Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Game Server Migration

D

Dark Auras

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello,

On Tuesday, 23 January, we will be migrating the game server to a new and improved game server. With this will come performance improvements that are overdue.

The server will be offline between 12:00am EST -> 10:00am EST or earlier. This means the server will resume through Tuesday during the day.

The servers IP will also be changing, and we will be updating our "minecraft.hollowworld.co.uk" domain, but if there are any issues connecting I suggest you flush your DNS. To do this, open command prompt in windows and type "ipconfig -flushdns" and hit enter.

Any questions feel to ask on this thread or send me a message privately!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
You mention the server's IP will change, but into what? What do I type in at Server Address if I want to connect? This might be a silly question cause I might have misunderstood.

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
Will we lose all items in our Enderchests? It once happened on a server for mine when they migrated.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
^ Oh yeah. We should have a thread for issues and bug reports once the server comes back up

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hello,

Minor inconvenience occurred during the transfer. We'll be down for a little longer until Tiberione can set things back as we're working in different timezones. We're currently deciding what to do moving forward. Thank you guys for being patient. :)

D

Dark Auras

Will we lose all items in our Enderchests? It once happened on a server for mine when they migrated.
There shouldn't be any issues.

Also: The server is now up, due to an issue during migration it is on the same server as before. We are still mid-migration but decided to bring the server up so people can RP. But any changes made today will NOT STAY. The backups have already been made. But this means people can go on and roleplay while we sort out the issues we encountered!

There shouldn't be any issues.

Also: The server is now up, due to an issue during migration it is on the same server as before. We are still mid-migration but decided to bring the server up so people can RP. But any changes made today will NOT STAY. The backups have already been made. But this means people can go on and roleplay while we sort out the issues we encountered!
If not already done, I recommend an in game announcement/message.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I did not read this and simply logged in, assuming the migration was done--

--I had been building for the last few hours, only to be told in OOC chat this news. I am actually gutted now :(

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
I did not read this and simply logged in, assuming the migration was done--

--I had been building for the last few hours, only to be told in OOC chat this news. I am actually gutted now :(
Perhaps if you have that mod that Cymic_ Uses for building, you can copy that really quickly? I forgot its name.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Schematica is the name. a useful tool.

Just a question. I take it that server memory loss pertains to resource collection also?

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Perhaps if you have that mod that Cymic_ Uses for building, you can copy that really quickly? I forgot its name.
I do not have it :( I have a bad history with modding where I am a complete imbecile.

I'll have to do it again at a later date. Just got to suck it up and remember to forumstalk more

D

Dark Auras

Hi all,

The new server is live: 142.44.143.197 is the temporary connection IP until we can get minecraft.hollowworld.co.uk changed over later tonight!

Feel free to build and enjoy increased performance!