Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Frost - The Vestige

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Godsend, 30th of Snowdown, 2309

Been a while since I wrote an entry. Riseport’s going well. I feel guilty whenever I bust out my magic. But I take pride in my work here. I believe I will remain in this cult for a while. Aiding them in making some of the harder to make equipment.

It’s been nice to take my mind off of what has happened with Magic. I still practice at night. But I’m different. Most of my spells are like twisted mirrors, Familiar yet very differing in theiir applications. I’ve yet to figure out all I can do but Using it feels.. More sporting

Valtae’s made me some nice robes with the same appeal of my Primary faith Stars litter it and I feel.. Well Like a pretty stranger. It’s giddy and It feels a little jarring to put so much faith in the cloth she’s woven for me.

We’ve been doing good work here, And while there are troubles like there are everywhere. I am thankful that they are new and exciting. These jungles are unknown to me.

I still have been paying homage to other faiths in the form of offerings and aid. But I think ensuring the hunters are properly prepared for anything is important. I’ve been making a bit of scratch thankfully but moving here was never about that first.

It was about making sure when I go to bed at night, That I could sleep well knowing it’s likely the weapons I make for them will see sporting use.

That’s something that comes up alot here and while I don’t expect my kids to take to it, It would be nice if they could live in peace with it.

More often than not it feels like my works are what give me purpose. What ties me down and makes sure I don’t fly off the handle and do something stupid.

I was doing pretty good until very recently. I think gut reactions are something I should trust more again.

Storm is set to join us all once his term ends. He’s been a major comfort lately and while he isn’t the best talker I have faith in his skills. Some days we’ll work outside and just make holy tools.
I.. still don’t know why he revoked his blessing. I believe I was the one who suggested he seek it out. But he’s made the call to stand by me. Personally I think it was a knee jerk reaction.

Hasn’t told me about any curse on him. But our recent hunt went well.

It is generally unsafe here, with our numbers being the only thing we can fall back on. I believe once safety returns to here, I will seek out a place to make a sanctum and house those I trust. For aims of Magic and the Theodrans. I believe I can trust most of them, but I don’t spend every waking moment with all of them. It’s hard to know if they have any issues that we need to sort out.

I am still wary of candlewood. And often feel like I can do work better, Albeit slower alone. Storm and elwin have been helping me with my workload, and if people knew the pile of weaponry that I’m sleeping on they’d probably get nervous.

It will only grow with the passing of time. And in the event of my death, final or otherwise I think I can be content that they will have options at their disposal.

Every little bit helps as they say.

There is a push to take down these effigies that the skraggites lay down. Over time they raise the presence of undead in an area. I have tools to both detect and take them down and If I find out who is putting them down I believe there will be no time to talk.

I am eager for a win after the heartbreak of what happened to linistel.Though I will not be hunting any vyres unless needed. I believe I still need more time before I face other people in open combat again.

That and while I am content to look the other way regarding them.. I feel this.. Maddening anger welled up in me. I’m thankful there is no one in my life to foster this hate. Though this disdain is usually more widespread to anyone who is dense enough to not see the bigger picture of what’s at play. I want all of them to rest forever. Those who come back can be left alone until the following years where they just do the same thing again.

It’s tiring. And at least here, I can plan contingencies and not act on those worse impulses.

I think I just need space. A few decades alone with family- preferably after Linistels recovery could probably help make sure I have it.

A crafty mage left alone to their own devices sounds like the plot to a novel.

Last edited:

Fortune

Legend of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
___Fortune___
___Fortune___
Patron
Alright everyone, I'm making a google doc with relations as long as I like.
If you want a blurb to stroke your ego go ahead and DM me and i'll write it.

When I'm satisfied with the quality of it, I'll copy or post a link to it here.

