Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Gramenlof's Application [Accepted - Jase]

wyver10

Lord of Altera
Villager
Gramenlof
Gramenlof
Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username
?
Gramenlof

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States of America, now in Canada

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming - Acting on things in RP that you heard in OOC
Powergaming - Forcing actions on other players, or having an OP character without development

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Cymic_

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hello, my name is Carter.I'm going to University in Canada based on the wishes of my mother. As of now, my life has devolved to sleeping and doing assignments, with some games in my spare time. I used to enjoy rock climbing, rollerblading, and biking. Currently, what I have left to enjoy is programming and Black Crusade. I have a very abnormal sleeping schedule, but I'm usually there when people need me.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I designed this website: www.janeaustenteas.com/

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Alduindie, Ruu, and Sophe convinced me to hop onto the server

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Deram

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Height: 5'6 ft.
Weight: 152 lbs.
Build: Very slightly muscular
Eyes: Brown
Skin: White, but always covered in dirt
Hair: Brown, I would say his beard is clean shaven, but he uses his knife to shave soooo, take that as you will

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

Deram lived with his father, Ken, in Storms Landing in a small home on the outskirts of town. He never had a motherly figure as his mother had died in childbirth along with his twin brother. While this had only a small impact on his early life, it hit his father hard. Every night he would sit patiently at home, doing chores or just sitting at the door waiting for his father to come home, but every day it took longer and longer. Ken worked at the docks in town and would usually return by sundown, but every night he would take a stop by the tavern to drink away his sorrow and anger at his wife's death. And every night he would come home drunk to his expectant son, who would come running to welcome him home. It didn't take Deram long to realize that his father was not the same man when he was drunk. As the days went on, Deram came running less and less towards Ken, and more so running more and more away from him. Days turned to months, and months to years. Deram became good at avoiding his father. As he grew older, he became faster and eventually he was able to outrun his drunken father. The repercussions for running away was that he had no food for the night, he would have to sleep on the street or find a place with a roof where nobody would notice him for a couple hours. In order to feed himself, he would pick up odd jobs from people for a quick buck. You needed something delivered? He had you covered. Wanted some muscle to move some crates? He was there. He kept doing those kinds of jobs until he was fully independent. The only issue with a non-steady job, was that your income also fluctuated. And so, he barely made enough for food, with some left over. Living under a steady roof was not an option, and he certainly wasn't going to return to his father after all that time. To return home would be to die, to find a job on the docks could also hold the same fate. It is that reason that kept him away from a solid job, and that reason alone. Maybe one day Deram might save enough to move to a new town, but for now, he's not going anywhere.

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, the realm tangled with the Behemoth Qlippoth, awakened by monsoon rains and with which came the Ashen Blight plague and eldritch abominations. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through its tenacity and reverence. The memories of the trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the heavens fall and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Coooool beans! This is looking very good, yes. Welcome back, friend.

Do note that due to the lastest campaign death has lost all meaning as outlined in here. But beyond that-

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.