Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

GG's Application [Approved - Squidziod]

Sailing_Elf

Storm's Landing Wanderer
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

I have 3 accounts. The main account I will be using for this application is “Golden_Gardener”

2. How old are you?

I am 27 years old.

3. What country are you from?

I am from the USA, time zone PST (Pacific Standard Time).

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

Yes I have. I really enjoy what I’m seeing so far for how the server seems to be run.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming is using outside information to gain/use that information in character. In example: Friend A tells Friend B over coffee that they buried a chest of money behind their house. Friend B goes home later and digs said chest up from the ground in character. Friend B’s character should have no knowledge of this, they have just meta-gamed this information for personal gain.

Powergaming can be interpreted in a few different ways. One may powergame by utilizing actions that would normally not be within a character’s abilities. In example: Character A is a farmer by trade with little experience in much else. Character A suddenly decides that they are also a seasoned smith, and begins to craft weapons and armor that are of good or possibly even masterwork quality. This is powergaming.

Powergaming can also be when a character forces an action upon another character, either outside of what would be determined to be their believable power range, or by placing an action that cannot be avoided. For example: Character A slaps Character B. All actions must be “attempted” and not forced. Otherwise, this is powergaming. In another example: Character A is a farmer with little fighting experience. Character A attacks Character B with a sword in an unexpectedly skillful way. If this experience is not listed in the character’s initial application, or has no been learned in character over time, this character should not be able to fight with finesse.

There are a number of other reasons I could list as examples, however I will leave the understanding of it as “allowing your character to do something they should not feasibly be able to do is considered powergaming.”

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

No, this would be considered cheating.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Niko (SirNicholas14) is one of the mentors’ names that I took from the Mentor list from the forums.

8. Tell us about yourself!

My name is Raeann, but everyone calls me Rae, or Rika. It’s a pleasure to meet you! I enjoy collecting seashells, playing with my corgi, Flower, and getting involved in artistic works. I love D&D, Pathfinder, and all other forms of Roleplay. My favorite scent is sandalwood, and my nickname at work is Mermaid. I look forward to playing with you all, and hope we can be great friends.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

I enjoy building and doing different forms of artwork. Unfortunately I don’t have much of a portfolio made up, but I’d love to contribute to the forums and share as I work on new projects! I did, however, make a single build to showcase to you which can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/zPREg as a sample project. It took me about an hour, and with limited resources as far as decorations go.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

I was! I spoke with Elz a long while ago about the server, and had considered it but never got around to joining. After a less than stellar time with another server that will remain unnamed, a friend of mine Bettemus has convinced me to give HollowWorld a chance.

==================================

About Your Character!

Character Name:

Tamaura Sonnenschild

Character Age:

Character Race:

Caparii Female (Light-hoof)

Appearance:

https://i.imgur.com/Ikijy0C.jpg

(Art done by me in a hurry)

Tamaura is a lithe, somewhat tall young woman for her age. Standing at a strong five foot nine, Tamaura would be a great asset to picking the jam jar off the top shelf in the kitchen. She has soft spring green eyes, resting over freckled rosy cheeks. Her skin is a dewy pale hue, with tawny orange brown hair that falls around her face in thick tresses and long curls. She has two long horns that grow out of the top of her head that spiral upward, curving towards her front just slightly. Tamaura has spotted freckled shoulders, and an athletic figure, down to her goat-like legs and hooved feet. Her legs are furred, and brushed often, leaving her pelt with a healthy, glossy sheen all the way down to her polished hooves; that is, when she’s not mucking around in the gardens. She has a lovely chipper tone of voice, and can often be found with a gentle smile and vibrant flowers in her hair.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

https://i.imgur.com/1vYxLkW.jpg

Written Test!