Until then, I'll be trying to wake my butt up. And facelift this profile.
Aki. And do it very detailed and way too long to the point it stops sounding coherent halfway through.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Aki- Troublesome girl. Seems to hear about her getting into some trouble even though Frost has cut ties with her. She lacks the patience to commit to any one thing and Frost wonders if she’s had some sort of longstanding trauma to make her so stubborn. After much turmoil at the sudden Enthrallment of being a vyre Aki turning caused frost to fly off the handle sending her into a whirlwind of Strong anti vyre sentiment. Perhaps it was fate, as it caused her to end up ultimately shedding the curse. Regardless, She stays clear.
Also it's on the doc but here/

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
There is no date to the following entry

I’ve felt a sort of hollowness lately. It’s hard to explain. I suppose it feels like no matter how much I try. The world refuses to let me hold onto a win. Magic shifts, I can’t figure my magic out, More Skraggites and vyres.At least I can take solace in the fact there are those out there I can plot to kill without anyone coming to heartbreak.

We had a pretty big loss at the hands of a faction I believe is very similar to the one which drove us from linistel.

They had scores of vyres, and were aptly prepared for the environment we had set to traverse.

I found myself unwilling to fight. A lull in my mind. It was everything I could have ever prepared for and yet I couldn't see three feet in front of me. I’ve been carrying around a spear for a while. Wanted to throw it at a vyre, Maybe impale a mindless undead, Might look to give it away. I already shoulder a bow- Which I may add I’m intending to replace as well. I suppose I could hand some stuff down..

But for now It seems like with my previous order met I should begin working on stakes. It is often easy to forget the small world we live in. And seeing large groups of vyres. Left to spread unchecked in their ambitions. Striking them down is a worthy conflict. And I believe in the context of Theodra any means to dispatch them I may be allowed. I’ve figured out a large area spell I can use to melt ice, but If we fought on the ice again I’d be wary of melting it and thinning the ice we stand on.

Need to figure out how to share warmth with people. Thinking about basing a spell in how things worked before. Shouldn’t be a stretch but after today and that fight I wish to be prepared for anything.

Wish I had a fellow carver in my Entourage Having someone else who could make stakes could lower out down time, And I will expect we’ll be needing scores of them

I do hope we find our missing party, But as always I will continue to prepare.

Right now I am looking to find a place to found a remote coven, A subsect of The Pardox cult which is more or less the labor of my love. I’ll look for those people who resonate with me. And maybe I’ll find the students I seek. I’ll just have to be careful not to have people from candlewood over. I want to relax in the company of my students not fret over whatever I wish to say. That and i'm not against the concept of live ins if I find the right people.

Also been considering a way to spark a group of people.
Not sure if it’ll work but it may work in the situation where not everyone wants to be an energy mage. It’s not a well thought out idea at this stage so..
I’m putting a pin in it for now though, Need to go out and meet people.

Oh- Also, I’ve been working on a personal list for myself for the next holiday season.
It’s a list of gear I need. Up to several things which I don’t know if most people could help me with. But I’m sure in due time i’ll find those dedicated enough to help me.

I have been making money, albeit slowly but it’s honest work. I’ve not felt bad about what i’m doing in a long time.

After all.

Idle hands are the devil’s plaything.

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Blessday, 21th of Floodlock

I write this entry from camp Frostlight, It's not named after my likeness, It's what I used to call my northern camp when I worked for Hawklight. A distant memory now. I recall fond memories of hunting Up north with my human family. Annabeth killed a stag, And I showed her how to skin it. I would do pilgrimges to Vermella and Theodran locations. And though I didn't realize it, My ritual hunting practice I had from Myst was rather trivial. Regardless, I am happy to see things going well here. The undead presnce is still noticable, but my spirits have not been this high in a while. Beyond a few trips and a few talks with our new neighbors about certain recent events I have not been happier in a while. I feel spells starting to come to mind, and My upcoming research is such a delight that I can honestly say that anything that keeps me down is merely a setback. It is a wonderful reassurance to have my family and friends here. I believe we'll expand. I need to put up a shrine to Theodra
and build housing for my flames. There is also a matter of getting additional housing for students and guests, I expect to have hunters visit from higher up near the Volcanoes occasionally. There is an ill omen nearby. One that I wish does not persist in it's annoyance. But I will be looking into that when I travel.

I believe after some time on my own, I can reach a better balance when interacting with a few people. Doing my own thing seems to feel better, And maybe in the future I can look into collaboration with some of the people who wish it of me. But I need to focus on what makes me happy. Being out in nowhere, Studying the world I'm living in, No Philosophy,No politics, No dealing with people who are difficult to speak to. Valtae still working. The kids are.. Well they're a little happy for the change of scenery, but there is a complaint about lack of flowers. Maybe when the undead have cleared, We can go on walks outside together again in peace. And I can teach them all I've learned about the Flora i'm studying. But For now, I'm planning to teach them something, though I am unsure what. I'm considering Aorian. But we'll see.

P.S. Eizholz weaponry hits hard. Remember to tell hunters not in the know.

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Upon first glance,

The Eizholz tree seems like something that should not exist, A tall icy blue tree, With the wood and bark becoming grey upon it's removal. There are no leaves, fruit or flowers to speak of. I have seen younger trees about the landscape, But no signs of how they travel or seed.

With no reports to go on it's appearance prior, I can't help but think that these trees are not endemic to this realm. This of course is my own speclation, But I will continue to get to the bottom of things, Not many of them make it to adulthood so if I can figure out how to grow one around horticulturists and in the right circles then maybe progress can be made.

Right now based on the young appearance of the juveniles being like a stake of ice sticking out of the ground, I can't help but wonder if maybe it shoots off seeds in the form of sharp seeds or spikes.

Time will tell.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
A short entry
I arrive back at my northern dwelling a teacher with no student. She left me. It was so sudden I can't help but feel like the monster she thinks I am.

I believe some time alone may be best for me.

I want to remain here.

Until it's over.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
*Written hastily on the bottom of the page, It looks days apart. There is a difference of quality in the ink*

Fuck I missed, It was exhilarating but I missed. Why did I miss? What do I do now?

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
*Written on a adequate piece of paper separate from the rest. *
Godsend, 27th of Springrise, 2309

I write this as I am unsure what my fate will be. I have turned myself in for my crime. Possession has been an issue no one is taking seriously. We are likely at the foothold of an invasion, And our age old enemy corruption has once again reared it's ugly head. To my compatriots who may not realize the dire nature of the situation People are being consumed by something which will replace them. If action is not taken you may lose your loved ones forever. And well, if they're not people you care for, well I ask, no plead, To remember the warmness and comfort of mortal kindship. When I acted It was selfish. I saw a woman not herself threaten an acquaintance. She has.. Minions now. please. If anyone ever reads this Even if you may not like me. Stop this before it's too late.

I care not how it happens. For that is how dire the situation truly is. But if you can save them.. There may yet be a chance to slow their progress.

I ask you to open your eyes, And see the threat in front of you.
Save them or send them on their way.
But do not remain idle.

May the gods have mercy on my soul.

-Frost Menguar.

This is currently in possession of Catalyst (If not, lmk homie)

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
So, I will make a post soon with a log

However, for the time being it seems.. Valtae and Frost are separated.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Written awkwardly with her writing offhand would be an entry in the usual journal. There seems to be enough practice for it to be legible

When I was younger, I used to be fascinated with the gods.
Their tales, their lessons, Their mantles and meanings.

I would learn of past battles that threatened mortal kind.
Awful things long before the majority of anyone who reads this would be familiar with

I dedicated myself to upholding. Aid whichever pious fate needed me. I still care enough to do this.
But my heart wanders.

What is defending life when one does not live? What is spending time inside studying the secrets in books without going outside to touch the grass, smell the roses, and learn of mysteries?

What I saw as feralism as gripped me will haunt me the rest of my life.
There are things I want to do, and things that need be doing.

I know not what will happen. If my tale will end or if a new book need be written entirely.

But I will live life and serve death.

and by the time they realize their error, it will be too late.

Vengeance will be mine.

I will be a Maiden of death!​

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Profile updates soon. Including relations
PM over discord if you REALLY need one. Comments may be removed.

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Townsday, 10th of Sporebloom

Been a while since I wrote. I think I'm about at the end of this midlife crisis- If you can call it that. I've left my family, I left Valtae. I became a vyre again- Many reasons for this, but somehow I feel more sane. I will acknowledge it as a crutch but I am happier for it for the time being. I want to gain power with it, But may look for power from another vyre instead of spreading it. Unsure at this point. Cure's different. So It may be easier to do the former.

