Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Game Development] Rune Run!

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Take a cue from tabletop games. Allow players to tactically attack others by dice rolls. E.g. the advantage/disadvantage system of 5e.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Take a cue from tabletop games. Allow players to tactically attack others by dice rolls. E.g. the advantage/disadvantage system of 5e.
I'm sorry I'm not familiar with this system of 5e. Could you give an example of players tactically attacking each other this way that could work in this game?
EDIT: I found this, but I couldn't find the advantage/disadvantage system in it https://dnd5e.info/

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I've got the labyrinth drawn up. At least, a prototype. If I just create a few more monsters and items, I could start practice runs on the game and see what tweaks it needs on item strength, monster strength, pvp, etc.
Do keep the constructive feedback coming.

Attachments

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Advantage: Consume an item to get to roll twice and take the higher roll.

Disadvantage: Consume an item to make another player roll twice and take the worse roll.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Advantage: Consume an item to get to roll twice and take the higher roll.

Disadvantage: Consume an item to make another player roll twice and take the worse roll.
ah that is very interesting! I'll be adding items that will allow a player to do this against players as well as against monsters I think. Thank you!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Thank you for today's feedback and suggestions. Here's today's yield of items, monsters, runes and the labyrinth.

Attachments

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I've had some trouble figuring this one out, but I managed in the end through talking to some friends. I found out, if it's about who gets most runes in the end out of the 12, then it could be that halfway the game, someone already collects 6 of them, which would make the rest of the game seem pointless as there would already be a winner. So I added the CHEEKY GNOME! I've got one for each class.
To make things more interesting, I've also added a scroll that swaps a rune from it's chamber into an empty room.

Attachments

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Today's work. I have also realized that it'll be more fun to create items where players can bother each other: Blocking them from getting runes, stealing items from them, switching runes around etc. Rather than to focus on items to be stronger when you get into face to face combat with another player or a monster. :) So I'll be focusing on such items next. One example is the gnome in this post! I've also decided that the scout will not be able to wield 2handed weapons. Otherwise the scout had too many advantages.

Attachments

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The monsters of today: (I've changed all monster's background to this reddish color)
I had to tweak the classes a bit, cause I've decided level 3 monsters should only be legendary extreme creatures.
Kamaoe
The Tottot
Sir_Arc
Samiwashere
Tohm

Attachments

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron

Attachments

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I really do feel bad that I interrupted your work to speak with you O_O

I absolutely love this, friend. I really do! A mix of your genius and artistic weave, just like the mystic mountain!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I really do feel bad that I interrupted your work to speak with you O_O

I absolutely love this, friend. I really do! A mix of your genius and artistic weave, just like the mystic mountain!
I'm not that good!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
And here's today's work! Going to play a prototype version tonight so I can find what's still missing, what's too much, what's wrongs, etc.

Attachments

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Today's effort:
Yesterday our printer sort of crashed, so today I got it printed somewhere else. We'll play a prototype today! :D

Attachments