Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Game Development] Rune Run!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Today's effort. I've played another test game and changed a few rules around and found out there were some cards that worked better than others. So I added an 'obedient troll' to all three classes of item cards. I've also tweaked some stats of certain items and monsters and made class cards for all players. Also made the background of all cards a bit brighter, that was a lot of work. Oh, and I've added little icons so you know for sure whether you have to hold an item in your hand, or to keep it in your backpack, etc.

Attachments

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Today is all about monsters. I added some more undead creatures so Brit's item Incandesence has more use. And I added the Fury demon to create a link with the item from Baron.
I need to draw 5 more class 1 monsters and then I'll have 48 monsters. 3/6 of which are class 1, 2/6 of which are class 2 and 1/6 of which are class 3. I also changed the double throw rules a slight bit, so the chances to get a lvl 1 item are in all cases 0.5, chances for a level 2 item are 0.3333 and for a level 3 item 0.166667. These chances are the same odds as beating the monster without having items: class 1 is lvl 3-6. Class 2 is level 7-9. Class 3 is level 10-12
So! Five more monster cards incoming for the basic game. Every expansion I'll make will have to include the same amount of monsters as written above per set. The amount of items is irrelevant, as long as it's a good many, because the monsters will be reborn once the deck is empty (aka shuffle all monster cards and start over with drawing them.)

Attachments

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The last few items I'm making before printing it. I expect the clay will arrive tomorrow, so I can make the pawns tomorrow afternoon with a little luck.
Friday I'm occupied all day and Saturday I hope to play this game with some friends in the night. So I'll most likely be printing the whole thing on saturday or tomorrow :)

Attachments

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Played the game for the 4th and 5th time with a different set of friends. We found that the game was enjoyable, playable, and the playing time was also good (40 minutes).
There were some things to consider though:
- There's an item where female players have a bonus, so I added an item of the same class with a male bonus.
- There were no scout specific items. The scout could use some of the magic items, but that's it. We found it was very unbalanced, so I've added 6 scout specific items (of which 2 existing).
- Added another warrior specific item, because class 1 has 1 warrior item, class 2 had 1 (now 2) and class 3 has 3 warrior items.
- Will have to add another 20 cards divided over item class 1 and 2 that all classes can use, to balance it out again.

Attachments

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Had to make a whole bunch of new items that all classes will be able to wear or use. :) Here's the first batch.

Attachments

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Oh ! I forgot to share the product after printing and after making the pawns out of clay!
DSC_1665c.JPG

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Hello there!
I've had a few more practice rounds with Rune-Run, and the rules are set.
All that's left for me now is to gather funds from somewhere to print out a final version, as I've already spend over €40,- on test prints and re-makes of cards and the game boards.
The design part that's left is for me to work on a sheet with the steps you take in each turn and what all the icons mean, which you'll keep at your side during playing.
Just a few more practice rounds to be sure, and then with a little luck and some financial support I'll be printing it out for realsies!

Now I couldn't have done this without your continuous mental support, suggestions for monster- and item-cards, and your very constructive feedback. A big shout out to everyone who's helped me construct the game-rules and cards, but also to all the people who liked my posts. It made me feel like you're keeping your eye on the development of this very personal project. Once I've finished up the final designs of everything I'll post an overview thread where you can read the rules and see all the stuff I made in one big collage of pictures.
Thank you for your help and support!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I rise this thread from the dead to share that I played this again today with the gf and it brought back so many memories. The characters from HW that are in this game are fun to see again and just remembering the immense help this community has been with creating the game in the first place! So thank you, and here are some pictures from our inventory at the end when she won and I lost at my own game haha.

IMG_20210113_192921_422.jpgIMG_20210113_193104.jpgIMG_20210113_193049.jpg

Last edited: