Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Deceased [Dead] Gromm

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Gromm playing a board game with an ogre in The Sorrows.
Art by Piratep00f

> Link to Gromm's Journal. <
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Current status: impending death from Heart Failure.

Name:
Gromm Brownbeard

Other Names:
-Unco Babin (as written about him by Krummi Stenahurr in a book named Unco Babin)

Current Titles:
-The King's Hand Mouth
-Khargyra a Khárûz Kublai (Trusted Member of King Kublai)
-Magister of Knowledge of Khárûz-Korum.

Past Titles:
-Lord of House Yearnen
-Knight / Lord of House Elumeril
-Knight of Thundervall
-Pirate of Queen Sally's Crew
-Brother of the Engem Tribe
-Servant of the Syrien (slave)
-Khargyra / King's Hand to Khárûz Kublai.
-Author
-Magister of Knowledge at Khárûz-Korum

Date of Birth:
He was born in PC-2185, before the Second Exodus.

Date of Death:
Died on Thronesday, 7th of Springrise, PC-2293.
He died at the age of 108.

Race:
Dwarf.

Sexuality:
Heterosexual.

Current Residence (Tomb):
Khárûz-Korum.

Relationship Status:
Widower. His wife died in PC 2234 to a Syrien.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

~Physical Appearance~

Art by Lady Alec

Height:
4'9ft.

Weight:
164lbs.

Eye Colour:
Right eye is a deep blue, left eye is white as it is blind.

Skin Colour:
White.

Shape of Face:
Round with flat cheeks and small, half-hidden ears.

Distinguishing Features:
Strong-looking Dwarf, missing one eye, always looks thoughtful to those around him.

Build of Body:
Strong, thick shoulders and strong legs.

Hair Colour:
Chocolate brown.

Hair Style:
Growing downwards, fringe combed to one side. Does not curl nor stick up.

Posture:
Back-straight due to training given to him from Elven nobles.

Is Seen By Others As:
A Dwarf that must have a long history of both fighting and learning through mistakes. Passerby's would simply see a rather old, cheery Dwarf with an eyepatch.

Scars:
Left eye has a large burn going downwards, body has burns and cuts from Demons and Undead that Gromm has been fighting over the years. Stomach has a healed stab wound.

Voice:
Deep and calm sounding. He sounds like Kodlak Whitemane from Skyrim (click for link to video of his voice).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

~Personality~

Strengths:
-Cool-headed most of the time.
-Patient.
-Combat experienced.
-Culturally aware.
-Extremely knowledgeable on many topics.
-Very organized.

Weaknesses:
-Holds grudges unintentionally.
-Over-thoughtful.
-Easily angered.
-Extremely wary of strangers.
-Proud.
-Demanding.

Fears:
-Water (due to Syrien).
-Large above-ground Cities at night (due to Galo Gulch).
-Powerful Magic Wielders.
-Cave Spiders.

Education:
-Literate and writes often.
-Has a professional knowledge of Altera's Histories.
-Has a complete knowledge of how to forge metal.
-Understands how to fight different enemies, including races, monsters and undead.
-Has seen, lived among and come to understand how different cultures strive.
-Can brew alcohol (though not professionally).
-Has an understanding of Queen Grief and how corruption "exists" within Altera as an entity.
-Has a basic understanding of the Gods and their desires.

Languages:
-Horgaahn.
Spoken - Fluent
Written - Fluent

-Common.
Spoken - Fluent
Written - Fluent

-Elven.
Spoken - Very Limited
Written - Decent

Personality Traits:
-Knowledgeable.
-Philosophical.
-Extremely sociable and enjoys conversation.
-Brutally honest, even when it is offensive.
-Very loyal to friends.
-Storyteller.
-Protective.
-Understanding.
-Fierce.
-Workaholic.
-Easily angered.

Alignment:
Lawful Good.

Short Term Goals:
-Die a good death.

Long Term Goals:
-Be known as "Gromm the Wise" in Legend.

Gromm at the age of 26.