Tamaura wiped the sweat beading on her brow and stared up to the late afternoon sky, a small breather from the day’s work on the farm. Removing a handkerchief from her tool belt, it was brought to wipe away the moisture from her neck. She smiled softly and took a deep breath, stretching upwards to the clouds slowly drifting by. A soft hum began to work on her lips as the Caparii set back to work, digging up small holes to transplant the bulbs of flowers and veggies into her small garden. The hum slowly worked its way into song,

“For shelter and shade
Has the oak tree grown
The ship, the cradle
The hearth, and home

Arms so strong
They hold the sky
Stood so long that
The heart can't die

The limbs, the veins
The head and the heart
The earth, the roots
The leaves and the bark~”

The young devout sang a simple song of appreciation to Sallana, her patron goddess in hopes of a fertile harvest. Tamaura took special care in her garden, this was her love, and her crafts were her passions. She continued along the small row of bulbs until they were all nestled comfortably within their earthen beds. Once finished, she stood up and brushed the bit of dirt from her fur and went to taking what spare growth she could from her already grown plants and herbs. With new ingredients in tow, she returned back into her family home and greeted her elder brother and father as they sat over some new irrigation contraption her father had been tinkering with. Another loving greeting and hug was given as she passed her mother dearest in the kitchen as the young Caparii made her way to the small workshop her mother often used. Armed with mint and lavender, Tamaura set to extracting their oils within an alembic in order to make some perfume. It was something her mother had been trying to teach her, just a few drops, that’s all she needed. “Oils are invaluable, they could be used for so many different crafts. Perfume, soap, bath salts, candles. I’ll teach you how to make as much as I can. Then, maybe one day, you can take over the craft for me and sell to the general stores to make money of your own!” Tamaura recalled her mother’s words from some years ago. At first she hadn’t thought she’d like learning how to craft these types of goods, she had always been more interested in the heavier crafts, like smithing or masonry. Though, after a few months of practice and lessons, she began to enjoy it quite a bit.

She had been distracted.

“Shoot!” Tamaura exclaimed, she had let the burner go for too long and ended up burning the sprigs of lavender she had been working on. “Rats…Well, that one’s no good, now.” she sighed and turned off the burner under the glass tool to allow the alembic to cool before cleaning it out and trying again.

“Are you alright, Tammy?” Her brother poked his head into the small room. Spring green eyes drifted to her brother, the spitting image of her father, albeit younger.

“Yea Beu, I’m alright. Just daydreaming, burned the lavender again.” The young girl explained, running a hand through her tawny locks.

“Again? Be careful, don’t burn the house down, okay?” He gave her a stern but reassuring expression.

“Yea, yea, I know.” she fanned her hand at him, shooing the older Caparii out of the room.

Once her bother of a brother was gone, Tamaura cleaned up the alembic and set to work again, this time paying better attention. She’d get the hang of it soon. ‘Practice, practice, practice.' She kept telling herself.

Extra Information:

Tamaura is a young Caparii with an older brother, Beu; Her father, Basil; and her mother, Rosalina. She grew up well cared for, with little hardship. She learned farming and caring for livestock from her father (his pride and joy being that of working a vineyard), and apothecary work from her mother (In addition to learning how to make wine, but only wine as far as alcohol goes.). She’s not the best cook, but she can make an edible meal, her favorite is bread. She cannot do much in the way of fighting, but she can at least fend off the crops from the average stray dog or rat thanks to her brother teaching her the bare basics of self defense.

She grew up in a small farming province that aided in providing crops and livestock for the various towns and cities throughout the continent. Her family would often make trips to the larger cities to sell on the trade routes. She enjoys traveling by caravan and finds a special kinship with those who respect life and the happiness that surrounds it.

Tamaura is a jovial young girl with a songful heart and a bounce in her step. She’s often eager to help those in need, and often won’t turn a blind eye to someone if they’re struggling. She’d rather not eat dinner herself if she can feed someone who needs it more than her. Ever charitable, it sometimes makes her naive and gullible, willing to aid someone even if it’s not necessarily in her best interest.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application. If there's anything I should clarify upon or edit, please let me know and I'll be happy to make the changes. I look forward to joining the community and having fun with everyone!

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Well done!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. (very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselveswill be banned irrespective of their innocence.