.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
They did it, they acquired a map of nid arach, drawing it from the highest tower!

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Bart celebrating having finished his parkour tower

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron

Full house, they're digging a tunnel with their combined strength to get around unnoticed!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The adventurers have achieved their first true victory: After weeks of work of cleaning up, getting round traps, laboring in tunnels and putting together broken weaponry and books, they've finally reached the stage in their development they can call... A true foothold in darkness.

Congratulations Fronslin Jazzper Jeroxia Olligreen Ruu Darling GhostKairo123 Tideborne Magic Intern Sir Andrew Wallins !

you've finished the entire progression sheet of the outpost. Impressive! I'll have a new thread up that shows all your unlocked abilities and will have a new progression sheet from Foothold to Fortification! On the road to fortification you can keep using those abilities to unlock new abilities, a choice of what loot table to receive loot from, and much more, as you discover more and more about Nid Arach's secrets... You'll face new kinds of challenges and will have more space to move as the event area becomes slightly larger, now that your location has become more secure.

Hype :)