Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Foxxiee's Application [Approved - Charybdis]

Foxi

Loyal Servant of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Foxxiee

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
La France !

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
From what I understand, metagaming is using information that you obtained out-of-character in a roleplay context (for example, if you hear on Discord that someone's character murdered someone, and then in-character you accuse them of that murder, even though your character would have no way of knowing this information), and powergaming is giving your character OP, godly powers that your character could not realistically have, or in a combat situation doing an unrealistic action without giving your opponent time to react (for example: "In one movement, Jason pushed Karl to the floor and stabbed him twice").

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Jinny

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm afraid there's not much to say! I'm an aspiring novelist/poet, I live in Paris, France with my Havanese Nara, and I love to draw (despite my complete lack of talent for it). As far as music, I'm not terribly picky: I love everything from Beethoven & Chopin to folk music to hip-hop/rap, and will without hesitation put all those genres into the same playlist! I love to read, and if not for school and work I would spend weeks on end reading in my library. I have a great range of favourite writers, all the way from Ernest Hemmingway to Jane Austen; as far as poets, my favourite would be tied between Edgar Allan Poe and Maya Angelou. (I know, I'm weird!) I hope that's enough for now, I'm not great at talking about myself >.<

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I do have some poems and such, but I don't think they're good enough to show.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No, I found this server a while ago and was too shy to post a whitelist application. I don't remember exactly how I found it.
About Your Character!

Character Name:
Fayeth Thalor

Character Age:

Character Race:
Silver Elf

Appearance:
Hair like liquid silver, too light in hue for an elf of her class, flows down her back, reaching down to her hips. Her eyes, a washed grey, burst into a silver flame when viewed under the sunlight. Her rather round, stout body is always covered by a flowing white gown of silk, and hidden by her head wrap is a light dusting of freckles on her nose and cheeks. Her skin is a light caramel, kissed by the sun one too many times.
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
téléchargement (1).png

Written Test!
She looked in the mirror, at the faint whisper of freckles strewn across her face and the light silver hair whose very hue betrayed her. She stared her imperfections in the eye, memorising each and every one of them. “Your imperfections are your power,” her father used to tell her. “You are not you without them.” The words had echoed in her mind a thousand times, but with each repetition her belief in them faded.
Your imperfections are your power. She stared determinedly at her reflection. She narrowed her eyes into a fierce glare, as if looking tough and brave would make her feel it.
You are not you without them. Who was she, anyway? A shadow? Do shadows really exist?
Finally she broke her gaze and looked out the window with a sigh of defeat. She always came to the mirror hoping to feel more satisfied, and she always left it feeling hollow and discouraged. She moved to her desk and looked at the moon. She had always felt a strange connection to the moon, as if it were her only friend. Tonight it shone in its full glory, casting its mystical glow upon a pond outside. Its silvery glow dominated the earth and the skies alike, turning all the beauty and splendor of the day into mere silhouettes. The others may pray to whatever gods they chose, but Fayeth prayed to the moon alone.
As if lit by an unseen fire, her eyes brightened and a smile spread across her face. She reached for a feather quill and opened her book, and she frantically weaved rivers of ink upon the torn, stained paper. The rivers flowed and flowed until they became a universe of their own: a universe in which all the world’s sorrows had melted away, where summer’s warm breeze blew eternally, where the moon Herself walked among men.
As she weaved these rivers of time and space, her freckles disappeared, her hair grew dark as ash, her legs stretched longer than vines, and her eyes shone with moonfire. As page after page was filled with ink, her heart sang like a nightingale on Midsummer’s Eve, and she began to glow with a light to rival the moon itself.
When the sun finally poked its fiery crown over the horizon and the moon’s light flickered out like a dying ember, she looked again in the mirror, quill in hand, and saw her freckled face, her tanned skin, her pointed nose, and her bright silver hair. She was the most beautiful girl in the world.

Last edited:

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Hello! Your application is quite good, but I would like to touch on a few points before we proceed:
  • Character Appearance: Please take another look at the lore for {silver elves} as turquoise is not a colour their eyes can have. Additionally, for the setting, your character's skin is a bit out of place. Skirts as short as the one on your skin would be considered very unusual and inappropriate in-character. I would suggest you lengthen it some, and optionally add sleeves if you wish to be accurate to the silver elven lore and customs regarding their clothes and protection of the skin.
  • Written Test: Your writing is excellent, but I've noticed there are quite a few tropes that lean towards mary-sue territory. You are using many tropes and cliches in your character, such as:
    • Being extremely beautiful and physically attractive, but not believing such
    • 'Letting herself sink and become the darkness'
    • Being terribly overshadowed by a beautiful, famous, and talented family member
While things like these can be utilized well, the combination of them causes some amount of concern with how this character will be played. We try to look for writing beyond relying on tropes, as original writing is a very important skill in roleplay. Your writing is quite skilled, so I would like to see you demonstrate your capability of presenting a more unique character and premise as I believe you are able to. If you would like to discuss this further I would be glad to.

Please reply to this thread when you would like me to have another look. If you have any questions of concerns, feel free to contact myself or another mentor.

Foxi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Thank you so much for your swift response!
First of all, I have edited the skin to lengthen the sleeves and skirt as much as I can, and I have also changed the eye colour to as close to a bright silver as I could find (I'm not very good at doing eye colours).
Thank you for pointing out the tropes in my written test, I reread it with fresh eyes and I completely agree. I'm not very good at editing things, so I decided to simply start anew with a slightly different character, whom I hope doesn't have quite so many clichés as the last. Please tell me if I have addressed your concerns, or if there are any other issues you have found. Thank you for your time!

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Looking fantastic! Thanks for taking the time to alter your writing. Hope to see you around.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.