Free Lmao! (please)

ForestRose

The rosiest of forests.
Patron
Retired Council Member
ForestRose
ForestRose
Patron
Okay on the topic "twat" is scarcely better than "cunt" and just makes things look a bit goofy sometimes.

It's been on my mind for years but I can't make a thread called FREE CUNT!
cowardly of you not to just post anyway

but i agree with the point. twat means the exact same thing as cunt.
I don't know what twat means in the land of the free or maple tree lane but in the UK twat is a light one just meaning stupid, "Stop being such a twat." Sort of like prick. Cunt however, that one only comes out on special occasions, or chucked in for fun if you're like me.

Cap

Lord of Altera
I don't know what twat means in the land of the free or maple tree lane but in the UK twat is a light one just meaning stupid, "Stop being such a twat." Sort of like prick. Cunt however, that one only comes out on special occasions, or chucked in for fun if you're like me.
no one says cunt here at all because we speak real english

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Snowflake
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Snowflake
brad says i'm too young to use big boy words
Go back to bed JoeJoe, the adults are talking.

Oh, and ignore the monster under your bed, we needed the extra rent money.

Also, I’ve generally been against censorship in all forms, as it just creates incentive to circumvent the language rules in other ways, or I’m at least against censorship in RP chat. However, if someone uses lmao or twat in rp chat, they’re not really thinking historically and earn my ire.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Go back to bed JoeJoe, the adults are talking.

Oh, and ignore the monster under your bed, we needed the extra rent money.

Also, I’ve generally been against censorship in all forms, as it just creates incentive to circumvent the language rules in other ways, or I’m at least against censorship in RP chat. However, if someone uses lmao or twat in rp chat, they’re not really thinking historically and earn my ire.
what is ahistorical about twat

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Snowflake
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Snowflake
what is ahistorical about twat
It entirely depends on what time the server is committed to: the term seems to have come about in the mid 1600s, but wasn’t a slang until much later in the 1800s. So, if used correctly, I don’t think I would see too many problems, but the problem is that people /do/ use it as an insult.

Cap

Lord of Altera
It entirely depends on what time the server is committed to: the term seems to have come about in the mid 1600s, but wasn’t a slang until much later in the 1800s. So, if used correctly, I don’t think I would see too many problems, but the problem is that people /do/ use it as an insult.
people say "my dude" in RP I'm pretty sure twat can be forgiven for a bit of time inaccuracy

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Actually the Middle English form of cunt was “queynte” or something like that. So if anything we should be using that.