Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Gaster434's Application [approved - Bartooliinii]

warlord2468

Loyal Servant of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Gaster434

2. How old are you?
20 years of age on earth

3. What country are you from?
United States of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes I have

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming - The illegal action of taking any context that is taken outside of the person’s RP and used in the person’s RP while knowing that their character does not know about that.
Powergaming - Powergaming consists of a Player performing an action against another character forcing that upon the character which is illegal in most of the RP realms.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, that is not allowed within your server.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
I am somewhat of a strategist, every move I make I want to be sure of or know that it will one day it will make me become better at what I do. That is a reason why I love and enjoy RTS and strategic games that involve thinking several moves ahead of yourself. Sometimes that could get me into trouble as well because of me thinking ahead of myself. But I always love solving impossible with the possible, when I do it just amazes a lot of people and sometimes amazes myself. I also when in combat or in any scenario I believe in Knowledge is power not Power is strength. I can tell you why that is, Knowledge equal technology, Technology equals strength, strength equals power. In real life my only social life is currently this here computer and my father and that is not at all being social in real life but I have to make due with what I have.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I don’t show off, I create and improve.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found this server while looking throughout the web.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name:
Juliar Gaster (Jew-lee-are) (Gas-tur)

Character Age:

Character Race:
Silver Elves

Appearance:
  • Pale skin
  • Black hair
  • Black coat stretching down to his ankles.
  • Grey shirt
  • Leather gloves
  • Deep grey pants
  • Leather boots
  • Black eyes

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
My story starts at ...well a age that has started my life…..the beginning of the Era of Corruption My father…..was a researcher working towards learning more about combining magic and technology to create better stuff. He was not well known but he was favored by everyone around him for his respectfulness and kind heart. His Mother worked as a gardener for her family, she took care of medical herbs that made her family some money by selling the products to doctors or hospitals. After a while my mother got pregnant with me, and of course it took several months before I was born and then began my life.
My early years were spent not socializing but studying like mad, I was completely fascinated with the world and wished to learn and know more about it. In the libraries I was completely happy, but going out and learning about the wilds was even more impressive. I continued my studies under my father and my mother taught me how to survive and how to be a gentleman. However my socializing and exercise were not at all up to par making it difficult to start up conversations and interact with the locals of my village. After hearing the news of the gods being more and more absent and each kingdom going to war with each other my family knew that there was trouble brewing.
We were right about that, it was when I was the age of 15 when my father went ballistic with the knowledge of the Bastians. He started his study on them but was denied access to them which ended up with him attempting to sneak in only to get killed off by a guard thinking he was trying to steal them. My mother was modified and soon was put into depression, I however grieved for the loss of my father and his research however I did promise to take up his place and someday be a researcher of both magic and technology myself that is within the knowledge this world has to offer. I then started attempting to learn about arcana but was unable to find any type of resource on it from the libraries and librarians who work there, which I soon became mad about.
At the age of 20 we had to evacuate the northern kingdoms due to an enemy force busting from east sea, I had to leave all my research and studies behind. My mother took it tragically and was killed off, the cause of it I had guessed was in the forms of suicide. I grieved with the knowledge of my parents now dead as I created a custom burial ground for them both before I left to say my goodbyes and fled to the eastern continent with several other refugees. It is here that I have finally start a new life…..and a new promise ...to one day take back the northern kingdoms...Whatever it takes...I will be successful in my endever…..

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Hey Gaster,
Your definitions of power gaming and meta gaming are spot on, well done!
I would like you to explain a bit more about that "technology" you mentioned. As you might know, we have a tech-lock, which means our server cannot develop beyond a certain point of development / technology. Also you cannot start a character with any knowledge on magic other than the fact it exists, and perhaps some of the effects, so to what level does your character know about magic?

warlord2468

Loyal Servant of Altera
Well I know that your server is Tech-locked, and yes I cannot develop stuff beyond that like phones, airplanes, etc due to the fact that its stupid and doesnt ft the server at all since it takes place in the medieval era along with fantasy however the technology I am thinking about is fantasy which currently I will need time and patience in order to do several different things: 1) Figure out what I can and cant do. 2) use the ability of RP and character development to begin learning about it in hopes of creating something new. 3) then with the staff permission start a long and tiresome RP with both my time and currency in order to create said tech and provide it.,
Not to mention OF COURSE he does not have no sort of knowledge on magic if you would have paid attention to the "Written Test" you would see in paragraph 3 this and I quote, " I then started attempting to learn about Arcana but was unable to find any type of resource on it...." This clears my character of having ANY LEVEL at all of knowledge on arcane and magic arts other than it exists.
)(Edit:
  • Removed "That is" from the response.
  • Yes My character does not have NO knowledge about arcana nor how to achieve it. No, My character Is not someone who starts out with books on "this and that" in fact My character [because of his background] starts out with absolutely nothing at all, that also means the research and study he had before. However, he will be building from the ground up and will be creating and destroying and creating again because he is a researcher and his goal is inventing whether it takes OOC Months or years he will get there.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I was just asking to see if you are aware of the restrictions on character creation. And you seem very aware, so I'd like to welcome you to our world, Gaster!

You'll be whitelisted shortly, as I'm not able to Whitelist you at the moment.

Soooo...

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.