I'm still... Bothered by things as much as I've stated otherwise. I feel like I don't have an In to much these days. I think.. I think I just want to be left alone at camp a while. Let people come to me for a few months. My faith is ruining this world. there is less point in casting magic. It feels empty now. I'm not sure what I want anymore. Perhaps Some time alone is what I need, But I wish I could go back and do things differently. There is a chance this would have happened regardless of what we did, I feel. I have no proof of this claim, but Its a mild hunch. I don't know many mages like me any more. There are a few, and I'm sure prospects will arise.. but It will never be the same.

Anya and Dara are some of the few saving graces I have. I don't know how long it'll take before they get bored of me. But I'll cherish the time I can get with them.

I'm happy to see the Theodrans flourish at least. I think I'll spend my free time just making things they might like. But after all that's happened, I don't think anyone is in any rush to trust me.
I just can't afford to go back to the insanity. I need to be sane. I need to be alone. I've started writing up a list of handy rules at least. Rules to lead this new life by

1. Keep my sliver of the north free of undead presence
2. Do not remain idle, Make things
3. Only leave camp to feed. longer than a week is Okay. weekly feedings seem to give me better stability
4. Do not lead people on with false hopes.
5. Do what needs to be done to be happy.
6. Embrace change as needed. Adapt when need be.
7. Don't stick around people who I predict will be bad for my mental wellbeing
8. Write letters? (I don't feel like writing them often)

I'm unsure why it keeps coming up, but with all that's happened, I may consider giving up my magic. Don't laugh at me. I've thought about it a long time and while I'm unsure why it keeps coming to my mind I find myself asking if giving it up is accepting failure for this problem. I've sent a few of my notes to Eldpoint for possible solutions but My hopes are low. If I gave it up, I'm unsure what what path I would walk. I've played around with the ideas in my head. But being a vyre puts a fork in it. I don't know how every god feels about it but I know Sallana, and theodra are.. Tolerable toward it. I don't know as much about Korog as I'd admit, but if he didn't like vyres well I think I'd worship him just to help the Theodrans. I take pride in my work. And Feel like I can sleep easy if they had things I made.. Though I recall that there needs to be something in it for me. Being paid for what my work was worth is something I have always struggled with. We'll put a pin in it for now journal.

P.s. I'm considering getting more clothes. I'm over the inital insult that made me upset, but she had a few specks of truth in there. I'm modestly covered most the time. Would be nice to have variety, No?​

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Alright you fellas. PM for relations. If you want one I'll write it up.

Profile has been cleaned up a lil.
:)

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Sunderday, 25th of Mistset,

It's been a while since I wrote journal. I suppose we should begin with that I've been up to. While it has been difficult to accommodate the divergences students wish to take. I can say for certainity that Sparking and teaching seems.. Easier. Old mages have come back, People who despite the awkward moments I've had before I can say I am happier to have back. I've been passing on everything I can. My dreams are clearer. They're still.. Batshit. But I think I'm able to pull meaning out of them. And it's the most coherent I've felt in a while.

I've gone through alot of materials, The rare ones, the ones I like to work with. But the group I've formed keeps pulling more in. It's been difficult to plan construction for the village, And sometimes some people disappear or go off to do better things, But I think they're better for it. There is so much I still wish to make. So I've taken to making a journal of obscure ideas for the others when I'm gone. And a second book of more Absurd notions. I've reorganized a good portion of my research and am trying to have it make sense to those less... informed.

A battle dawns in the landing. We've lost alot of good people recently. I saw someone I helped pull out of misery Die before my eyes. She came back -Thank goodness- I have figured my plans will likely not come to fruition within any likely time frame relevant to the ivory king. My predicition is after we clear out the rest of his forces, There will be a push from the others to have another demon take his place. Likely happening now, even though he hasn't fallen yet.

There is a good chance my plans might become more difficult depending on how the end of this plays out. I might have to scrap a project all together, but I like what I've put together in any case.

I think the next round of special things I make should be eventful! I miss making arrows though. Promised some people I would Maybe I'll get to it after the project. Note: Keep that sketch of the bird for the lantern.

I'll have to thank people in another note, It's becoming hard to keep track of everything.

I'll write more later