~History~

Birthplace:
The village hamlet of Thundervall in the Northern Kingdoms.

Childhood and Teen Years:
Uneventful. Gromm learnt how to hunt, bake and mine in his childhood as he took on multiple jobs for his village, but he eventually decided to leave it due to wanting to explore and make a name for himself fighting Queen Grief.

Early Adulthood:
When Gromm came to age, his life never really had a set point of focus. He lived to go from place to place, often in short spaces of time and help whomever he could. He never could understand why people settled down into single locations as he explored all corners of the Northern Kingdoms. At the height of his age, Gromm worked at the Laughing Lamb in Port Silver, was Lord of House Yearnen, had helped Krummi create Tahkul Rimtar and fill it with books, have an Elven adopted son called Scoot, live in a large Elven Manor with House Elumeril on Midnight Island, fought Queen Grief and Demons wherever he could and had even been captured by Siren twice. He had even become a petty pirate, part of Queen Sally's Crew, after visiting Skull Cove.

Unfortunately, just as King Seth Yearnen requested that Dwarves begin rebuilding Thraall, his adopted son died after falling from a great height in port Silver. While recovering from sorrow, Gromm fell in love with a redhead Dwarven maiden named Raisa. He married her, but she died a few weeks later at the hands of a Siren in Port Silver.
Gromm was overcome with grief and faked his own death to escape society, to which he did for many years. Each time an Exodus came, his hooded figure hid in plain sight before returning to the wilds.

Late Adulthood:
Whilst living in the wilds for many years, Gromm lived in a mine of his own creation on a mountain. It was too small to attract any attention, though he kept fauna away from his possessions. He mined and traded the ore with a nearby village for food and alcohol. He'd also repent to Korog for not being able to craft, as all Dwarves should, only able to fight the occasional undead that threatened his local area.
Most importantly, he meditated over past memories and the state of Altera. From his meditation, Gromm felt at ease with his grief and became calmer, more clear-minded. In Gromm's mind, he feels as if he knows how Altera 'works' and how life will ultimately come to an end throughout worlds.

After many years, Gromm returns to society, seeking out his brethern and a way to repay Korog for his insights. He dons the new last name "Brownbeard."

Gromm begun construction of Khárûz-Korum with the aid of Lemarc and Kublai, to which Gromm elected Kublai to be Khárûz of Dwarves first before others agreed. Kublai gave Gromm the title of "Khargyra."
Over time, Gromm aided Khárûz Kublai and made trade connections on the Eastern Coast for Khárûz Korum to be well-stocked and well-fed.

Death:
Unfortunately, around the 18th of Floodlock, 2293, Gromm's heart began to fail (heart failure).
He ultimately died on Thronesday, 7th of Springrise, PC-2293, surrounded by his kin in Khárûz Korum. Upon death, Gromm believed he would go to Korog's Mead Halls where he would see his wife, son and friends once more.

Family History:
Gromm had a small family with the last name "Wake." He had a sister, Ormild Wake, whom became Lady of Thundervall, but ultimately must have died in one of the Exodus. Gromm was married to Raisa Wake, but she was murdered at Port Silver by a Syrien.
He was also part of House Elumeril and known as "Uncle Gromm" to much of the Elumeril children that Lady Eala (an ex-lover) had. Gromm believes that Eala, the jester Jeroxia and all Eala's children were killed in Exodus- though he considered them all his family once.
Gromm's last name died with himself.

Past Places of Residences:
-Thraall
-Tahkul Rimtar
-Heaven's Reach (now Galo's Gultch)
-Mirage
-Port Silver
-Midnight Island
-The Sorrows
-Khárûz-Korum

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

~Skills and Proficiencies~

Personal Combat:
Axes:
[93%] - "Meir rhák eta meir babin."
Shieldwork: [83%] - "Meir shieldar eta meir babin."
Heavy Armour: [76%] - "Meir waer sturr hir."
Hand-to-Hand: [76%] - "Ae've had me fair share 'o brawls in me life."
Makeshift Weaponry: [66%] - "Used ta fight with me shovel!"
Swordsmanship: [55%] - "Ain't quite as powerful as 'an axe, really.."
Horsemanship: [55%] - "Riding be quite 'ah fun 'ting 'ta do."
Archery: [32%] - "Used 'ta be good at it, but nae anymore."
Light Armour: [08%] - "Sod 'tat."
Magic: [0%] - "Nah."

