Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Gaming offtopic

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
Just tought posting these here, things that have something in common with games development in general, but are not part of a project or a game.

So I begin, I felt like posting it here, altought its not finished,it feels a bit magical for me thanks to those lights. All models are created by me ^_^

Screenshot taken trough painting, therefore its a bit blurry...

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
So like small snippets of assets or advice then? Sounds like an interesting thread :D
Love that hallway by the way, looks very sci-fi-y :D

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
It looks even better ingame. There are normal maps which cannot be seen like this, and lights are even deeper. Got feeling,after closing it, adding few more assets and adding some smoke, this gonna have great atmosphere...

Angryboy

I would think so!
Hmm, imagine it. Spooky mission, no contact from anyone, friend or foe, dark fog and a strange mist along the floor....

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
Guys, I would need a bit of advice here. The grey metal looking thing on pic below are stairs. Now, I want to add blue light on walls, as you can see in other parts. But I was also thinking of adding small lights below each stair, so it would shine . But I think there is too much of lights then. What is your opinion ? Maybe changing colour of lights ? Or remove them ?

Bez názvu_1.jpg

Angryboy

I thin lights along the walls in a similar style to the hallways and then adding very dim lights on each step might work?
Like really dim lights?

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
Welcome to Star Wars :D

Bez názvu4.png

Nah, going to change that, this just somehow evoked the atmosphere of SW seires, especially SWTOR...

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
Well it is a tiling to another part, but yea, I usually headbang it when going down. But ceiling there is risen a bit,altough you can't se it from this angle... laters screens will do...

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
On the other note, a bit of artwork, altough HW logo is not made by me. Still, enjoyable piece of 3D modeling ^_^

HWimg.png

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
Made this shelf thing today. Modelling took only about hour, I tried to focus on combining beveled and sharp edges.

However, main focus was on texturing the shelf thingy. UV mapping took me about 3 hours, and painting it in photoshop took me about 2 hours. Well it may sounds a bit long, but you know, adding texture, playing around with colors, resizing, etc. Well this made out of it. I plan to finish the whole set...

Yet I must say, textures do not blur and remain sharp no matter the distance...

Komoda.png

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
*stalks* rofl and whèeeeeeeeeeee~

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
I finally got to make something in 3D. I think it looks weird... maybe because there aren't any actuall 3d models in scene... anyway it made /kinda/ nice pic

Bez názvu.jpg

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
Getting better at what I love. I belive it will look even "Good" once I apply textures to it. I am afraid of setting up uv layout, but looking forward to create textures and normal maps...

Bez názvu2.png