Combat Targets:
Undead:
[94%] - "Easy 'ta kill, but 'tey can outnumber ya easily."
Nether Beasts: [82%] - "Spent me youth fight'in in 'ta Second Great War."
Fauna: [70%] - "Ae'll hunt 'em when 'tey attack."
Creepers: [54%] - "Cannae get back quick enough sometimes..."
Giant/Cave Spiders: [50%] - "Tis always 'ah fifty-fifty..."
Flying Beasts: [21%] - "Ae hate what ae cannae reach."
Endermen: [20%] - "Fuck 'tat."

Household Skills:
Cooking:
[71%] - "Ae love baking."
Brewing: [41%] - "Rather taste other folks Ale rather 'ten me own."
Cleaning: [41%] - "eh. Makes 'ta room like nice.. 'an 'ta plates need clean'in."
Childcare: [40%] - "Had 'ah son once, ye know.."
Sowing: [0%] - "Why is 'ta hole so small?!"

Practical Skills:
Writing:
[92%] - "Ae love writing me own books. Ain't nay joy like spread'in me knowledge."
Forging: [84%] - "Ain't it all Dwarves 'tat smith?"
Survival: [80%] - "Used 'ta live in 'ta Sorrows, didn't ae?"
Construction: [71%] - "Built 'ah few structures in me life."
Mining: [66%] - "Ae am a Dwargar and 'am digging a hole..."
Mycology: [65%] - "Ae know me 'shrooms."
Farming: [65%] - "Ae worked on farms 'fer some part of me life. Boring, but reward'in work."
Masonry: [60%] - "Ain't it all Dwarves 'tat carve stone? Magh stena?"
Sailing: [50%] - "Ae'd rather 'jus let 'ta sailors do it.."
Woodcutting: [21%] - "Bladdy hate trees..."
Woodcarving: [11%] - "eh?"
Alchemy: [0%] - "Nay. 'Tat were Daeron's territory."

~Legend~

Expert - 91%-100%
Senior - 81%-90%
Experienced - 71%-80%
Proficient - 61%-70%
Intermediate - 51-60%
Adept - 41%-50%
Novice - 31%-40%
Beginner - 21%-30%
Rookie - 11%-20%
Untrained - 0%-10%

~Other Trivia~

Favourite Types of Food: Fish.
Favourite Types of Drink:
Ale and mead.
Hobbies/Pastimes:
Writing, traveling and drinking.
Favorite Colours:
Gold.

~Relationships~

Loves:
Raisa Wake, Scoot Elumeril, Eala Elumeril

Good Friends:
Jeroxia, King Seth Jenkins, King Krummi Stenahurr, Lemarc, Mistaah, Dav'id, Khárûz Kublai Kull, Borgrus Greatbane, Thôrdil Bárúmur

Friends:
Daeron, Chalkem, Queen Sally, Dum'ni Plug, Syviil Alighieri, King Cymic, Grimli Stonesack, Iskvandar Alighieri

Acquaintances:
King Draco, Cassian, Elizabeth Kane, Duke Andre Ursae, Kitrana Dawnriver, Jerr'co, Grand Duchess Alison Kane, Lune Tekton, Cedlas, Amelia Flint, Olga Stonecutter, Kam Hakiaz, Fronslin, Sugar Silveria, Ventare Seymour

Dislikes:
Drake, Kristoff, Kris, Maceo de Courtnay

Foe:
Queen Grief, Arthum, Tavish the Demon, Scardrac the Demon

Last edited:

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
looks neat! interesting though, before this server I rped on a server called Gromm's Server (Wouldn't recommend going there, just name similarity struck me as funny.)

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
looks neat! interesting though, before this server I rped on a server called Gromm's Server (Wouldn't recommend going there, just name similarity struck me as funny.)
Seriously?! xD
Gromm's server? I once RP'ed on a place called Sam's Server, but I never imagined there would be a Gromm one. Back when I started RP'ing, I got the name 'Gromm' from Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, from a Nord that was protecting an Elf during one of the Dark Brotherhood quests. I thought it was a suitable name!
But... Gromm's server =P That has made my day!

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Small Edit:

-Added "Relations." Will begin recording Gromm's relations to those he deems worthy of mention.
-Edited weaponry to be more simple.
-Changed Short-Term Goals as Gromm has achieved some of his goals already in the short span of him being Roleplayed. He is very productive...
-Changed description of the top image. His opponent is an Ogre. While no official lore is on them, Ogre's are mentioned to be hunted by The Slayers Guild, thus they exist within the Lore of Altera as far as I am concerned! =O
-Changed "Syrien" to "Siren" as I realized my mistake.
-Edited "Current Residence."
-Given Gromm a Voice. There is now a link to who he sounds like.

Vincentius

A miserable little pile of secrets
Lore Staff
Lover
Hero
Staff
Vinsintius
Vinsintius
Lover
This guy looks pretty neat. You've given him some nicely vivid characterization.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Small Edit:

+New Title and Occupation.
+Changed "Social Class"
to "Gentry."
+Changed "current residence."
+Changed short-term goals
, as Gromm has, once again, achieved his short-term goals. Korog would be proud!
+Added more folk to relations.
+Changed favourite food from "meat" to "fish." You can thank you the Astrum Isles for that.

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
Small Edit:

+New Title and Occupation.
+Changed "Social Class"
to "Gentry."
+Changed "current residence."
+Changed short-term goals
, as Gromm has, once again, achieved his short-term goals. Korog would be proud!
+Added more folk to relations.
+Changed favourite food
from "meat" to "fish." You can thank you the Astrum Isles for that.
Ameliaaa?

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Ameliaaa?
Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks, bollocks-- I had thought of her when writing it, but then I forgot to add her! :(
I've added her now to "friends." Gromm is quite proud of himself for finding Amelia sat in the tavern, given her personality.

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks, bollocks-- I had thought of her when writing it, but then I forgot to add her! :(
I've added her now to "friends." Gromm is quite proud of himself for finding Amelia sat in the tavern, given her personality.
:heart:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Another Update:

-Copied Bowduim in some of his profile of The Drillmaster.
-Removed some sections which I deemed irrelevant. Made away with the entire Health section.
-Reformatted with a line between the subtitle and text. Added colour, too.
-Added "skills list." Took me bloody forever.
-Added a theme.
-Added a few more relations.
-Added a few more Short-Term goals.
-Added Gromm's opinions on the Gods.
-Added a link to Gromm's Journal.
-Removed one of the images. It seemed outdated to me.
-Gromm's new favourite food is fish. You can thank the Astrum Isles for that...

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Literally another Minor Update on the same bloody date:

-Added beautiful art by Lady Alec =D
-Gromm gained a little bit of weight due to Thôrdil's event.
-Made the basic bulk of the text in bold to make it easier to read.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
*taps foot impatiently*
Gromm doesn't even know anything about the Astrum Isles folks xD He just turns up now and again-- somewhat knowing the family, but knows almost nothing about who is speaking to other then he carries a stick on his back. Also there is a Frenchmen there for some reason Bowduim
I cannot have someone on the relations list that Gromm doesn't really know. He likes Astrum Isles, at least-- but the Isles aren't on relations lists xD

Bowduim

Lord of Altera
Gromm doesn't even know anything about the Astrum Isles folks xD He just turns up now and again-- somewhat knowing the family, but knows almost nothing about who is speaking to other then he carries a stick on his back. Also there is a Frenchmen there for some reason Bowduim
I cannot have someone on the relations list that Gromm doesn't really know. He likes Astrum Isles, at least-- but the Isles aren't on relations lists xD
Frenchmen is there because he heard rumours of baguettes.